Reviews for Take the good with the bad
JAC-LA chapter 26 . 8/7
I am so happy that I found your story-loved it! Thank you for sharing. Now on to the sequel!
deniche chapter 26 . 8/6
Amazing story! Thank you so much, i loved The characters and The stories!
Corbert4ever chapter 26 . 8/4
I have just finished reading this story and I enjoyed it so much! I liked the story from Darcy's POV, all the angst! You write so well. I look forward to to reading the for posting.
Baiabaia chapter 10 . 7/26
Omg i really really really love your fic
Is absolutely my favorite of P&P, and the version that i always want to read.
Im going to continue reading
poor richard!
Its really heartwarming to read about the two families getting to know one another. Having D's parents still living has added such an interesting perspective to the canon characters and events. All your characters have a pleasing roundness and depth - and i can't thank you enough for sparing us too much of miss bingley.
midnitewanderer chapter 7 . 6/12
Oof just tear my heart out already. I haven’t cried this much from a fanfic that wasn’t written by Breanie(mini shout out to Bre. If you love Harry Potter, check out her story A second chance. 280 chapters and still going). The absolute raw emotion from Will has me on the verge of ugly crying. Right now I’m at onion phase which is a lot for me. The fact that I’m trying not to break down and straight out bawl is just…I don’t even know how to finish that statement. 15/10 would recommend and I’m not even close to being done with the story.
B34chGr1 chapter 25 . 6/10
not sure what book you were thinking about here. but I totally visuallized a translated copy of the kama sutra
B34chGr1 chapter 12 . 6/9
not done yet. but have to say your rendition of darcy in this is just so adorable
It is beautifully written. I just find it a bit unlikely that nobody suspects that he might be lovesick.
lovely chapter.
Ann chapter 26 . 6/3
Great great story.
I think Bingley could have read the book too, Jane deserves some fun too. XD
Ann chapter 1 . 6/3
Im a sucker for these stories too, sadly most JAFF puts Elizabeth as the wrong party. I'm so glad for your stories. Thank you.
PoirotH chapter 3 . 5/13
You are very generous. I just thought to mention it in case no one has so far. Thank you :)
GlassMazeGazer chapter 15 . 5/6
I agree that £7,000 is an outrageous sum to have been flushed into a sewer like Wickham, but when you consider that canon Wickham blew through £4,000 in less than a handful of years then went back to Darcy demanding the living he’d already been compensated for, £7,000 is not so much more.

Wickham has a very warped sense of the value of money when he can so quickly waste a sum that a vast majority of people back then would have found sufficient to support themselves modestly for life by just living off of the interest. According to your story Wickham is eager to tell folks old Mr. Darcy loved him so much he would have preferred that receive the whole Darcy inheritance instead of Fitzwilliam, so £7,000 would still sound like pocket change to Wickham. (I think if it were left to him, the Wickham character would probably be able to completely bankrupt the entire Darcy estate in a decade or less if he didn’t just flat-out gamble it away. Thinking how much he was worth, his careless spending & vicious habits would increase accordingly and the moneys then properties would slip through his fingers in no time.)

What surprised me about the ordeal in your story is that old Mr. Darcy didn’t seem to feel nearly as much responsibility as his son for Wickham’s long history of bad behavior nor for the more specific issue of him running off with Lydia. After realizing he _should have_ believed his son about Wickham’s behavior, I would have expected the parental/godfather Darcy to have insisted on having more of an active role in doing something about Wickham than simply offering to supplement his son’s funds to bribe the wastrel. I know your intentions were to stick to canon closely but to my mind, when his godson tried to elope with Georgiana for her dowry old Darcy should have been livid. I can’t fathom that he wouldn’t have done something major to Wickham at that time in his indignation as a father. As rich as the Darcys are, in that time and place it would have been nothing to arrange for Wickham to be put into any number of situations that would put him out of reach of the Darcy family for a long, long time if not permanently.