Reviews for I had a little bird
Anne O' the Island chapter 1 . 4/11/2020
"...and its name was Enza. I opened the window, and in-flu-enza!" I've had that children's song going round in my head for about a month now. I thought you might use it at some point. It may be a story that no one needs right now, but it *is* a timely one. Hang in there we shall, and try to, well, have Faith.
Irish Princess chapter 1 . 4/11/2020
Such a timely story and beautifully written. I look forward to more.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/11/2020
Brutal and true, both then and now. Let's all be grateful to the doctors and nurses who risk their lives for all of us.
OriginalMcFishie chapter 1 . 4/11/2020
Beautifully evocative. You can smell the death, feel her exhaustion, sense her incoherence it grasps at the bits if sanity she chased. What I really like about it is it captures that moment between waiting for the deluge, and experiencing the end. That moment when you're in the thick if it, hating every moment and have tilo keep on because there is nothing else for it, despite the complete absence of hope. it's a tribute to those nurses -then and nowwhich continue in despite the slim odds , and get us through to the other side
DrinkThemIn chapter 1 . 4/11/2020
And this is why we stay home.
Well, you did a superb job creating the imagery and complete helplessness of that time.

You say it wasn’t needed but maybe it was? It’s an excellent reminder of how it could be worse, or rather that it HAS been worse. It’s not some tale that a creative writer spun together. It was real life and it could be again.
20 | « Prev Page 1 2