Reviews for Crystalline Coalition
Martial Arts Master chapter 20 . 7/3
Having Kara rate Alasdair's appearance as a "six or seven" makes sense; it helps explain Kara's later attraction to Zack.

Don't worry about not being able to update this story as much as you thought, take your time! Writing shouldn't be rushed; we'll be here when the muse returns to you.
Martial Arts Master chapter 19 . 6/27
Peanut butter chicken curry? I've never heard of it before reading your author's note, but it does sound delicious.

Your logic behind naming the city Oraphros makes perfect sense. I'm not sure what Crystalline's language is called, though since the story takes place in the fantasy world of Terra, maybe the language is called Terran. But that's pure conjecture on my part.
Martial Arts Master chapter 18 . 6/19
Huh, I never thought about the Forest of Sorrows scene like that. That's a good observation on your part; it never occurred to me back when I was playing Crystalline that Leanna's scared behavior in that scene was out of character.
Martial Arts Master chapter 17 . 6/12
That scene with the two women flirting with Zack was funny, I laughed as I was reading. Though, I haven't finished a playthrough of Crystalline for months; was that woman with the "blinding armor" in the game, or is she a fic-original reference to something?
Martial Arts Master chapter 16 . 6/5
Phew, for a minute when those guards showed up I thought this was going to go the Persona 5 route and have the asshole get the protagonist in trouble for doing the right thing. I'm glad Alasdair here was successfully able to defend his rescue of Tavel.
Cpt. Lynx chapter 16 . 6/5
Yeah, screw you Titus!
And we finally saw some constructs, so we're going places in that regard.
Nice chapater.
Martial Arts Master chapter 15 . 5/28
I like the way you still made the card game scene flow smoothly, despite replacing Cheat with Hearts. I also like that Amelia still did very well in the card game and got to show off her intelligence even more.
Martial Arts Master chapter 14 . 5/22
My apologies, but what does the abbreviation SOL mean in this context? I looked up abbreviations like Statement of Liability, Stricken Off Leave, etc., but those meanings aren't related to works of art.
Cpt. Lynx chapter 13 . 5/16
Poor Leanna, wandering around for hours searching for the lost Alasdair.
Also, yay to science.

I feel you on the part of not liking a name, but then growing on it. The same was with the title of my fic, actually.
Martial Arts Master chapter 13 . 5/15
Professor Exavier also being from Earth is a cool explanation for why his name is a shout-out. In fact I wonder if that explains the other shout-outs in Crystalline, like a certain expy of a certain billionaire-slash-superhero we'll meet later on.
Martial Arts Master chapter 12 . 5/8
Hmm, I watched the Chess musical when I was younger, so I'm familiar with the One Night in Bangkok song, but unfortunately I'm not sure how this chapter references the song, as it's been a while since I saw the musical.
Martial Arts Master chapter 11 . 5/1
I liked the telepathic solution to getting Zack to open the door. Come to think of it, it's been a while since I completed a Crystalline playthrough; I don't remember how this problem was solved in-game.
Cpt. Lynx chapter 11 . 5/1
Yeah, this is what I'm talking about. Great chatper. And Zack being an ass there never gets old.
Cpt. Lynx chapter 10 . 4/23
I like the way you expand on the given scenes. The way more powerful shadow magic shows that you clearly put some serious thoughts into the whole story. But poor Leanna still catching a blast.
Plus more backstory on Alasdair is also welcome.
I am also impressed that you found that one passage in the lyrics of Gas Gas Gas that are actually usable in any situation that don't involve cars (or drifts).
Martial Arts Master chapter 10 . 4/23
I think you've succeeded in presenting a reason why Alasdair is awesome, if he was willing to resist torture for three days so he could get that IRONCLAD security system.