Reviews for Unquiet Emancipation
phoenixqueen chapter 1 . 9/19/2010
Just read this story for the first time, and I have to say that although I may be in the minority, I love everything to do with the Phoenix Saga/Dark Phoenix Saga. Of course, my interest tends to lean more towards Professor X's role, but Jean/Phoenix is a very, very close second. I loved the way X2 delved into the mysteries of the Phoenix Saga (although X3 went and crapped on the whole thing - I mean, come on, Jean kills Scott and Xavier? Not even a snowflake's chance in a frying pan!)

But back to your story...I thought this was a very unique look at what Jean might have been thinking or feeling during those last moments, and I especially loved the part about:

"A foreboding quietly echoed in her ears, warning against a hastily made pact. But the innate desire to stay alive is an irrefutable inclination in man and mutant alike, and she felt herself acquiesce almost without delay."

Very, very true! Wonderfully put, and the entire story was amazing!
laenamoradadeROGUE chapter 1 . 6/9/2007
me encanto! i really liked this a lot, i know it's quite old but i was searching evanescence songfics and this came up and it is truly great, i love the end sequence! it's very deep, too. the conviction at the beginning was greatly portrayed. :D
Gijinka Renamon chapter 1 . 3/20/2004
Interesting. I just KNOW there's going to be a sequel!
aimtbj chapter 1 . 11/15/2003
This was great! Keep up the good work!
C. Midori chapter 1 . 5/27/2003
only you would be able to take a form as potentially horrendous as the song fic and turn it into something affecting and metaphysical by turns. *sticks tongue out* :) first, gotta love the title, which manages to suggest both the struggle and the exhiliration of being freed. second, i definitely dig the switch from past to present tense when talking about the survival instinct-the irony of jean choosing certain death but ultimately receiving life never dawned on me until i read your fic. third, as always, your prose is unspeakably lovely (favorite line: "She continued her descent while simultaneously ascending, cleaved in two, dying yet soaring, with a force unfathomable and terrifyingly breathtaking." - wibble!). fourth, you rock. (but of course.)

please, sir, can i have s'more? :D
Dala1 chapter 1 . 5/23/2003
Oh. Thoroughly sick of all the Evanescence songfics (seemingly for EVERY 'ship in EVERY fandom on the planet) though I am, this is certainly unique. Very good.
Dark Goddess1 chapter 1 . 5/22/2003
OH DEAR GOD! This was wonderful!
Nani chapter 1 . 5/22/2003
wow, great story, i love it!
Shian chapter 1 . 5/22/2003
Nice, very cool! _
Princess SimbiAni Dreamz a'Luv chapter 1 . 5/22/2003
O-oh, captivating! Very, very well-written; good job!

Sincerely, SimbiAni... luver of all that's sappy, cute, & aww-some!
LeviathanDragon chapter 1 . 5/22/2003
Damn, that was pretty awesome. I read it while listening to the song, so it gave it some added dramatic effect. Very cool.
Pirate chapter 1 . 5/22/2003
That was beautiful. It was very well thought out and i agree with juliet that "Bring Me To Life" just goes much better with X-men.(Actually I can think of a bunch of other songs that would go with it too...)Anyway, i don't know if you or your fans would want to but if you do, i think you could continue this and make it a story remaining true to your "Jean Theme". (He he that kinda rhymes!)

Little Took chapter 1 . 5/22/2003
Holy cow! That is probably one of the best song-fics I've read in a while. Also, props to using a song that has suddenly sprung up everywhere in a creative way.
YunaDax chapter 1 . 5/22/2003
Thank goodness someone has written a decent Jean story. One that doesn't involve copious sap or Jean being shoved into the background.

I really enjoyed this fic, you've fleshed out one of the most important scenes in the movie and given it even more depth (if such thing is possible).

Very well done :)
TisTheEast chapter 1 . 5/21/2003
glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks that song would've been better fitted for X2 than Daredevil (okay, okay, everyone stop throwing things at me-it worked really well for jsut works better for Jean *smirk*) You really did a wonderful job interpreting that scene and fitting the song in :-D