Reviews for The King's Folk
Writer For Christ chapter 2 . 2/20
I love this fanfiction! So well written! God bless you sign Jordyn
AllieTG chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
Hello!

I wanted to drop a note conveying how much I enjoy and savor your Lord of the Rings stories. I especially love the incorporation of the Northern Kingdom into a fandom that sadly, I think, is mainly movie-verse without knowledge or care of Tolkien's books. I find your stories -well-written, entertaining, and enthralling all - so refreshing and original among thousands of other stale and unimaginative plots.

I observe from your other stories that you have redirected you writing efforts towards other fandoms, and I am very sad as I have avidly read all and finished your Lord of the Rings and Silmarillion works. Selfishly, I hope that you will regain your passion for Tolkien's works soon and provide with many more of your stories!

Happy writing!

AllieTG
Nimbus Llewelyn chapter 16 . 1/2/2010
What can I say? beautifully written, superbly researched...indescribable
diexhydra chapter 16 . 6/23/2009
very good story so far plz update
Nelarun chapter 16 . 8/29/2008
I can't believe I haven't reviewed yet... though that may have something more to do with me never actually finishing the story - something always goes wrong... HOWEVER... I can now say that I have (finally) finished the story, and I LOVE IT! I really honestly do! You are an awesome author!

Nela
Virtuella chapter 16 . 6/18/2008
Yay, I've caught up!

I found the last few chapters a bit less inspiring than the first ones, but there are some wonderful insights, in particular the idea that the Rangers expected to die and now struggle with the responsibilities of peace. The picture you give of the tasks left by long ages of war is a very real one. Also, as before I am glad that you are filling the empty spaces on the map. I always found it very odd that most of Eriador and in fact of Middle Earth was just empty wilderness. So I really like your picture of the once-proud and now deserted cities.

Beomann is a very believable character and his attitude towards the Rangers is well developed.

I am in two minds about the descriptions. On the one hand there are beautiful glimpses into an unknown culture, but on the other hand I felt in places the descriptions took over and hampered the flow of the story. I ended up skipping some of them.

Still, a very good story overall!
eiluj chapter 16 . 6/14/2008
I had read the first part of this story long ago, and am both glad and sorry that you've completed it.

While I am usually bothered by non-canonical stories, for some reason I've always been more tolerant of the departures from canon in *your* stories. Must be good writing!

I hope you will continue to write in this fandom - and I especially hope you will complete "The Field of Cormallen." Well - and a few other things!
SwordMasterZ chapter 1 . 6/13/2008
I lihe this you get to see how important the rangers actualy are.
Rawiyah-Taliesin chapter 2 . 6/13/2008
Hooray! I'm gonna reread now that it's easier! May your pen never run out of ink!
Virtuella chapter 5 . 6/12/2008
As soon as the missing children were mentioned, I was hooked. I’m glad you didn’t let them come to any harm. ;-) But how did Gil know which barrow to look in?

I like the sensitive way you have portrayed the people of Bree. They appear very human in their behaviour – not to keen to put their head into the line of fire, but able to find courage and do what must be done, when shown how to do it. There is very good and believable interaction between the rangers and the Bree folk. Barliman carefully choosing gifts for his family from the treasure hoard is very touching, and then I like how you lighten the mood with that half sentence “but it would look good over the bar”.

The next thing that made me read on was them going up North. I wonder if you’ve been like me, looking at the Middle Earth maps and trying to imagine those parts that Tolkien has told us little or nothing about. Annumminas was one of those places that had always fascinated me. Thank you for filling in the gap.

Beomann’s anger at the deception and lack of trust is an excellent development, as is his increasing sense of being part of a much larger history than he had ever been aware of. And I find it so beautiful and also very appropriate that the rangers are asking the Breelanders to teach them the arts of peaceful living.

“Beomann had a brief, incongruous vision of a class of solemn Rangers listening attentively as he lectured them on innkeeping.”

That is such a sweet sentence!

I thought there was the occasional word out of place (“There was something funny about the fire” would have better been “something odd” or “something strange”, “discount” would have better been “bargain”), but by and large your use of language is very good. Some spelling and punctuation errors would have been distracting in a weaker story, but I could tolerate it here.

BTW, I am on a private crusade against the use of the sentence “Are you all right?” in the LOTR fandom. It is just so inappropriate, and can be easily exchanged for something like “Are you quite well?”

This has been a very interesting read up to here, but I am getting rather tired now, so will continue another time. If I fail to do so, remind me. ;-)
DXRULES103 chapter 16 . 6/12/2008
Thank you so much for the updates. Wonderful chapter.

Beomann took the oath, eh? Interesting. Keep it up.
Rawiyah-Taliesin chapter 1 . 5/31/2008
Wow, that was amazing, but you might want to space them a little better. I almost didn't read because it was a wall of words.
eagle chapter 12 . 9/7/2006
Don't call them the Gondorium!There're the MEN OF GONDOR!
Nelarun chapter 12 . 8/17/2006
Another excellent story! Well done. I love it how you made the Breelanders aware of who the Rangers are. (or were, depending) Thankyou for writing this.

Nelarun
Ayva Trance chapter 12 . 11/26/2003
Ok now this makes sense.. I hail you lol you are a great writer *hails*