Reviews for Liberi Fatali
Spooths chapter 9 . 11/6/2017
And so it ends here. *sad trombone noises* I really wish that there was more of this. I was so into it, and then BAM! Gone. Not updated since 2005. *cries*

And interesting twist. Not that unexpected in retrospect. And considering how Mireille and Kirika had walked into traps before, it's not that unlikely for them to do a similar thing once again. Well done Noir. You've really demonstrated that unstoppable killing power you've got, eh?

Mireille nearly giving up there made a lot for sense the. Kirika is pretty much the only thing she has left to care about in the world, and with Kirika not wanting to be her companion, their repeated failures, and their current situation, I can imagine her giving up quite easily. Although I don't think she'd be hysterical about it. Much more resigned. But she really can't catch a break. Shot and beaten up and exhausted and psychologically traumatized and confused and scared and probably feeling abandoned by her only friend (girlfriend tee-he) and a billion other things. Poor lady. I wonder right when she snaps she'll just kill everyone or will she kill herself?

Kirika's new personality is a bit off-putting, isn't it? Yet she did save Mireille so she can't be that bad? Maybe? Oh, my poor shippers heart is dying at their fractured relationship. Why can't they just happily kill people together in peace? Kirika, remember the beautiful murderer you are! Help Mireille and destroy your enemies! Do it!

Well, I somewhat doubt this story will ever be finished, although I'd be incredibly happy if it was (were?). All of the longer Noir fics I've read have been left incomplete. This and "Red in Black" probably being my two favorites. I hope one of them gets resolved eventually. If this somehow does get updated that would set a new record on the longest between updates on a story I follow. There's one I waited nearly 10 years for and then it had an update, and then another update a year later, and then nothing since then. But 13 years would be a new record.

Well, I love your work dear author. I hope none of my comments were too shitily written or rude or something. I really had a good time reading this and don't want you to think I didn't love it. Thank you very much!

Spooths chapter 7 . 11/6/2017
Honestly this story is fucking brilliant. The only real "issue" I have is that I believe that Mireille's skills are being undervalued/played, which is eh. I think she's much better than she's being given credit for. But that being my only gripe means that I like pretty much everything else. Fantastic work.
Spooths chapter 6 . 11/6/2017
Kirika nooo! Don't forget Mireille! Don't do it!
Spooths chapter 5 . 11/6/2017
I really liked that bit at the beginning. Does this mean Mireille has unlocked her "true Noir potential". She's gone and powered up on us lmao. And poor Kirika. You'll be ok. Mireille will take good care of you. And she should be able to communicate more effectively IMO. I'm reasonably sure she can fluently speak Japanese. Not a big deal tho.

Now I wonder if this guy is telling the truth. Are there multiple worlds? Is one real and one fake? We're they in a simulation? Are they being double or triple or quadruple bluffed? Who knows?! It reminds me a bit of that one episode of Star Trek The Next Generation wherein Riker is switching between putting on a play and being in a mental hospital and there are changes in what the hospital is like and it's all very surreal. So I'm getting those vibes. It's so fucking awesome reading this tbh.

Spooths chapter 4 . 11/6/2017
Hmm. Mireille did seem to tire far more quickly than she would've in the anime. To be honest, I don't think that they required the amount of backup they were given. Going in quiet would've been far more effective. Also, they are both meant to have infinite ammo. It's impossible for them to run out! xD.

I love it so far. I can't wait to read the rest!

Spooths chapter 2 . 11/5/2017
Ooooo. Cool. I do feel that Mireille should've been more assertive about her feelings. I'm not sure how much it's touched upon in this fic, but I'd say it was fairly well established in the show that they had, shall we say, deep feelings for one another. So I reckon Mireille would've been more upfront about telling Kirika how important their relationship is and that in the "real world" they don't have that (yet ;)). She also seems rather miffed that Kirika is so eager to leave their life of Noir and sin and murder behind. Kirika had the life forced upon her, while Mireille chose it and seems to enjoy it. So I imagine there's some friction there as well. It'll be interesting to see how that develops.

I thought it odd that Mireille was so uninterested in the philosophy stuff. Mireille was established to be rather well learned, while Kirika seemed to be lacking in more academic skills. So I'd've expected Mireille to be far more engaged. Also, does she speak Japanese and such? I reckon she does. She was easily able to communicate when they went there in the show. She also seemed to be fluent in Russian and probably English. I don't know why I mentioned that.

I wonder if in the "real world" they'll retain the skills the have in the Noir world. They probably have the muscle memory and such, but I don't their bodies are physically capable enough to withstand what they're used to doing.

Lastly, I have to admit that the idea of recruiting fictional super-assassins to do a job IRL is a fucking brilliant one. I love that idea.

Dapsy chapter 2 . 4/25/2016
I have collecting brain pieces from around the room... I think my mind was blown. And its only 2nd chapter.
Dusia chapter 9 . 6/17/2013
Will be something more? When?
sharnii chapter 9 . 10/1/2008
Well that was a good chapter, with a couple of exciting developments. Um, I thought you wrote you were going to finish this fic? o.O O.o It hasn't been updated since 04...I guess that means you're not updating. :'(
sharnii chapter 8 . 10/1/2008
It's strange to read this version of Kirika. She seems just a tad OC, even for deliberate memory loss.
sharnii chapter 7 . 10/1/2008
Moving chapter.
sharnii chapter 6 . 10/1/2008
Hmm hmm hmm intriguing ideas.
sharnii chapter 5 . 10/1/2008
Well I'm glad the game was a trick - I was waiting hopefully for a plot device like this. It's better as a trick then real.
sharnii chapter 4 . 10/1/2008
Ok ok I'm interested again.
sharnii chapter 3 . 10/1/2008
Headsets? This is a new kind of Noir...

I don't think it's working for me yet - reminds me of Stargate for some reason, without the aliens. o.O