Reviews for Rest
BunnyKat chapter 1 . 6/16/2003
(Bunny) Wha! I like this closure. It was good!
Annastasia chapter 1 . 6/14/2003
Wonderful! Absolutely wonderful. I love these little ficlets you come out with. They say so much with so little amount of words.

I too felt that Spike was saying certain things to get her to go...as much as I would have loved to see pure happiness shine on his face after hearing the words he so longed for, its nice to know that Buffy will go on living for one of them and I think that makes him happy enough.

I have to say the one thing that made me smile more than anything after reading this was the word "hero". Spike didnt turn out to be a champion like Angel has claimed himself to be. No. Our Spike is and will always be a HERO.
Insane Troll Logic chapter 1 . 5/29/2003
The best chosen fic I've read. Well done.
jules chapter 1 . 5/26/2003
oh my. that was sad. way too sad for me. very well written. i like the fact that it was xander who came to buffy and not willow or even dawn. it was nice to see a xander that actually gave kudos to spike.
Rachel chapter 1 . 5/25/2003
waterfalls upon oceans up rainstorms of tears. honestly, what a beautiful piece...i could not agree more wholeheartedly with your analysis of spike and buffy's love...and i adore that xander was the one to shine light on that. excellent all around...from the funny bits (xander sandwich) to the last line (total heartbreak) this was one of the best and most worthy of all the post-Chosen fics. wow!
mszdatu chapter 1 . 5/25/2003
Aw... That was so sweet! You finally did justice that spikey deserved. Damn straight Buffy cried. I like that last line, *sniff* made me shed a 'bit of a tear tear there *sniff*.

LoL. I seriously can't wait for Angel now, SMG better make muy guest appearances.

Much Love

Raven
spikealicious chapter 1 . 5/25/2003
Darryl, you've reviewed mine in the past, and I am so pleased that someone forwarded this to me. You took all the confusion and pain out of the ending that has been torturing me and others for the past 5 days. The smile, his saying, "No you don't, but thanks for saying it," to Buffy.

This was, of all the post Chosen stories I've read so far, the most eloquent and beautiful.
Gallfreyan April chapter 1 . 5/24/2003
Wow...that really has to be one of the MOST powerful/meaningful stories I've read in a long time! It brought tears to my eyes just imagining it all. Job well done Darryl!
Buffy Fan chapter 1 . 5/24/2003
I'm glad that Xander finally turned out this way on the show and I loved your story. I t heart-wrentching in a sad but good way.
timeends chapter 1 . 5/24/2003
I like this fic and it is really sad like so many others I read regarding post-chosen. I like when Xander is helping Buffy to understand her own feeling just like in season 5 before the nancy-boy left except this one is better. It is about Spike.
Aurelia chapter 1 . 5/24/2003
Reading this brought tears to my eyes. Beautiful and stirring writing.
Spygrrl chapter 1 . 5/24/2003
What a lovely description of Spike and Buffy's true relationship. A really wonderful way to look at them and I really liked that Xander was the one to help Buffy see it.
Kiana4 chapter 1 . 5/24/2003
I like this very much. I're read a ton of post Chosen fic but this one is cool!
Claire B chapter 1 . 5/24/2003
I have never read a story on fanfic that stirred my emotions as much as this did. It is so well written and really got under the skin of the characters in a way that I haven't read before. If ever there were to be a final scene in Buffy this should be it!

I've nearly stopped crying now, but you've helped me understand why the series ended the way it did.

Thank you.
anna chapter 1 . 5/23/2003
That was so damn sad and emotional and a great follow up to epilogue. I'm glad you had Xander be the one to talk to Buffy and also have him acknowledge him as a hero. Great story Darryl J.