Reviews for The Sinking of NĂºmenor
Nenya Kanadka chapter 1 . 5/21/2003
Jen, darling, how do you do it? You keep coming up with these completely hilarious humour bits about the Elves-if it were me, my fount of inspiration would have dried up a long time ago.

Anyway, thanks for yet another piece in the style of Maeluiwen! Usually, I don't like parodies that make fun of the Elves, but you're doing it in a light enough fashion that I haven't the heart to be offended. Besides, it's bloody funny! And you do have to wonder, sometimes, exactly how they *did* treat each other from day to day...

Loved it yet again, especially the conversation in Imladris, and the introduction of the Dramatis Personae.

Sincerely,

Your Fan,

NenyaQuende
Jay of Lasgalen chapter 1 . 5/21/2003
OMG, that is fantastic! I love it. I love Thranduil and Oropher shooting fairies, the fairy that bit the poor ambassador (and worse!) and the Cunning Plan. (Do you watch Blackadder?)

Love both titles for the Plan, too.

Great stuff. Thanks for a good laugh.

Jay
Zimraphel chapter 1 . 5/21/2003
Oh, Jem, you work so fast! I don't know whether to bless or curse you for leaving poor Tar-Miriel-the-Not-Appearing-In-This-Fanfic out (I'm sure she doesn't like faery bites either), but still, I'm at work trying to hold in my sides to avoid attracting unwanted corporate notice, you know. *snicker*
LOTRlover chapter 1 . 5/21/2003
*You* are a genius. I laughed till I cried.
Ainaechoiriel chapter 1 . 5/20/2003
Oh, that was hilarious! Thank you so much! It's great to find humor that isn't just silly slapstick, but also is book-informed! And the Sindarin are better...
stearchica chapter 1 . 5/20/2003
LOL! That was VERY FUNNY! I loved it! I loved Olorin's letter! Everything was great... good job :D
Maureen Lycaon chapter 1 . 5/20/2003
I can find only one thing to say to this:

ROTFLMAO!

I'm tempted to wish for more weird Nuzguls to bite you.
Tinni chapter 1 . 5/20/2003
Words fail to describe what I feel about this fic. So I will show my approval in stars: *
Starbrat chapter 1 . 5/20/2003
*dies laughing* Lovely.
erunyauve chapter 1 . 5/20/2003
Okay, I'll admit to being rather fond of fae (well, my imaginary fairies don't bite), but also being a fan of Oropher and his brood, and a champion of the much-underestimated Sindar, I quite enjoyed this story. Very clever & original work!
Godforsaken chapter 1 . 5/20/2003
I know these insane Nuzgul are bothering you, but the stories end up hysterically funny. I *love* your portrayal of the Valar and Elf-lords and various other powerful type people. And I liked the Faerie's choice of insult.
iluvelfiebois chapter 1 . 5/20/2003
MWAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHA!

This is so FUNNY!

*falls off chair in hysterics*
42 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3