Reviews for The Things We Leave Behind
Serendipital chapter 1 . 11/20/2013
This is so fantastic! My favorite one-shot in the X-Men fandom for sure. The Todd/Pietro bonding was unexpected, but amazing, and I loved how character-y and emotion-y everything was. This fic made me cry and smile at the end, and it takes a pretty good writer to do that. Great job!
Nachtwelt chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
A very well written but so very sad story.
This was wonderful. Thank you for sharing it.
ocean's pebble chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
Wow. I like. Any fic that gives Todd some actual personality and turning him into something other than comic relief is uber-awesome. Keep it up.
Eerie Iri chapter 1 . 8/4/2007
I really liked this story, its really good!
Gentle Kit chapter 1 . 10/31/2006
Very nice ficlet, strong writing, and cute cheese. :D Loved it.
GoldFox chapter 1 . 10/4/2006
i loved it! you're so good with their chracters!

the best bit was where todd's saved speedy and pietro's hair was like 'two wilted antennas'. Perfect image!

well done! don't be so hard on yourself!

;)
goldfox chapter 1 . 4/7/2006
nice! i like it! no one's as bad as they portray themselves to be. usually. nice job!
Beyond-Society chapter 1 . 3/16/2004
OMG! THAT WAS THE BOMB! I WAS PRACTICALLY CRYING!
Ambrosia chapter 1 . 11/29/2003
Oh my goodness gracious me that is the PRETTIEST story I've ever read since... sniffle ... well, i dunno - *ages* tho! It's gorgeous! It made me want to cry 4 all the calloused fumbling boy emotion u crammed in there! It's just sucha beautiful bonding Moment u got there, and it's great that u stick 2 ur Beliefs too... uh, by which i mean that ur fics all contribute into telling the same one story of different parts y'know, they all agree with each other... pietro's mother with the fire, and now we know mystique wasn't so bad once not so long ago, in ur world, and it's just all this great big jigsaw where u keep finding important little pieces stuck together that u didn't know u needed but r really important once they're fitted into place.
But on an entirely different note, it looks as tho whilst u were caught up in the fevour of transcribing ur Vision 2 ficiness u dropped ur grammar along the way sumwhere. Nothing seriously terribly distractingly Wrong, just a few here & there, but one *Possible* contradiction in ur plot, and I didn't catch it all, bcoz there was one that I just looked at going, "hmm, oh well" at the beginning w/o picking it up, but i figured u'd want 2 c...

(todd talking 2 Mama) "Pietro's the other one. He's Mystique's boss' son... if ya can follow that." okay, but THEN bom, bom BOM...
(after todd fished pietro out of the "pond" on the bank)"Your Dad... was a mutant?"
Huh. So, either u 4got & got caught up in the moment & never looked back, or MAYBE todd had inadvertantly found out somehow and didn't want to let on that he Knew, because they all Understood about discretion in the house but wldn't u tell us that he was training his reaction so as 2 not let on & just let p tell his tale..?
Also, "That was Freakshow's domain." that's fine, it's completely fine & all's fine with the phrasings only who *is* and/or *was* Freakshow..? Or was that an *accidentally borrowed from a fic & assumed it was real* thing..? Hmm.
And but also, the wording mistakes. There was one more in the beginning that stood out 2 me too, but these r the others i saw..
"This had to some kind of record." (be)
"The familiarity if the phrase" (ifof)
"now they city shut off the electricity" (theythe)
...yeh, that's about it. LOVED the story tho! If the rite music was playing 4 it then i really WLD have started crying! Aww, it was so good! And maybe there's one out there starring Fred too, shld anyone care 2 turn their thoughts 2 his situation..?
UnknownSource chapter 1 . 11/9/2003
poor Todd, god dammit now you have me liking Todd and Pietro a little. That was sweet, and very nice i liked the sum up of Todd's past and the way it was told in a roundabout manner without coming straight out at the start and saying it. The descriptions where good as were the personal insights and the interaction between Todd and Pietro was brilliant. You really made me feel Todd's hatred at Pietro for being there, i wanted to throttle the little bugger and then they had the nice bonding bit at the end. Overall a very nice, sweet slightly boardering on chessy story but hey i liked it! Great work!
The Phantom chapter 1 . 10/31/2003
Beautifully written. The descriptions were magnificent to read, like poetry, especially in the beginning. Pietro was a very in-character bastard at first, that gradually morphed into a kinder, gentler version. Very nice.

I was hoping you would follow up on the crumbling cliff. Authors don't introduce dangerous elements and just let it go. Very nice little mini-disaster there.

Todd was lovely. Very in-character, very nice. Props to that.

Bravo!

Phantom
Kazima Kuwabara chapter 1 . 8/15/2003
can you do a sequel! about pietro and toad maybe becoming friends please! please please please!
Baby-Cellophane chapter 1 . 7/28/2003
that was so sweet.

and that is all i can say; i'm so choked up.

it was sad, but seemed to end on a very sweet note of quasi-optimism.
heatherjwood chapter 1 . 7/8/2003
This isn't cheesy at all! This is so sweet and sad! Oh my gawd!

Can you like, write a second one wher Pietro somhow manages to get to his mothers grave, and brings Toddy with him?
newvagabond chapter 1 . 7/4/2003
Oh... *holds back a tear* It's beautiful! I give you my highest respect. This fanfiction is great. And, I think I'm losing my mind. I'm dead serious about what I'm about to say, so listen. Right after I read "Oink oink." I heard a pig oink. I don't know where the hell it came from, but it scared the living hell out of me. Great job. My favorite fanfiction ever. Stay healthy and alive. Bye-bye.