Reviews for Horse Lady of Rohan
Hecate77 chapter 1 . 5/5
This book was amazing! Really love the author. If you have some great stories like this one, you can publish it on Novel Star, just submit your story to hardy novelstar. top or joye novelstar. top
hutschefiedel chapter 62 . 3/29
Great Story.
Lady Yomi chapter 1 . 1/15
Great start! I'm already invested in Wynne's story, hehe. Her mother sucks and I'm curious about her future encounter with the elfs, so thanks a lot for writing this! ;)
legolasgreenleaf15 chapter 62 . 12/7/2020
Oh my, I'm sure their journey took longer than it should have! I'm so happy those two can finally be together without needing to worry or hide anymore, and they are so freaking cute! Aww, Sidra and Nugu settled with them :)

This is one of the best endings I've ever read, hands down. I love that they are sailing together (and that they're joined by so many of their friends)! You've developed this story so beautifully! The growth Wynne underwent was so well done, and the relationship between her and Legolas was paced really well (as was the relationship between Legolas and his father). All of the interactions between Wynne and the other characters felt incredibly organic, and I never once felt like something didn't work. I'll miss having new HLOR chapters to read!

Thank you for such a wonderful read. If it weren't for your Thranduil story, I'd have to search for something new (and yes, you'll certainly see me over there - I have some catching up to do though lol)! :D
legolasgreenleaf15 chapter 61 . 12/7/2020
Life has finally slowed, so I'm back to review these last few chapters!

Oh Wynne's mother tried to stop them again, but Wynne's father came to the rescue! Bless him for standing up to his wife (maybe he'll realize he has the confidence to stand up for himself now?). And this means Legolas and Wynne can finally just get married! Man, what a hassle the two of them endured getting to this point, but the hassle was masterfully devised (kudos to you!).

Aww, Legolas and Wynne are so sweet! As always, I love how you brought the two of them together :)

Another lovely chapter! On to the epilogue :D
Captain 7 Thunders chapter 1 . 11/30/2020
The primary concern is the immediate introduction of an original character in a leading role. Usually, that is the trademark of a Mary Sue, who makes an appearance in every scene (actively present or canon characters discussing her if she's not present). Still, the writing seems decent enough, so I'll give this a go.
Gamadd01 chapter 62 . 11/20/2020
I really enjoyed reading your story
TheGirlWithThe555 chapter 1 . 11/16/2020
CH.56
This broke my heart so much when wynne's mother came. I had a very bad falling out with my own mother and she is narcissistic and abusive(weird admitting that here but this story touched me for that reason so much), it was almost triggering to see Wynne be treated so, It reminded me of feeling powerless and hopeless and again, it just broke my heart so bad. No one deserves such treatment and I truly hope that that monster gets what she deserves. I hope thranduil puts her in her place somehow, because he may be a king of ice, but even he is portrayed in this more kind, more gentle than that wretched woman. Even his treatment of Legolas and dislike of courtship between the two, I think is really out of love. Wynne's mother is so terrible, also her nerve about the meara thing! What if thranduil had known as legolas had known, would she have not cared of what an elvenking might do to one that lies to him? Such selfishness. You write so good to make me hate her so bad.

CH.57
Oh man, that was dreadful to read, in a good way of course. Just the whole time how she treats her daughter, just terrible. Just terrible, terrible. Poor Thranduil, having to deal with someone like that trying to be such a weasel. But also I enjoy seeing thranduil relating to wynne and that his name carries power even when wynne says it to her own mother. Man, my heart hurts. Just gonna have to keep reading to see what happens, I do hope that things will turn out for the better, though everything has come together in a way that it seems as though it would be rather difficult.

CH.58
Man, I am such a crybaby. Thranduils words to Wynne brought tears to my eyes. The love he has for legolas, it makes my heart melt so much at their father/son relationship and even how gentle he tried to be with Wynne. You words are written and placed so well, my poor heart.
Also, seeing wynnes mom talk about her life and with how she treats wynne... It would not surprise me if she was treated as such when she was younger. My mother was treated terrible, just as she treats me, I try to be sympathetic, but she could try to be the change rather than falling into old traps of abuse and power, and my feelings are the same for Wynne's mother. I cannot feel sympathy for one who treats those as they were rather than rising above it and attempting at being a better person. This is very cathartic to read in a way. I also enjoyed the ending a lot. I was really worried Wynne would go through with it for a moment, Thranduil's talk with her really got to me.

CH.59
Oh man, I was getting all the feels and feeling so sad at the premise of the goodbyes and legolas and Stelpa made me so happy, and what wynne said to him made me laugh out loud. Such a bittersweet moment. And then at the very ending of this chapter... Oh my heart! The recurring joke really hits different at this point, both funny and sentimental, it almost reminds me of "as you wish" from the princess bride but legolas using it as a joke but meaning that too in a way. Maybe I'm way off on that, but that's how I perceive it. The feels!

CH.60
Right off the bat, I wish Thranduil would have tried to conspire his third idea with the two before leaving minas tirith, it almost sounds like the perfect solution in my opinion. Maybe wynne could have been down and convinced legolas? No... Both are too soft-hearted for such plans I imagine, though I am with Thranduil on this one.
...Lothlorien! My favorite place of all, I have wondered if you would go there at all. It does sadden me that Wynne won't be there, it is such a beautiful place. And of course, now an old song is stuck in my head for I much desire to speak with you. It just makes me think of the they're taking the hobbits to Isengard song from back in the day. XD
Ahh, Thranduil always brings me joy, his talk with Cel and his stubbornness and his thoughts of laying a hand on his friend simply not doing, ah, it makes me smile. I cannot wait to read the prequel and have more of him and see how he came to be as he is.
And then once again I am a crybaby. It touches my heart so much to see how much Tharan cares about Legolas. And yet I laugh through such feels when Tharan makes jokes about his appearance. Oh man, my heart! I don't know how you can make me laugh and cry at the same time, but this chapter has made me into a mess.

CH.61
I am so happy that her father finally stood up... And Stelpa! Legolas will be so happy! Also, it was quite a breath of fresh air them not liking kids to be honest. Like that is not always the next step.
And then when they keep changing spots... XD perhaps choosing an indoor location would have suited them better. It made me laugh many times. Also, I think my heart hurts too, is it possible to die of your heart melting with joy? If so, call for help. Lol, but seriously, just omg this chapter was perfect!

Epilogue
I do not want to be here. Rather I wish I was still on like chapter two and could read it all over again. Of course I probabl
TheGirlWithThe555 chapter 48 . 11/14/2020
Just wanted to say eeeek, I'm so nervous for what will happen and excited to see what comes next. go Wynne and Leggy! stickin it to the man! ah ha.
TheGirlWithThe555 chapter 47 . 11/13/2020
So I just wrote down some of my thoughts as I read through multiple chapters so what I say may seen a little scattered, but it is just comments over me reading quite a few chapters.

I really enjoyed the parts in Legolas' pov, it was fun and interesting to see his thoughts.
Also, on Thranduil knowing about the bugs, oh it considerably cracked me up, out tears in my eyes. ahhh.
I enjoyed Thranduil and Legolas' bonding, seems like he is finally coming around and that hug with Wynne, I barely expected it! I also forgot to mention before about when he was clipping his nails and wanted to mention that it did indeed make me burst out laughing. Ahh, the stoic king, but he can't let his nails get too unruly, now can he? Must be well manicured to suit his tastes I imagine.
This last chapter I read was so sweet. The feels! Poor Legolas. Broken heart. Can't wait to read more tomorrow.
TheGirlWithThe555 chapter 31 . 11/12/2020
I loved the orc plot in this, it was nice to see the other side. also... It was adorable. it went from hoorah this is awesome, party to omg this is adorable! I couldn't stop smiling while reading.
TheGirlWithThe555 chapter 28 . 11/12/2020
well, I must go to sleep finally, but I had a hard time putting this down. I'm really enjoying it and honestly, the more I read the more I find myself getting excited to read your story about Thranduil. Thank you for writing this, it is a pleasure to read and I can't wait to read more. I love your details and descriptions and fluff and humor.
TheGirlWithThe555 chapter 7 . 11/12/2020
I was going to wait to review in a couple more chapters, but... Squeeeee! that scene with Thranduil was just too much(in a completely good way I mean.) Just when I'm like oh, maybe Legolas, that elf lord comes back up in here and steals my heart!
TheGirlWithThe555 chapter 4 . 11/11/2020
This is so good. I go back and forth between cracking up and reading through covered eyes at nervousness of how it will go. Thranduil and his 'I'm too good for everything' just cracks me up through the lens of how Wynne is seeing him and Legolas is as sweet as ever. I think I'm jealous of wynne too! also, I wanted to say I am loving your author's notes. it shocks me to learn that English is your second language, if say this is pretty well written. Well, I'm gonna read more now. the past two chapters were awesome, can't wait to see 'the next step', whatever that entails. poor wynne, but lucky simultaneously. xD
TheGirlWithThe555 chapter 1 . 11/9/2020
This was a pretty good first chapter. I'm sure this will take me a while to read it all but the premise is good. Wynne's mother made me so angry. my own mother was... Not so nice so it always tugs on my heart to see a character treated like property rather than a person by their mother. heartbreak. can't wait to see where this will go though