Reviews for The Key
welllduh chapter 10 . 5/11/2004
I think I've skimmed this before, but never realized how fascinating it was. Keep going.
wellduh chapter 5 . 5/11/2004
Creepy beyond words. Wonderfully done. Love the use of Numenorian history- not much is written about that.
Eothain chapter 9 . 4/26/2004
Good chapter. I love the book. Although...Could you please update more often? I know you have like a billion other books, but try?
Ithildiel chapter 9 . 4/1/2004
Muaha. This is great... serious and funny at the same time. Update...
Aurora Dawn Bringer chapter 1 . 3/12/2004
I accidentally spelt "Tolkien wrong" and I am sorry. But, I did spell his name right in the other chapters!
Lyn chapter 5 . 2/29/2004
Really appreciate your research
into the linguistic part of Tolkien's
works.
Just one suggestion:
Imrahil, a sensible and solid fellow, whose Cirdan had always admired...
Suggest "whom Cirdan had always admired"
as the object of the phrase.
Lyn chapter 4 . 2/29/2004
Excellent! I particularly liked the
disappearance of the "Corsair" ships.
Some suggestions:
"neither hide nor hair" (neither-nor is a pair)
"But perhaps we shal [have] something more to discuss [with] Imrahil's gatekeeper...(missing
words in brackets).
...but (he'd) (would) not admit that to Pallando... (choose one)
I didn't appreciate the "Manwe-damned hand"
nor the "Melkor-damned box" as just-plain-
damned would be sufficient. Also, Manwe was
considered "good", so the idea of his damning
anything, even a hand,is difficult to
believe and a bit incongruous.
Still, this a very well wrought piece of
writing! Please continue.
KaterineKasdorf chapter 8 . 2/23/2004
To War! To War!
LOL. This gets me really pumped. Eowyn is my second favorite LOTR character, so I was ready to ride to the aid of Rohan at her side. I love that line about daring to challenge the Riddermark. Lovely work!
French Pony chapter 8 . 2/8/2004
All right! I was beginning to think this one was forever lost in the shuffle, but good to see it's back. I need to go back and brush up on the plot a little, but you've got some lovely character moments with the Rohirrim there that are much appreciated.
TheAngleofMusic chapter 8 . 2/8/2004
Wow! I really am enjoying this story. I like all the facts about Morgoth, thats pretty cool! Please update soon!
Raksha The Demon chapter 8 . 2/8/2004
I'm enjoying this and can't wait until the next chapter. I'm hoping that Faramir will play an important role in the story, that is if he awakens. You write him and Eowyn well, and the rest of the characters are credible. Good job with Celeborn, a character who is often underestimated.
Eothain chapter 8 . 2/7/2004
Again, a GREAT chapter!Did you know I love Rohan,Theoden, and Eomer?
Eothain chapter 6 . 2/7/2004
Are you ever going to update this story?Please do soon!
Eothain chapter 7 . 1/18/2004
Very, Very cool!
please continue!
fliewatuet chapter 7 . 1/10/2004
That might have been much exposition but not too much. So Alatar has taken over Celeborn's body to warn the free peoples. I wonder how Celeborn will react once he regains control over his body. But first, our favourite heroes have to face quite a threat, Faramir is out cold as it seems and Rohan has called for aid ...