Reviews for Happiness is a Butterfly
Love this story and outline! Please update soon!
Thank you this the second this story that I have read that as done this which way better than it being abandoned forever.
sophieofwoodsbeyond chapter 5 . 11/3/2020
atc
sophieofwoodsbeyond chapter 1 . 11/3/2020
gre
fata orphei chapter 5 . 7/30/2020
IM SO SORRY THIS REVIEW IS SO FREAKING LATE I LOVED TBIS CHAPTER seeing clara and bella was so cute and GOD THEIR PARENTS ARE RELATIONSHIP GOOAAAALS god i love them. Then August seems sweet! the bit about throwing them out a window made me chuckle. And i’m definitely curious to see what the date has in store :eyes:
BradiLain chapter 5 . 7/13/2020
This chapter was a nice one. It felt similar to a lazy stroll, which was fitting for the context it was in. I'm looking forward to the first date with Rafael - I wonder how he'll feel about it. The first date is truly a very momentous part of a Selection, so it'll be fun to see.

The run in with August was cute too. I feel like Clara's formality makes it hard to tell when she enjoys the presence of any of the boy around her. I never know if she's teasing playfully or just so awkward around all of these men vying to be her husband that she comes off as stiff. I enjoy the interactions regardless though.

Loved the family moments of this chapter the very most though. The Queen is one of my favorites of the cast, just because she's so clearly wading into the greys of whether she's mean or nice on a constant basis. She feels very grounded, very real to me. Plus seeing the sisters together, back in the past, is always a nice treat. The whole family's dynamic in general is very appealing and fun to read about.
The-Sweater-Sloth chapter 5 . 7/10/2020
I liked this chapter. The lavender and bright green outfit honestly reminded me of daphne from the scooby doo gang, lol. Loved how short and sweet it was. Not a disaster at all. The meeting with August was cute. Also I wouldn’t mind seeing more of my boy but you know creators preference, lol. Again, great chapter!
Frenchie Is French chapter 4 . 7/1/2020
This is going to be pretty short but god, I love Clara's family dynamics. "M'llory" LOL. I love them so, so much. Please, I will protect them with all of my heart. The boys sound interesting so far, and I'm not even sorry but FINN. I know I created you to be that way but damn, I can't anymore. It's just so him and I commend you for portraying him *perfectly*. Why do I feel like Enju and Finn will end up clashing against one another in the future? They're so different from each other; just that one interaction between both of them gave me hostile vibes. But we shall see, we shall see. I love Mal because he's relatable, going by what Rysa's told us all about him. ALSO DARRIN, the winner of the hunger games simulator. What an innocent baby, I love him too. I love ALL of them, ahhhhhh. Great chapter too xx
a singular dream chapter 4 . 6/27/2020
Finn "I won't respond to any nicknames" is my favourite. He was definitely the most enjoyable of the suitors introduced here. Darrin was cute too though, and I like the picture idea at the end of it. It was a little hard to follow at points, which probably was due to the quick changes in characters introduced, so I wonder if adding a few more lines in between would help?
BradiLain chapter 4 . 6/26/2020
The dress was a really nice touch. An homage to our title. It makes me think of the live action Cinderella dress, with the little butterflies along the top. Beautiful. Little details like that are always a nice way to envision the scene a little bit better. I like how we were hopping around from person to person so quickly, too, it helped elevate the sort of nervous tension that Clara surely must be feeling.

And what a whirlwind it was meeting a big chunk of these boys! It's nice to have them a little more broken up instead of having every meeting go exactly the same. I like the flower question - it's a cute way to keep something consistent through a lot of the interviews to help it seem like there's no favoritism going on. Sure, some guys might've gotten a bit more of a mention but I think that's inevitable when trying to slot them all one after the other. Standouts for me would have to be our little lumberjack Everett and Memory Mal. I liked a lot of the boys though! I feel it would be insincere not to mention that I very much enjoyed seeing my little Enju, despite the fact that I can easily see other people not enjoying him from his introduction. Lmao. Time is important, time is money. That's my boy right there, like him or not. Haha.

Lowkey tho, Clara went from 'aw, they haven't even had time to unpack' to sending 12 of them home. I cackled, I won't lie to you. I find her super relatable, which is probably one of the reasons I think I'll enjoy her Selection so much. I can't wait to start to see a little bit more of her reactions to some of these guys and see if any of them have a nice chemistry. The seeds have been planted for love, and it seems like Clara already has a love for flowers so let's see what she can make grow!
Altomi chapter 4 . 6/26/2020
Woo the time is finally here to meet the boys! This chapter was full of humor which made it an absolute blast to read through. And each of the character introductions that we got managed to be memorable in their own way. I will talk about each of the boys we got to meet but before that…

The getting ready scene was fun to read! I loved seeing the interactions between Clara, her maids, and her aunt as they all prepared her for the big day. You can feel how comfortable they are around one another. "Nearly the spitting image of your sister." Seeing Clara deflate at that makes me wonder how many times Clara has been compared to Bella throughout her life and vice versa. I wish Bella was here to stand with her sister on such an important day. Also, Kal’s horrible M’llory pun has officially made her my favorite. That pun was one of the worst I’ve seen, and I love it.

I have to say seeing Clara getting excited to meet the selected was really cute, as was her admission at the end that some of them have her gooey. (which made my heart go gooey because that is just so gosh darn sweet) It is nice to have a princess that seems to be enjoying the selection, or at least the start of it. And I loved the way she was willing to pose for a selfie with some of the selected that were eliminated in the first round. From the way she handled the interviews to the first elimination, Clara seems like she is going to be good at this whole selection hoopla… though seeing as we are only on the first day who knows how things will go.

Ha ha well this chapter made it clear what that favorite flower question was for! It is mildly amazing that a group of men all a) have a favorite flower b) have such a strong reason why it is their favorite flower. (These guys know more about flowers than me. They knew the names of all these uncommon flowers… and I am just sitting here thinking I-I like blue ones) But I still loved hearing it, and their reasons behind it too! And I liked the fact that Clara seemed to get the idea for the question after seeing Wes’s tattoo.

Speaking of Wes, I found him to be sweet. I loved that he seemed to be in a little bit in awe of meeting Clara at first, and Clara’s joke to break the ice was excellent. His tattoos seem really cool and I would love to see him and Clara go on a date to an art gallery sometime. Though I wonder what kind of life he must have had to give him such calloused hands.

Then there was Finn Katzen who shall from this point out be known as Finn Prime to me because good god dude. His whole interdiction was easily the funniest scene of the chapter, even now rereading it I can’t stop laughing. Just this man and Clara’s reactions to him, I must have been dead before because they have brought me back to life. I need to see more of this brand to nonsense in the future, I want a full out battle between Finn Masters and Finn Prime for the title of the superior Finn. (not that I think anyone but Finn Prime would take it seriously but still) I want Finn Prime to become king and for him to ban the name for anyone else, there can only be one Finn and that is Finn Prime.
Ha ok but in all seriousness, I really am interested to see more of his character, he certainly has a unique personality that will probably end up causing no small amount of conflict with others. It will be interesting to see how he is around people he is more comfortable with as well, like his best friend and sister he mentioned.

Enju just barging in on Clara was hilarious. He seems like a rather serious man, but also very straightforward. I loved seeing Clara’s reaction to being complimented in what she has done as a ruler by him, it was really cute. I wonder how many times she has been genuinely complimented on what she has achieved as the crown princess since taking the position. I am curious about what happened between Enju and his brother to have him react like that. Is his brother dead? Or are they estranged? I have no idea but I can't wait to find out.

Ha and Darrin is the exact opposite on the punctuality scale from Enju actually arriving late to meet Clara. (boy this had to be the only thing on your schedule today what are you doing?) Darrin himself is really cute, I loved his rambling and how embarrassed he was to realize he had been doing it. He seems like such a sweet man I really want to see more of him. "No, I understand. Eloquence can be… hard." mood. Talking is hard.

And then there was Mal! Who had one of my favorite introductions of the selected this chapter. (yes even more than Finn Prime) Maybe it is because of his laidback personality but he and Clara seemed to have a good deal of chemistry in their conversation with everything flowing between them quite naturally. Though part of me feels as though Mal may be faking at least some of that smile of his.

Overall this seems to be a good group of guys and I can’t wait to see more of them! Thank you so much for this chapter, reading it really made me smile after a rough day!
FyreFlyFox chapter 4 . 6/25/2020
Never feel bad about a chapter taking a long time. My vow is always that I will finish at some point, even if it takes a very long time, I hope you hold to the same. :)

I love the use of favorite flowers as an ice breaker, I think it's very clever. I think my favorite part was Clara goes, "nope, I'm a a few trolls" i feel like this captured her sense of humor well.