Reviews for Horse Lady of Rohan
legolasgreenleaf15 chapter 50 . 7/7/2020
Once again, Wynne and Legolas are absolutely adorable, but what really got me was when Wynne was being all sweet while Legolas was all concerned about her hair. That was fantastic! And if I were to guess the quote, does Wynne say it when she pins Legolas? Because I feel like that's from The Lion King, but I could also be wrong.

Interesting conversation between Wynne and Gimli (poor guy). Once again, Thranduil has come back to haunt her, but she seems more confident this time (and for the record, I think she's right in that Legolas doesn't just desire her). Oh, I'm all caught up! It's a little weird now that I have to wait for another chapter, but I'll do so patiently. Great work and I'm excited for more! :)
legolasgreenleaf15 chapter 49 . 7/7/2020
Ah, so it was Thranduil. I must say, that was quite the outburst Wynne had there (but perhaps it needed to be said). And if I were in her situation, I totally would have kept talking despite myself like she did, oh my word!

Additionally, I really like how you're emphasizing how the events from LOTR are lingering with the characters and are lingering negatively. It's easy to assume that everyone turned out fine afterward, so it's nice to see them struggle a little with it. I'd argue that it makes it more realistic as well. Nice work :)
Freya's Valhalla chapter 50 . 7/7/2020
So much fluff and angst mingled together. I really hope we get another Thranduil scene soon, it feels wrong to see father and son so estranged. I'm pretty sure he'll end up approving the relationship, but I wonder if some specific event/factor will lead him to be more acceptant. I feel like something more needs to happen for Thranduil to give his blessing (plus a solid heart to heart with Legolas). I'm excited to see how they'll fair in Minas Tirith with Aragorn and Arwen, especially what kind of relationship Aragorn and Wynne will develop.
legolasgreenleaf15 chapter 48 . 7/6/2020
When I tell you I SQUEALED at the “matching braids means courting” thing, I mean it. YES! This is what I’m talking about! I’m also thinking it’s probably Thranduil at the end there? Or maybe it’s one of the other elves in their company who are just shocked/concerned about Thranduil seeing it? It could go either way I guess. Anyway, great chapter! :)
Luthien Tinuviel chapter 50 . 7/6/2020
I loved the chapter, and *sigh* I'm probably guilty of fancying elves too, but as long as I don't say it outright I can pretend I don't. ;) [When I read the books originally, I was rather fond of Glorfindel. (And obviously Legolas.)] I LOVED the fluff and I felt so sorry for Gimli and his tragic love. Will he ever find true love? I was merely reading for enjoyment, but I'll have to double check to find the quote. What movie was it from?

I also saw the reviews from Honoria Granger and she was rather rude. (Even if she didn't do any research before embarrassing herself.) I really admire the mature way you responded to her, though, instead of just taking down her review or responding equally rudely. [She really doesn't know what a Mary Sue is.] Anyway, I applaud your politeness and willingness to explain! Continue writing and making more fans!

Lúthien Tinúviel

(I still have a silly smile on my face.)
Dream Plane chapter 50 . 7/6/2020
Oof, she sure told Thranny off! These chapters were pretty sweet. Nice job!
legolasgreenleaf15 chapter 47 . 7/5/2020
I LOVED this chapter and cannot get over how freaking CUTE Wynne and Legolas are! So he didn't get the wrong idea. It didn't really seem like he would (because we all know how much he loves Wynne), but I'm glad he didn't all the same. And that conversation they had! It was definitely needed to strengthen their relationship, but what I appreciated was Legolas being so vulnerable. He's so stoic in the movies that this was refreshing. Then there's also Wynne being so supportive of him, bless her. This was perfect, especially with Gimli there at the end :)
legolasgreenleaf15 chapter 46 . 7/5/2020
Aww, Legolas told Gimli about her! Bless him :)

On one hand, Thranduil seems to really care about Wynne's well-being. At the same time, though, I kinda feel like Thranduil pushed her on something that wasn't his business, but what's been done has been done. All I can hope for is that Legolas didn't get the wrong idea about the whole thing (and based on your note, I'm thinking that a convo between the two of them is coming)! Lovely job :)
legolasgreenleaf15 chapter 45 . 7/5/2020
I spy a Legolas movie quote!

Oh, there's the start of that strong woman conversation I was hoping for! To be honest, though, I'd probably pull a Wynne and blurt something out, so I feel for her. Speaking of Wynne, her world just got rocked. Poor girl. Luckily, she's got Legolas, and I can't wait for them to talk about it. Great work :)
legolasgreenleaf15 chapter 44 . 7/5/2020
Oh, it's so nice to see Eowyn and Faramir again! Personally, I'd love to see a conversation between Wynne, Eowyn, and Sidra... I'm crossing my fingers :)

And that reunion with Gimli! I don't know why, but it made me so insanely happy! That friendship, I swear. I can't wait to see him interacting with Legolas (or Thranduil, I suppose) later on.
legolasgreenleaf15 chapter 43 . 7/5/2020
Sweet moment with Legolas and Wynne there at the beginning. It's a bit of a bummer that their relationship must be put on hold again, but at least everyone is on the same page this time. Perhaps this time will make their future relationship stronger?

YES! Gimli is coming! It'll do Legolas some good to see him again. I can't wait :)
legolasgreenleaf15 chapter 42 . 7/5/2020
Could it be? Is Thranduil warming up to Wynne a little bit? I don't want to get my hopes up, but it sure seems that way! :)
legolasgreenleaf15 chapter 41 . 7/5/2020
Aww, the heart to heart with Thranduil and Legolas was so good (and needed for them, it seems)! Hopefully they're both on the same page now moving forward! I particularly enjoyed how easily you transitioned from Legolas telling the story to realizing that he needed to tell his father to the conversation itself. It all felt so natural.
Honoria Granger chapter 2 . 7/5/2020
Elves always ride without tack. No saddle, no bridle and reins. Firmly established in The Two Towers.
legolasgreenleaf15 chapter 40 . 7/4/2020
Oh that was intense (and might I add, I'd say you nailed the pacing of the fight)! Hopefully, Legolas's injury hasn't been jostled too much. At least Wynne seems to be in decent shape, which is relieving!
Additionally, large slimy things are not my favorite, so kudos to Wynne for thinking so quickly.

On a slightly different note, it seems Thranduil is a bit suspicious about the whole thing... Given how many chats he's had with them, this can only mean some opposition is coming, but who knows? Maybe this time he'll be fine with it (I ask very hopefully)? Loved this one :)
341 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 .. Last Next »