Reviews for Evergreen
HGRHfan35 chapter 20 . 8/5/2021
:-D
Poor Enos. Oh he is in dire ‘strate’ now.
Also, telling Daisy Duke NOT to go upstairs…. Seriously, Enos? Of course she will!

Now….he will go back and log his evidence in writing….will he mention Jack Dawson in his report? If so, if something happens to that man… Enos will KNOW for certain he has a mole and my guess is that it is Melinda who is ever so helpful on the late evenings..

Then again, I could be soooo wrong.

Thank you for updating. Missed you amd this excellent story.
JenD16 chapter 20 . 8/2/2021
I was so excited to see this story was updated, loved the new chapter! I’m so glad she staying with Enos, I hope they’re able to talk things out soon.
mille libri chapter 20 . 8/1/2021
Poor Enos, everything seems to be coming together at once to complicate his life!
KayCee1951 chapter 20 . 7/29/2021
This chapter - how to start...First, the opening paragraphs are emotionally compelling and spot-on. The narrative is chock-full of metaphor and the humor in the similes made me laugh - out loud - several times. The mystery of the freighters has become deeper, and yet it feels as if Enos is making headway in his investigation of the two murders. I enjoyed the dialogue with the guys in the bar.

Second: And just when I thought you had lost your mind and painted Daisy and Enos into opposite corners in Chapter 19, you've constructed a perfect maze of words to lead them back to neutral ground. As a writer, I am a bit envious. As a reader, I am ecstatic at the prospect of more.

Lastly: Due to Enos's chivalrous reputation as a gentleman, and the fact that he didn't offer Daisy the comfort of a bed, I am already getting an image of what Daisy would likely find if she were to venture up those stairs. And I wonder what Enos will think about the rest of the entries in the pages of that notebook once he gets a chance to do more than glance at them.

Needless to reiterate, but I LOVED this chapter.
Mygh91 chapter 20 . 7/29/2021
Welcome back, I’ve missed you! I am excited to see where you are headed with this.
mille libri chapter 19 . 3/18/2021
I love Daisy's adventurousness and her embrace of this new place and the new people she's meeting - her naturally sweet nature comes out so nicely here. And that last bit is so painful, both of them overwhelmed and unsure what comes next.
JenD16 chapter 19 . 3/14/2021
So glad that Daisy went to find Enos. I hope Daisy and Enos get to have an actual conversation soon.
HGRHfan35 chapter 19 . 2/21/2021
Well JHC on a crutch! ENOSSSSS! You dipstick.
That is no way to treat the love of your life! **sigh**

What a great chapter. I did go back to chapter 12 and reread Uncle Jesse’s demise. You did great on that. It felt a bit more sinister and foreboding.
So here she is in a new state trying to find the future with her past. I hope they get to talk soon. Where will she stay? At the bed and breakfast?

Enos is on his way to question the crew of the freighter but will it help?
The post man said something interesting. He has a letter to deliver to the museum from one of those freighters... a letter for Melina perhaps?
I still feel she is involved.

Cannot wait to read more because the way you describe the area makes me feel I am there looking out over that lake. Thank you. Stay safe and be well. C.
KayCee1951 chapter 19 . 2/19/2021
Whoa! That was worth the wait. I was anticipating the moment of truth as much as Daisy...but Oh my Gosh! Where do they go from here...?!
Beautifully written. I was enjoying the trip from the airport.
mille libri chapter 18 . 10/12/2020
Good for Daisy, going to look for the clues to her past and stepping into her future at the same time.
KayCee1951 chapter 18 . 9/24/2020
Big step for someone who was 10 only a year go. Daisy has chutzpah. Not sure how gracious Melinda’s going to be or how Enos is going to react when Daisy shows up but it will be interesting!

This is one of my favorite chapters so far but I’m thinking the next one is going to be even more interesting. Enjoyed the second read as much as the first.
mille libri chapter 17 . 9/24/2020
I love to see Daisy starting to put the pieces of her past back together - and to see her run into someone who doesn't treat her as though she's so fragile she might break. Meanwhile, Enos looks like he's finally leaving his life in Hazzard behind ... which is likely just when it will catch up with him again, I imagine. Looking forward to seeing how that happens!
HGRHfan35 chapter 18 . 9/17/2020
This chapter rocks!
So much content and, I think, little hints.
Melinda... I so do NOT trust her. When she stuck out het thumb to Enos jokingly... I was like “F**k! It IS her. She just came to ‘help’ him out to check if he got any further with his investigation. He did screw up. He let a civilian in to the investigation...one he likes and maybe even trusts.

Daisy...seeing her wreck of Dixie, talking to Rosco (gosh, you do him so well!) and reading Enos’ file... the beneficiary...it is her.
That is what is making her go to Michigan...to get more answers to a past she shall never remember. And probably walks right into danger in Duke fashion.

Thank you!
HGRHfan35 chapter 17 . 8/28/2020
All these people moving around. I am so boring. I was born here, I live here, probably I will die here as well. Which is fine by me, I am happy here.

Daisy is really trying to find out who she was, and she is now, perhaps one day she will find she can become taking all the experience from this. One day she will find in us again but will he have moved on finally? This Melinda, she seems nice but still, there is something about her that I just don’t trust.
KayCee1951 chapter 17 . 8/28/2020
So weird how memory works...Daisy better start encountering more memory joggers pretty soon or she's going to miss her chance. Hopefully, Rosco will break down and let the proverbial cat out of the bag - he's good at that. Lovely imagery, BTW!