Reviews for The Meiji Teachings: Evil In Question
Warg chapter 1 . 8/7/2006
Hey..

Character sketches at its best..

This was amazing work..

Lovely use of repetitions, of character strength and the inborn(i mean the Sano's) stubborness to drive through the crucial points..

The tone of the fic was natural and driven.. playing of Sano's anger and his fears.. ten years one goal.. and the one who makes him look back, to reflect, is the very image of his enemy.. except in him Sano sees someone entirely different..

Thanks for the great read.

TanukiGirl22 chapter 1 . 6/17/2004
lookes like i missed a sketch, it's great and stayed true to character. it protrayed sanosuke's deeper self perfectly, and that's whawt i love about it. i hope to read more, and i hope you could give me some advice on my fics, esp. The True Emperor
Saucie chapter 1 . 2/18/2004
This is a scene that has always interested me - Sanosuke's first meeting with Kenshin, and their first fight. Sanosuke is explained there, but ... not quite. And this is it. The 'quite'.
It sums up his hate - because all that hate and anger is so much a part of who he is - and his doubts - "There are always questions." - and why he actually listened to Kenshin, after - and during - that fight. And Sanosuke's fears are brilliantly portrayed ... his fear of disappointment, of actually facing himself in all those ten years, and - almost - his fear of actually being ashamed of who he was. Which is why he wears the Sekihoutai bandana, to combat that fear.
No words wasted, and great job!
Cassidy J chapter 1 . 2/3/2004
I love the last line most.
Really, it sums up everything about how he feels in regards to Kenshin. :)
Beautifully done! -bounces- :)
Night-Mare-Chan chapter 1 . 6/26/2003
Cool. You captured his voice really well. _ You're really talented. Of course I all ready knew that. ~_
BrorJace chapter 1 . 6/2/2003
Very touching story, I think that even though it was short, it was to the point and was able to capture what Sano's character is really feeling about the Meiji Era, so I liked this fic, mainly because I think it would be difficult to write for a man who seems more shadowy (if that's even a word :P) then Kenshin himself.

On another note, since it was short, and to the point, Akai didn't go rambling on like some writters do just to make it seem like they have more to say then is necessary.

Overall I give it a thumbs up _
Bard chapter 1 . 5/23/2003
WOW! O.O That was extremely powerful. PLease write some more like this. I really hope that you do write more. PLease do.

Hn. Ja ne.
Bloody Angel X chapter 1 . 5/22/2003
This was really good. I think it catches the spirit of Sano's weird trains of thought, and was really pretty deep.