Reviews for Eyes of a Child
Similarities fan chapter 1 . 8/25/2016
Hey, Christopher could be married to Sutton Foster at this point. It's important to remember the characters haven't been frozen in time. Years have passed, and it would be too sad if they were still making all of the same mistakes.

I think she would be portrayed as Christopher’s new wife/girlfriend and Gigi’s new stepmother. If the Gilmore Girls new female character played by Sutton Foster got pregnant with either a boy or a girl, and gave birth to him/her, then he/she would be Rory and Gigi's much younger half sibling, either much younger half brother or half sister. He went and found himself a version of Lorelai that was not in love with Luke but still quirky, talks a mile am minute etc. Someone will comment about how he definitely has a type and when she meets up with Emily there will be some sort of inside joke about how she looks familiar or reminds her of a dance teacher she once knew. It's not fair. We badly deserve to know more about Gigi and her mother, Sherry desperately too.
Rory and Gigi chapter 1 . 8/19/2016
Lorelai Gilmore (Lauren Graham): I've already said a lot about Lorelai, but here's some little details. She has a Hello Kitty waffle iron. She LOVES Sephora. She is super independent and stubborn (as you probably already guessed). She'd do anything for Rory. She is definitely NOT a morning person, but will get up for work (she is the hardest working person I have ever seen!). She's a great role model for girls of all ages, no matter what anyone else says! And, she has tons of friends: her best one being Rory, followed by Sookie, Luke, and the entire town that helper her raise her daughter.
Rory Gilmore (Alexis Bledel): Rory's two favorite things to do are hanging out with Lorelai or her other best friend Lane and reading. She has a huge collection of books, mostly classics like Anna Karenina and Great Expectations. She keeps a diary. Sometimes she seems more responsible than her mother, but really is just a teen trying to find herself. She is super smart and gets great grades. She will be going to Yale when season four starts. And, she had two boyfriends in high school, Jess and Dean.
Christopher Hayden (David Sutcliffe): Chris, Rory's dad and Lorelai's longtime friend and lover, loves music, just like his daughter and almost-wife. His favorite band is Offspring. Now, he is married to Sherry Tinsdale and has another daughter name Gigi (short for Georgia).
Love Gigi a lot chapter 1 . 8/11/2016
Man, I deserve to know about Gigi herself more than ever but I also deserve to know more about her mother, Sherry herself too.
Gigi and Alice chapter 1 . 8/11/2016
Georgia Sherry Tinsdale - Alice

Lorelei Leigh Gilmore - Alice's Sister

Perfect role match.
Love Gigi a lot chapter 1 . 7/29/2016
Man, I badly needed to know more about Georgia and her mother, Sherry Tins-dale than ever so far really desperately so why not let Georgia and Sherry Tins-dale themselves take over the role of the main characters so far anyway? Huh? Will Georgia and Sherry have a mother and daughter relationship? Will Georgia and Sherry's relationship be more like sisters than mother and daughter too just like Rory and Lorelei's relationship?
Guest chapter 1 . 7/29/2016
The font on background is difficult to read.

I agree with most of this assessment. The plot of the series revolved mostly around Rory graduating from Chilton and attending an Ivy League school, which is a fairly weak plot line that constantly needs to be supported by subplots.

The first time I watched the series, I was young and didn't think too much about the characters. Now, however, as I rewatch episodes, I absolutely DETEST Lorelai Gilmore for all the reasons you states. Her parents aren't the super evil villains Lorelai makes them out to be, and Lorelai is the worst parents in the history of the world. I hated that the writers never showed either of them (Lorelai or Rory) in a strong relationship, but always made it fail.

I could go on, but I shouldn't.

That being said, I do have a strange fondness for this show and will always watch reruns even though it annoys the everloving crap out of me.

And I loved Paris and Michel.

Also they don't live in a real place...just saying...I only know that because it came up once in a trivia game I was a part of...and I live in the state they supposedly live in...

There I are several dangerous places in the state which if it was set in those cities...would have made things a lot more interesting...
Guest chapter 1 . 7/29/2016
I feel sorry if you're forced to watch it like I did. But if you stick with it, you'll see why Rory became a butt-sour. The irony is that if the Gilmore Girls didn't have the Gilmores Girls in it, it's be a better show. Everyone else around them (minus freaking Paris) is fine.

I am now on season 4 and at the parts where Rory is at Yale.

Guest chapter 1 . 7/29/2016
Haha "The weird thing about Gilmore Girls is if you take away the Gilmore Girls the show is good. Rory and Lorelai are horrible." Couldn't agree more!

I especially agree with #5. How the f*** wasn't Alexis fired from this?! I can stand Lorelai a little because Lauren can at least act. Rory's character as well as acting were terrible. The fact that Lorelai loves Rory (in spite of being her mother) itself seems unrealistic let alone the rest of the town.

I liked seasons 1 and 2, but it went so so so downhill so fast after that. I still watched the whole show because I loved some of the other characters (Sookie, Luke, Richard, Emily and even Michel and Kirk), but I ironically fast forwarded through all the parts that had Lorelai and especially Rory in them. Entitled f***ing b****es.

THANK YOU FOR THIS.
I fucking can't stand this show.

Yeah, I was doing my end of season look for a new show to watch , and I made an attempt to watch episode 1 and I was out in 10 minutes, the girls seemed to be witty but they were talking so fast, I could barely register what they were saying and than when I did, I didn't even really care. After reading this review I know I won't be making a 2nd attempt to watch that show like ever.

Shit is sick as fuck. You are a bitch for deep throating 2 full seasons round meal time. Slut. Bring out the slop for the fuckin pigs mom! And your mad cuz Rory didnt give up the puss. You know that woulda been purf. And i hope your site gets flagged down permanently to the third hell, via stars hallow

I fucking hate Lorelai.
She indeed is very selfish and self entitled.
I'm at the part where she runs off just days before her wedding with Max...
It really annoyed me how she just leaves him like that without talking to him and then having other people spread the news for her.
I can understand that she was scared and didn't know what to do but even when she came back, she didn't bother getting in contact with him and letting him know what's going on.
It all just felt so selfish to me and i just sat there really kinda hating Lorelai for being so flakey and selfish.
She doesn't have to marry the guy but she does owe him an explanation.
On top of that, all the hard work and prep the townspeople did for her stupid wedding just kind of went to waste. Like, I felt pretty bad for Sookie when that cake she worked on went to waste. I feel bad for Sookie in general because Lorelai never actually listens to her problems and if Sookie is happy when Lorelai isn't, she expects her to be unhappy with her.

Lane? Lane is a good character. However, I feel like the show just kind of mocks and stereotypes the Korean culture. And she appears to have some internalized racism going on as she kind of always badmouths her own culture and acts like it's this horrible prison for her OH SO AMERICAN soul.

I think i only watch for Rory. But i hear that she becomes unlikable down the road so idk how much longer i'm going to watch this show.
Love Gigi a lot chapter 1 . 7/29/2016
Rory and Lorelei's relationships more like sisters than mother and daughter
Lorelai is a brat. I’m sorry. I mean, a lot of times I think she’s funny, but I also feel like she’s stuck in a very childish mindset. Everything has to go her way, or the highway. She treated her parents like crap. I’m sorry. Her parents were raised a certain way and obviously they projected that was onto their child. It’s not really their fault. Sure, they were a bit overbearing sometimes, but … hello. They’re parents. Lorelai makes WAY too big of a deal of her “crappy” childhood. Like, the episode where Emily is freaking out and she calls Lorelai and she says, “It’s a complete disaster!” And Lorelai says, “My existence?” Like … was that really necessary? She acts like her parents purposely set out to make her miserable and she’’s always trying to make it about that. She never agrees with her parents ways. I was so happy that episode when Richard called Lorelai and flipped out about her cancelling the date with Emily’s friends’ son. It was something important to Emily, and, even though Richard didn’t understand, he wanted Emily to be happy. Lorelai should have been a little more understanding, I don’t know. She’s just a self-centered brat. They was she treated all of her boyfriends, and everyone, really, like she could just bat her eyelashes and she’d get whatever she wanted … she’s almost as manipulative as Emily, if you think about it … I’m sorry, but I DO NOT GET what this big deal about Rory was. Every guy seemed to fall right at her feet and she had absolutely no redeeming qualities. She rarely had any emotion on her face, she wasn’t funny, she didn’t DO anything. How the HELL did Dean fall for her when all she was doing was READING a book?! Unless she was reading while she was half naked, I don’t want to hear it. She’s so monotone, too. I just … I don’t understand. Plus she was SUCH A BRAT. When she slept with Dean and was like, “He was my boyfriend, first!” Yeah. He was your boyfriend. You snuck around behind his back with you secret friendship with Jess. You kissed Jess at Sookie’s wedding. You picked Jess over him, you got him to cheat on his wife, you bad-mouthed his wife. Grow the fuck UP, Rory. You aren’t in high school, Jesus. The way she treated her mom during the fight? Ridiculous. I just … I can’t stand her.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/29/2016

THANK YOU, thank you so much! I agree with everything you said about this show! I had to watch this show on meal time as well and I will never understand how anyone could watch this (it's witchcraft!). This show would really be better off without these two obnoxious main characters - they are smug, not funny and predictable as hell. They annoy me so much that I get panic/rage attacks, whenever I hear the title music, which is sad, because some of the other characters are quite alright. And I thought for a moment, that I was the only one, who hated this show! It was really a pleasure to read your article 3

I am now on season 4 and at the parts where Rory is at Yale.
Rory is getting on my nerves. Rory has this big special snowflake syndrome thing going on which leads her to believe she is entitled to whatever she sets her eyes on. It's rather annoying. Like the scene where she whines on and on because some guy took her spot by the tree on campus. Like really, you bitch? And then how she treated Dean was also sad, imo. She pretty much mentally cheated on him by having all these romantic feelings for Jess and then even goes on to kiss Jess while still with Dean. That really made me dislike her and because of that, I didn't care too much about Jess. Jess is the hottest guy out of all 3 and the most interesting but i'm glad that his relationship with Rory was short lived. And the night she went to apologize to Dean? It seemed for herself, rather than him. To make her feel better regarding all the guilt and shame she's feeling. Even Dean said that she just can't deal with the fact that people actually might not like her. She basically pushes Dean away herself but then acts like a hurt little bambi when he moves on. I'm not at the part yet where she and Dean have an affair but i'm sure that's going to piss me the hell off too. Who knows, maybe enough of my buttons will be pushed for me to be done with this show -.- And Lorelai does the same thing with Max. She pushes him away and then wants him again when he's back in town but he's clearly saying "no, back off. I dont want to be hurt by you again" but she keeps trying to hop on his dick. And where did that storyline even go? Nowhere. Like all the romances on this show. I also hate the way they treat Emily. Emily is actually not that bad and I feel like Lorelai is just a brat regarding it all. She makes her parents out to be these overbearing and stubborn people but they're actually kinda laid back and cool. Yeah, Emily has her moments but she comes around and she's not always wrong. All the poor lady wants is to spend time with her daughter and granddaughter and they act like it's sooo difficult for them to spare an hour or 2 of their week for her. Even in the flashbacks, her parents don't seem that bad. I found it disrespectful and petty of Lorelai to start a fight over paying them back for the money they invested on Rory's education. Way to make your parents feel like outsiders -.- especially when they insisted that they don't care. And then Rory calling Emily "stupid" was also a shitty thing to do. To me, It just seems like Lorelai is a brat who can't deal with being told "no" and therefore, demonizes her parents because they don't cater to her ego. Emily can indeed be a pain.. but she doesn't deserve being made out as an apparently "abusive" mom(Lorelai's words) all the time. Paris was alright the first few seasons but wow, she's gotten so much more annoying and obnoxious this season. I dread her parts because she's constantly yelling and is all tense. It's her character but i hate it. Gives me a headache!
Speaking of obnoxious characters... LUKE. I want to like Luke but he's so loud and obnoxious as well. Always yelling and always grumpy. The only character on this show that i genuinely like is probably Lane Kim. She's sweet, hard working, and treats those around her well. I know people dislike her mother but i actually like her. She's strict but she managed to raise a well mannered daughter. She managed to not raise a Rory and that is applause worthy, imo. She's the best parent on the show, If you ask me. Plus, she comes around and eventually gives Lane more freedom. And have i mentioned what notorious bitches both Rory and Lorelai are? I find their constant criticism and making mean comments about others very bothersome. Especially when they try to justify it as a "sense of humour" or "witty". Like the part where they judge that ballet performance and make such unnecessary comments about the performer. Rory then writes a harsh paper about it and is all surprised when the girl comes and confronts Rory about it. And then what's with the constant slut shaming? Especially when they both have major slut tendencies themselves? Very annoying. I originally got into this show because the characters were quirky, the town and feel were charming, and Rory was this down to earth girl who liked to read and all. I like watching shit like that. And that's probably the main reason i'm still watching this show. But idk for how much longer.
More Than Only Just Ten Reasons Why Gilmore Girls Sucks
(Other than it being Gilmore Girls)

The Main Theme is The Worst Thing Ever
-The song "Where You Lead" by Carole King and Louise Goffin is a folky pop song that has no business being the theme song to a TV show. There is nothing catchy about it, and it feels out of place, like it needs to be a commercial jingle. Anyway, it's a shitty song, and I won't even link you to it to spare your ears.

Rory Gilmore's Best Friend
-The show would tell you that Rory's best friend is Lane Kim. You'd be wrong. While they say she is over and over, she is in fact just a stand-in for Paris Geller, the actual best friend. The reason being, Rory is never in town. The friendship with Lane usually is applied through conversations and happens off screen. Meanwhile Lane, being a nonfriend, has her OWN story lines without Rory that has nothing to do with what either Lorelai or Rory is doing. I don't mind these, as it takes away from the fucking Gilmores, but it's just odd arrangement. Going through the trouble to set up a "best friend" and NEVER USING HER. Another issue bugs me, but is minor… is Hollywood casting asian actors to play any asian part, regardless of actual race. Keiko Agena is Japanese-American playing Korean-American. It's not a big deal, as of course she does pull it off (even speaking Korean in many episodes) but its just a pet peeve of mine. Hollywood does this with Latin actors too, it's annoying.

The Show is About Nothing
-Seinfeld may have had a whole running joke about the show being about nothing, but at least in their show it was planned out that way and was funny. Here it's just boring life, with no entertainment value on it. Gilmore Girls thinks that referencing pop-culture is a joke. It's not. The few genuine funny moments comes from the wasted talents of Melissa McCarthy as Sookie St. James and Yanic Truesdale as Michel Gerard, mainly because they are going all they can with their shit scripts and turning it into something chuckle worthy. (On a side note: I am so glad Melissa McCarthy landed Mike and Molly and career wasn't ruined by this garbage. She seriously was the best thing about this show.) But that's not even the sad part.

The Show Exist in Another Reality
-While the show is literally about nothing, it takes places in this alternate reality where somehow the whole town of Stars Hollow revolves around the going ons of Lorelai and Rory Gilmore. So much so that everyone knows what's going on in their lives and will either a.) go way out of their way to help them or b.) go way out of their way to hinder them. Not just a few characters, literally the whole town. You have quirky characters you can buy like Taylor Doose and Babette Dell… then you have ones that are completely a cartoon like Michel and Kirk Gleason. Yes, I mention before that I find Michel funny, but he doesn't fit into the show… at all. And while all this all would seemed to be interesting or about something… nope. Gilmore Girls fucks this up too, so it's seriously it's an unbelievable show about nothing.

The Dialogue
-Many people say the one good thing about this Gilmore Girls is the fast-paced clever dialogue. I call a big 'fuck you' on that. No one talks like that. These segments when Lorelai and Rory go into chipmunk mode sound like a writer wrote them, not like it's free flowing natural dialogue. Not only are they popping complicated word play, pop-culture references, and alliteration on the drop of a dime, but they fall into a rhythm of automatically knowing what the other character is going to say so they can reply their come-back. It's not witty, it's not clever, it's contrived. The reason it gets praise is because the two actresses (and sometimes Melissa McCarthy gets involved with this as well) are so good at keeping up the pace of the rapid fire conversation. It's almost like rapping with a partner. But in the end, most of the time they are gabbing about nothing (big surprise there) or if they are having a conversation about the plot that's just explained again afterwards.

Alexis Biedel Can't Act
-You know it's hard to get into a main character when they have the personality of a paper towel. Rory's whole premise is that she's supposed to be the responsible one, while her mother, Lorelai, the childish one. The idea is that they are supposed to play off each other in an opposite way a normal mother/daughter would. Which would be interesting if Alexis could give a fuck what she's doing. She reads all her lines in deadpan, and when she does have an "emotional moment" it looks likes she's trying to act that emotion, not that she feels it. It also hurts that for the shows premise, Lorelai and Rory's relationship is spent almost entirely on the phone. The rare times they are together it's spent explaining what happened to them in their separate lives. Not only that but when Rory away from her mother, she is almost always carried by the actors around her. Mainly her problems are someone else's problems (such as Lorelai's or Paris') and she is only there to offer advise. When she has a boyfriend, then you get to see Alexis really show her acting chops… in that she couldn't be interested in them at all, and whenever they hug or kiss her, she almost always is pulling away or pushing away. Not because the character doesn't like it, but because it's painfully obvious the actress hates doing those kinds of scenes. So, you have a whole show that's 50% based on this character, and the actress is just reading her lines as blandly as possible.

Paris Geller
-Generally I hate characters who's sole function is to be a stressed out worrywart. Lt. Barclay from Star Trek: The Next Generation/Voyager and Jerry "Hands" Espenson from Boston Legal are good examples. So guess what type of character Paris is. Paris follows those stressed out character cliches to the letter, and what's worse is that since Rory is almost always at school, Paris is the REAL best friend. So she's literally there from season one all the way to season seven. Oh yes, she follows Rory to fucking YALE and dorms with her... which they didn't plan. I talked about alternative realities before... For fuck sake, this show is bullshit!

Half the Show is Done Over The Phone
-It talked briefly about this before. Entire scenes of this tv show are literally carried out by people talking on the phone. Cut to Lorelai with her cell walking around town, then cut to her Mother in her living room. Back and forth back and forth. Usually it's to set up another scene… only the problem is that once the call is over, they almost ALWAYS turn around and have the same conversation with someone else who's there, like Lorelai hangs up and explains the conversation to Luke Dane. IT'S BORING! Writing 101, don't repeat the same shit you JUST said. Sometimes this gets even worse. Lets use The Lorelai/Mom conversation as an example. After Lorelai talks to Luke, later on in the show, she'll run into Rory (for her cameo in Stars Hallow). Guess what happens, the WHOLE conversation gets repeated…. AGAIN! Fuck this show.

The Main Characters: Lorelai and Rory Gilmore
-The sad fact about this show, the show wouldn't be so bad… if it was just about the small town of Stars Hollow and it's quirky characters. But then you have to put up with the bullshit of these two unlikable characters. Rory is a cardboard box with the personality of a turnip, and Lorelai is a whiny, childish, selfish piece of dogshit. Since they are the main characters, every story revolves around them. As mentioned before, Rory's life is uninteresting because Alexis can't act, so her stories are all about the boy she's seeing and Paris. Meanwhile Lorelai stories involve her constantly complaining to everyone in town about her work problems, or man problem, and she's all the time asking the towns people (Mostly Luke) for flavors she never pays back. Spoiler Alert, it usually works. Oh and here's the show's shocking main theme: If Lorelai is happy, Rory is miserable. If Rory is happy, then Lorelai's life is horrible. Predictible shit. Once the luck changes for one, on the same show or the next the luck will change for the other. These two don't exist in the same universe. Which is a fitting metaphor as they never share any screen time together. Lorelai is in town or at work. Rory is at school. When they are together, it's brainless chatter about STUFF WE ALREADY SAW! Most of their troubles come from man-problems, though both of them can't seem to keep one for longer than a half a season.

I Had to Watch this Shit
-Technically I guess I could have gotten up and left anytime. But Gilmore Girls was always arranged to come on at meal time, and my family eats at TV Trays. So if I wanted to eat, I had to watch that fucking shit. Not the whole series once… but twice. I swear to God in heaven I'll never understand my families universal approval to this pile of shit. The writing is shit! They have plotholes every episode. The main characters are unlikable. And I can't stand Lauren Graham's face. Fuck her, selfish bitch. Eventually I just decided it was time to start eating my meals at my computer desk, which I didn't want to do originally. My Gilmore-free life has been a pleasure, as guess what... they still watch all the repeats. Seriously, they DVR that shit and watch them again. WHY?

Rory and Lorelei's Relationship More Like Sisters Than Mother And Daughter
Lorelei is a brat. I’m sorry. I mean, a lot of times I think she’s funny, but I also feel like she’s stuck in a very childish mindset. Everything has to go her way, or the highway. She treated her parents like crap. I’m sorry. Her parents were raised a certain way and obviously they projected that was onto their child. It’s not really their fault. Sure, they were a bit overbearing sometimes, but … hello. They’re parents. Lorelai makes WAY too big of a deal of her “crappy” childhood. Like, the episode where

Similarities fan chapter 1 . 6/5/2016
Lorelai Leigh Gilmore Hayden is the only child of Lorelai Gilmore and the first-born daughter of Christopher Hayden, born on October 8, 1984 at 4:03 a.m. in Boston, Memorial Hospital in Hartford, Connecticut. She's also Gigi's much big older paternal half sister. She's nineteen years older than Gigi.

Georgia Sherry Tins-dale Hayden is the only child of Sherry Tins-dale and the second-born daughter of Christopher Hayden, born on January 31, 2003 at 1:17 a.m in Boston, Memorial Hopsital in Hartford, Connecticut. Weighing 6 pounds and 20 ounces. She's also Rory's much little younger paternal half sister. She's nineteen years younger than Rory. Man, I deserve more known revelation about her mother, Sherry Tins-dale too. I especially know about Mr. and Mrs. Tins-dale as well also too.

Rory and Gigi are two half sisters with the same father but their own two different mothers who were born nineteen years far apart so Rory is much older than Gigi the way Gigi is much younger than Rory. I deserve to know about Sherry and Gigi's mother and daughter relationship too. I deserve to know the dissimilarities between Sherry and Gigi and I especially deserve to know the similarities between Sherry and Gigi too. Sherry and Gigi deserve to be in Gilmore Girls revival too. I need more knowledge about Sherry and Gigi Tins-dale really badly. I really need more knowledge about the whole entire Tin-sdale family too. We need more knowledge about Jess Mariano's little younger half sister, Doula too.
Similarities fan chapter 1 . 12/21/2015
Man, it would've been better if neither Richard nor Alicia were killed off in Same As It Never Was/Hello, Sister, Goodbye, Life back then before in the first place so Richard and Alicia deserve to be kept alive to watch their daughter, Celia grow up in her future all because Celia never ever even deserved to be doubled total orphaned, Olivia never ever even deserved to be paternal orphaned either and neither do any nor any other children in the whole entire universe/world.
Similarities fan chapter 1 . 10/24/2015
Why you had to kill Richard and Alicia off in Same As It Never Was, Claire Scovell Lazebnik? Huh? I never ever even understand why you just had to kill Richard and Alicia off.