Reviews for The Game of a Crown
BradiLain chapter 2 . 4/22/2020
Forgive me, but I read the first two chapters back to back so my review will be a little sloppy with my thoughts from both chapters.

Luke seems like an interesting Prince to be following. The idea of him not actually being the crown prince is definitely a choice that makes it different than usual. Also, the fact that he doesn't want to rig the Selection for high caste girls is also going to make his story stray from your typical SYOC. After all, he has no need to pick a girl that would make a good queen. He truly can pick out whoever he wants.

Max seems like such a sweetheart. I know Luke thinks that he's boring, but he reminds me a lot of my fiance. A little sentimental, with little scrapbooks. Ahhh. So precious. Haha. To each their own, though! I think that it was a good choice to have someone to be the opposite side of the coin for Queen Farrah. I can easily imagine her coming off as vain without having someone to love and keep her human. I like them both, but I think Max is my favorite character so far. Haha.

Overall, I really enjoyed your writing. I did notice a couple of little typos - just basic things that could be weeded out with a beta or a second read through. None of them were distracting enough to put me off the story though! Another side note that the continuity with the cannon is a little bit odd - if America was the winner of her Selection, when did the castes come back? Did America not eliminate them in this universe? Honestly, it's a small thing that really doesn't matter too much, but it is something I found myself actively distracted by.

I always love the parodies of apps and such. Super cute little thing to add. I didn't know where to put this thought, so it gets its own little paragraph. Lol. You can expect a lady from me later this week, if you still have slots available! I can't wait to see what you've got so far and how little Lukey fares with his lovely ladies!
The-Sweater-Sloth chapter 2 . 4/17/2020
Loved this chapter, especially the article parts about the short girls. Instapic and fuzzbeed. Hilarious. Loved the polls idea of Farrah selection and Max only winning by 1% lol
a singular dream chapter 2 . 4/17/2020
I feel old. Why do I feel old. I have no idea what he's talking about with the Tik Tok stuff. This is scary. Help. Why do I not understand that.

Either way, I love Allyson. Like, she's a bitch, even if she's not as bad as Farrah (also, i pronounce this name the same way I pronounce driver in German and I can't get past that), but she's going to create some super interesting dynamics. I like Bennet more than her, he seems to be nice and all, and all.

Gosh, I live for Luke and Farrah's conversations. Scrw the selected, can we just read these? They're amusing, awesome and the best thing ever. I love their fights because it doesn't seem like there's one side that is 'stronger' than the other. Both suck, but in a good way.

GREEN CHICKEN. WHAT. This palace- I like the staff.

I'm kind of getting the vibes of 'this never happens to Luke' and 'he's kind of being neglected by his parents in favour of Farrah' and that does worry me quiiiiiite a bit, but like, I'm here for the angst, too. Seriously though, please, Sam, buy the country and throw Farrah out.
a singular dream chapter 1 . 4/13/2020
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

I ALREADY SAID IT BUT FAIRY WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN HIDING YOUR WRITING THIS IS GENIUS GIR Farrah. Like, she's a bitch, but the way you've written her-GENIUS. HOW DID WE SLEEP ON THIS I CAN'T EVEN OH MY GOD IT IS GREAT I LOVE IT

Luke is fun. He's relatable. I feel sorry for him, and thanks to Farrah, I immediately feel like I have to support him. US., I say. GENIUS.

I *SO* look forward to meeting all the characters. I hope you'll like Sam!
Slyther chapter 1 . 4/13/2020
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh its finally here lol!
125 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9