Reviews for A Song of Guns, Germs and Steel
Anon chapter 19 . 5/3/2023
Congrats, this might be the thickest, most dense characterization I've ever seen for Ned, dude is a child. Few other minor nitpicks but overall I think Ned needs repercussions for being a manchild.
Rubia97 chapter 59 . 5/2/2023
crunchies!
Rubia97 chapter 59 . 5/2/2023
let's go, Freebrams
ILIKEBEANS123 chapter 31 . 4/22/2023
Lol that last line had me laughing
Tallman7 chapter 57 . 4/22/2023
Holy sh*t that scene with Trump. I nearly died laughing.
0richierich0 chapter 34 . 4/3/2023
Your story is so well written. The characters are all acting intelligently from their own points of view. And you have laid out the events and motivations in an easy-to-understand way. I particularly like how you've written Tywin. He actually brought up a fair number of good points. I'm surprised that everyone assumes that the Lannisters can't win. Their armies occupy a central position and with skillful tactics can defeat Robert's armies piecemeal.
0richierich0 chapter 29 . 4/3/2023
Oh my. Is Cercei getting rid of her religious fanatics by sending them at the gate? She certainly can't believe that they stand a chance?
0richierich0 chapter 28 . 4/3/2023
I loved your scene with the encyclopedias. In my mind I can picture Lena Headey reverently examining each of the books like the priceless treasure that they are. I'm getting strong Ring of Fire vibes here. In that series they stupidly released history books into 17th century Europe and all Hell broke loose. I'm thinking that Westeros smiths can cobble steel tubes together and use their crazy hellfire mix to fire it until they can get gunpowder right. And the Aussies have brought it on themselves. Things are getting interesting. Thanks so much!
0richierich0 chapter 16 . 4/2/2023
Just the image of Ned, Sansa and Arya boarding a jet powered helicopter bound for Australia blows my mind. I LOVE fanfiction!
0richierich0 chapter 9 . 4/2/2023
And this chapter reminded me of when native American leaders were taken to New York by steam train in the 1860s to show them the futility of resisting.
0richierich0 chapter 7 . 4/2/2023
I'm not sure that any US Secretary of State in recent history would have the guts to go through a portal that might disappear at any moment. I sure wouldn't!
0richierich0 chapter 5 . 4/2/2023
When you get right down to it, a few thousand murders thugs and rapists rule the Westeros population by threat of murder. It's going to be difficult for the Australian Government to ignore the atrocities taking place right in front of their eyes. Especially the lack of women's rights. And rapid social change is always chaotic. If push comes to shove, perhaps they could turn to Ned Stark as a more responsible leader to deal with?
0richierich0 chapter 4 . 4/2/2023
I'm really enjoying your story. Fortunately, Westeros is advanced enough to survive the culture shock. Established cultures such as India, China, and even Africa held up relatively well against the Europeans. Stone-aged cultures from the new world and Australia, not so much. Westeros dodged the bullet by not having the ring appear in North Korea or China though. Thanks so much for writing this!
silkr0ad chapter 58 . 3/30/2023
Hah! Suck it, Tywin. They're you, but stronger.
silkr0ad chapter 52 . 3/30/2023
Reading Rosamund's death was really fucking hard. Fuck Joffrey, and fuck Lancel, but what sin did she ever commit? At least I'm glad Cercei's other children got away. If only it hadn't happened at Rosamund's expense.
1,359 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »