Reviews for The Game of a Crown
BradiLain chapter 24 . 9/4/2020
How exciting to be meeting everybody's families! I feel like I don't know what I expected for everybody, but I was looking forward to it nonetheless! The whole storm thing was a nice touch - I wonder if it'll have any lasting effects, if we'll see the repercussions later of the storm.

I liked the conversation that he had with his mother as well, it was nice to see how their experiences were so different from each other but how her advice could still help him out. It's nice to see him worrying about the day, especially since the girls are probably nervous as well. And Luke deciding to write his own speech will be a cute little moment for him. His thought process still screams that he's young, but his mother makes a good point that it was a mature thing for him to do. He's growing up. How precious.

Luke playing football with Sydney's little brothers was such a sweet moment. that's an easy picture for the press to eat up as well, but it felt really genuine from our prince's end. He's not just pretending to be friendly, which is a great thumbs up from me. It is kind of a funny comparison to Luke sitting through the architecture conversation. Haha. I would've been the exact opposite - I love listening to people talk about things they're passionate about, but a football tossing session would be ... well, not my favorite thing to do. I think that Sydney had a really nice family all in all. Everybody seemed sweet as a pea.

Quinn seems just as abrasive with her own family as she is with most people. lmao. at least she's consistent, right? And we have another girl that was adopted - which would normally seem like something that's weird that it happened twice among thirty five girls since it's not all that common, but we all like to spice up the family dynamics a little bit in our OCs so it makes sense. Ansel cracks me up, boyyyyyy sometimes you don't need your nose in everybody else's business.

Daddy cult leader! ohhhh yes, I was pumped for this one especially. and BOY oh BOYyyyyy the drama is definitely here for the party. Solomon is incredibly unpleasant, but I feel like that was to be expected from a crazy cult leader. I think it would've made more sense for him to be charming - since cult leaders usually need that sort of charisma to coerce people into joining - but I'm a sucker for a good asshole parent. Faye challenging her father in such a public way is a big yikes. It's not a good look for anyone involved. It's no surprise that Luke wanted to get out of that situation.

Top Three: Esme, Sable, Laena
Middles: Quinn, Sydney, Sam
Next to be Eliminated: Faye, Ophelia
Cookiedoodles168 chapter 27 . 8/30/2020
Esme and Luke’s date was very cute! And Luke’s definitely getting a glimpse of his future (moving out of the palace, working as a diplomat...etc). For some reason, I think that Luke might end up doing something else (not a diplomat) in the future.
LoganPerdue chapter 27 . 8/29/2020
"someone was being killed every few scenes" -Me when reading anything from Green
SweaterSloth369 chapter 27 . 8/29/2020
Great chapter. Also Esme would totally ace that test without the need for studying. She’s very much unlike me, lol.
FyreFlyFox chapter 26 . 8/27/2020
This has been one of my favorite chapters so far! Nothing big happens, but it's still fun and very sweet. I like getting to see this side of Luke, when he's acting largely like a normal guy and is not trying to be a prince. I'm shocked about how few girls are left too, but at the same time this story has some a long way it the time you have been writing it. I still don't know who Luke will pick, although I doubt Sam on the basis that, as fun as she is, his sister can't stand her and I think Luke would struggle with long term exposure. Esme and Quinn are my to favorites, but I've still got no idea who he will pick in the end. Looking forward to what happens next!
SweaterSloth369 chapter 26 . 8/27/2020
Okay, the sand castle thing was great! Also as a lactose intolerant person I totally agree with Quinn. Rather have a milkshake and have my stomach be mad at me than have nothing at all. Great chapter. I think Sydney might win
MoonChild913 chapter 26 . 8/26/2020
Fairy, I owe you a million apologies for not reviewing in so long. I could give you a bunch of excuses, but i’m sure you don’t want them. Just know I still love this story! I love, love, loved this chapter! All the interactions between the girls and how awkward Luke was. I feel like we haven’t gotten a WHOLE lot of interactions between the girls before this, so it was nice. I like the ongoing storyline of Luke constantly being called out on how privileged he is. My inner communist is loving it. The like about how he didn’t understand how someone could not like their job was gold.

I’m probably reading way too into things, but was that some flirting I saw with Quinn? I think it’s hilarious. I submitted her completely as a joke, just a super fun character to make, but I kind of love that she’s lasted so long. I never shipped it in the beginning, but I’m starting to actually see it.

Anyway, amazing chapter, and I promise to be better about reviewing for these last few chapters!
LoganPerdue chapter 25 . 8/24/2020
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Laena Nooo! I'll miss her but AWWWW Farrah! great chapter!
FyreFlyFox chapter 24 . 8/22/2020
Oh, things are heating up...still can't say I know who Luke will pick, though. I must admit I don't have a lot to say on this chapter...Allyson and Luke's talk was sweet, it's nice to see a bit of their relationship when they are not fighting. The Selected sure do have a mix of people when it comes to family, I hope we might met some of the others in the next chapter. Forgetting people's names...that's a very Luke thing to do, and not the best thing to have happened as a prince. As always, the joke made me smile.
Cookiedoodles168 chapter 24 . 8/21/2020
I really liked seeing everyone's families! It was great to see Sydney's siblings, and Quinn's dad and brother seem like a lot of fun too! Faye is such a sweetheart, and oh my gosh her dad is...a lot, definitely. I can't wait to see how the royal family is going to handle him and to meet the rest of the families.
SenseiGrace chapter 24 . 8/20/2020
Oooof. There goes my Ophelia (unless something happens, but I doubt it. Ophelia wouldn't be a good queen...) All well. She made it a lot farther than she should have, and will hopefully live happily ever after. 14 chapters might be a record for my ocs, but I would have to check, lol. Thanks for accepting her and putting her in your fic!

The chapter was great. Family Day was def interesting for sure. I can't wait for more!
SweaterSloth369 chapter 24 . 8/20/2020
Okay, the joke at the bottom could also be me, lmao. But the chapter was great. I liked to see the family’s! They are cool! Except Solomon. He gives me the creeps. Also go Faye! Whooo, standing up to her dad!
BradiLain chapter 23 . 8/18/2020
Ophelia being a criminal is an intersting twist for her character. I feel like it's very similar to a lot of crimes that people commit in real life - crimes that really don't seem to hurt anybody. Crazy to think somebody that worked to get where they are get the label of criminal along with other people that do genuinely awful things. not to be too political, tho, haha since this is mostly fanfiction. I think that it wouldn't be surprising that she would get eliminated but I can also see Luke trying to intervene and keep her from receiving a full sentence.

mannnnn every time i read from sable i like her less lmao. She's so grating for me. I feel like i know somebody just like her and can't stand them either. i was thinking to myself that'd be too easy to just get ophelia out this way. if nothing else, she made it to the elite. she legally is a three now, so who even cares what she does? I would argue that she still should be eliminated from the selection, since she was dishonest in getting there in the first place, but Luke seems to have a soft spot for her.

looking forward to meeting everybody's families! I think you can learn a lot about a character from seeing what sort of family life they come from. it'll be exciting stuff!

Top Three: Faye, Sable, Laena
Middles: Quinn, Esme, Sydney
Next to be Eliminated: Sam, Ophelia
BradiLain chapter 22 . 8/18/2020
listening to luke, practically born with a silver spoon in his mouth, talk about how it couldn't possibly be that bad as a six is... oof. it's rough. i think that some of these lower caste girls need to really open his eyes before his ignorance makes him bite the dust. LJJJJJ girlllll, how can you be in the elite and then be surprised that there will be cameras? haha. surely there are cameras everywhere all the time, the selection is practically reality tv.

'what was with the girls in his selection having illegal hobbies?' lmfaoooo that's so good. i mean, what better way to beef up a character than give her a random illegal activity? it's almost as good as tagging on a tragic backstory, isn't it? in all seriousness, tho, a gocart date is so cute. love that. i'm awful at gocarts too, so i can relate to lukie here. i'm much better at driving a real car with turn signals and speed limits.

bye bye LJ! I didn't think Luke was going to eliminate her any time soon, so this came kind of out of left field for me. it's nice though. if she doesn't have feelings for him then she should go live her life. girl out here representing with her new caste. get it.

Top Three: Faye, Sable, Laena
Middles: Quinn, Esme, Sydney
Next to be Eliminated: Sam, Ophelia
SweaterSloth369 chapter 23 . 8/8/2020
Great chapter! I loved how Sable helped Ophelia our even if it was kind of shady. She seems like the type of person to only do something for her own gain. Also family day! I like to think Esme is a little quirky but we will see depending on how others are around their families.
125 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »