Reviews for The Choices We Made
Bimojo chapter 75 . 4/25
That was a RIDE
Geez I thought man he aint gonna live thru this
All that cancer stuff was on point -
Onto the sequel FiNaLLy!
It took me 12 days or something to finish this amazing stiry. A binge basically... I started crying over thst letter and ended with mixed emotions—crying again but smiling now.
At the end, it comes down to this—Snape has two sons, one who had the pleasure of living his childhood with him and the other who would have the pleasure of living the rest of his life with a father. :)
Although I’m hating Draco right now for his absolutely dumb actions, I LOVEEEEEEE Narcissa’s role here. Harry, after all, never had anyone akin to a mum. And she kind of was like one here, although very subtly. I so wish there’s more of that along the way.
Oh fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
NOOOOOOOOOOO!
I just want to say that how much Snape is helping Harry through this, my own, real parents wouldn’t do that for me. It really takes genuine care and concern for a caregiver to sacrifice everything and be there for the sick person. You know, there are times that even family and parents think it’d be better if the sick member just dies, not because of sny malice but because they’re themselves sick and tired, and also want the sick person to have a relief. But by your writing, at least I can tell that you’re one of those people who would stand by those you love if they ever, God forbid, land in such circumstances. Sorry, that was not meant to offend you by any means. I just wanted to appreciate the people who genuinely “care” to care.
It pains me so much when I read the AU life. Everytime I read it, I think they’ll be eventually separated, this will eventually end, he’ll eventually die and Severus will be left eventually alone. It hurts so much to think that this fortunate Harry had to dis, a d the one who is fighting to live is unfortunately not fortunate... But then I read Severus and this Harry interacting a d the world seems to be a brighter place again.
They’ll be fine eventually.
I don’t know but I really think that Severus could have convinced “his” Harry more on the chemo decision. Being as caring and foreboding as he is, he could have definitely tried harder. Even that Harry was more close to his dad, he could have as well. relented as some point. But maybe that’s the entire point, isn’t it? That’s why Severus is here now, because he feels terrible about the lax in his attitude...
Your story seems great and all but I can’t come to wrap my head around the fact that this Harry is a different person than Snape’s son who died. I don’t know what you have planned for this but I really hope Snape keeps the two people separate in his mind. I don’t want the memories of his Harry be lost in caring for the new Harry, or he compare the two, or treat the new Harry as a rebound... I hppe he trat the two Harrys as two sons, two different sons.
Still crying. Losing a child is a terrible thing to happen to someone... You have described the grief beautifully.
I think it’s very thoughtful of you to add the warning about “the discussion of a child’s death”. Some people can really get triggered by such scenes, I for one get super triggered even by an animal’s demise scene...
I read that letter and I’m sobbing
I can’t wait to read this!
Darthedreus Bolt chapter 31 . 2/20
February 23rd happens to be my birthday. And I find it even more coincidental that I’m reading this 2 days before that exact date.
embee26 chapter 75 . 2/5
This was wonderfully written and researched. Can't wait to see what else you do.
MrsFH chapter 75 . 2/3
What a fantastic story. In general, I dislike “sick wizard” stories, especially sick Harry stories. But you pulled it off beautifully. Thanks so much for sharing your talent and hard work!
645 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »