Reviews for Mommy Dearest
Acacia Jules chapter 8 . 4/7/2004
Rylan DESERVED to be slapped. She'd been nothing but rude the whole time. She had NO idea what her mother had been going through that whole time. Her mother OBVIOUSLY thought she couldn't support her children back when she gave them up the first time, it's DEFINITALLY not her fault they went into shitty homes. She had no control over where they went! And you said that they were taken from her the second time, because she couldn't afford to raise five children on her own, well again, NOT HER FAULT. And doesn't Rylan have the brains to see that it probably was killing her to have her children taken away back then? But she most likely just wanted them to have more than she could give them.

Rylan's mother is so not to blame for anything that happened in this chapter. She sat there and took it all night, and for a long time before that. So she slapped the girl. Ooh, big deal. Once the kid is over the age of 16, and their acting like that, and if they are going to mouth off like that, they have to know that there is a danger that they're going to get slapped, no matter who they're mouthing off to. That is in NO way abuse. I am the one of the FIRMIST advicotes against spanking, or any type of physical punishment from parents. But in this case, this wasn't a case of a parent hitting a child, this was a case of an adult slapping another adult out of shock and pain from what the other one said. And what Rylan said was about the cruelest thing you could EVER say to a mother.
Aimless chapter 9 . 10/3/2003
This fic was superb! Mommy Dearest is right! I'm glad Rylan got away from a mother like that and (eventually) found a loving family with Tessa, Mac, and Richie.

Thanks for sharing this!
Aimless chapter 8 . 10/3/2003
WooHoo! Go Tessa!
Aurumlupi chapter 9 . 7/30/2003
French is such a beautiful language. I love knowing what you've written. I love your writing on this storyline. It's magnificient.

Au revoir!

~Aurmlupi
Aurumlupi chapter 8 . 7/30/2003
Damn. Go Tess.

Aurumlupi chapter 6 . 7/30/2003
M...fettuccibi alfredo...m

Aurumlupi chapter 5 . 7/30/2003
Seven miles? DAMN! I hate running one.

Aurumlupi chapter 4 . 7/30/2003
I think it's so cute that Tessa calls Rylan "Little Rabbit." That is cute beyond all belief.

Aurumlupi chapter 3 . 7/30/2003
Brendan and... Whitney? That kid must have been beaten up quite a lot in school.

Tyger Magick chapter 9 . 6/2/2003
Excellent Chickie Excellent, but one thing..What the hell did Julie want? She didn't just want to see Rylan for no reason...hmm do I see another story in the future?
Slacker Queen chapter 9 . 6/2/2003
I LOVED IT! You did a wonderful job with this entire fic! I'm so glad Ry and Tess are 'mother' and 'daughter'.

Take Care! LaterZ!
Patti chapter 9 . 6/2/2003
sweet. nice
Richefic chapter 9 . 6/2/2003
I really liked it! The interaction between Tessa and Rylan was really well done, and its nice to see Tess have more of a role for a change!
LoMaRiBa chapter 9 . 6/1/2003
I liked. Great story. Though I still wonder what Julie really wanted. Was it just to control her daughter or to have some kind of trophy or did she have another motive that wasn't so nice?

Lori
Lorilei chapter 8 . 6/1/2003
You go Tessa! Sara keep up the good work. I was hoping Julie wouldn't get off scott free, so to speak. I'm totally suprised Ry let her hit her once much less twice. I hope Julie has a black eye to explain.