Reviews for Place of Our Legacy
Rest in pieces. I hope someone adopts this.
MattBlack chapter 14 . 1/11
So Lis and Kenny never even got to say goodbye? I was actually hoping she'd go with him...
MattBlack chapter 9 . 1/10
I agree with John, they're operatng from Atlantis and not SGC, so it should be SG1 that got named AR2...
Is this another dead fic?
I love creative fanfiction chapter 14 . 12/20/2023
really miss the updates
Guest chapter 16 . 12/10/2023
You still around Skipper?
I love creative fanfiction chapter 15 . 11/29/2023
please update
I love creative fanfiction chapter 11 . 11/16/2023
can't wait for an update
Guest chapter 1 . 11/9/2023
They have the Asgard beaming tech so mining is simple to just beam out the material they want
Skaeger chapter 11 . 11/5/2023
I haven't finished the chapter, this review is for the first part of it. I think the biggest issue with the story so far is a lack of a sense of time. Developing a plasma rifle with only the materials earth had access to in only two months is a bit much. The reason I specify that earth had access to all these things is that the implication here is that area 51 or the tokra could have produced these at any time, but apparently did not.

Mass producing said rifles with an expected timeline of two months with no industrial base or experience producing weapons is just absurd.

There is also a question of how they managed to create a mining operation from nothing with no equipment or experience in that same time frame, and produce enough material to make a significant difference to a mining colony of hundreds of thousands.

So far nothing that has happened has been explicitly time sensitive, there is no reason they couldn't have shown up a few years earlier to have time to accomplish what you are trying to make them do essentially overnight.

I am a bit pessimistic about the course of this fiction if they can just pull things like this out of their ass. Yes time crunches are a part of Stargate scifi, but things like mining operations, weapons research, and production (naquadah/naquadria mining, x302/x304 development and production, various experiments from area 51) were all things that spanned multiple seasons even with the full might of earth finding and supplying their development.

The capacity to repair the damaged 304 without a supply line or industrial base at the start of this is a whole nother issue.
Guest chapter 13 . 10/31/2023
I love the story. Please take your time, but please finish the story. Take as long as you want.
Guest chapter 16 . 10/27/2023
Love the story glad for the update. Can’t wait to see what happens next. And how they deal with the council
Guest chapter 15 . 10/3/2023
There's a couple of things that are wrong in this chapter as far as the plot of the original game is concerned, but only one is a huge mistake.

The weapons and tech of the Geth would not be something the men of the Port Authority would be able to police, it would be a major plot hole if you'd leave that in. That's how Tali gets in, she manages to be quick enough to stop the process that basically liquefies any given Geth platform and technology and obtains that patch of data with Saren's chit chat with Benezia. You might be mistaken to think that that's not true, but it is and it's a plothole ME2 and ME3 suffer from because of EA's poor choices, taking away the second and later the third and fourth games from the people that originally worked on them, but in the OG and true plot refference for ME lore and mechanics, that's how it has to work, because otherwise Tali's purpose is gone.

I genuinely recommend you go through ME1 again, and outside of specific plot points you care about or specifix parts tied to the sequels that are too large to ignore, basically disregard all mechanic plot points from the sequels. The teams that made the second and third games are not same that made the first, heck they aren't even the same between themselves.

Also, one last thing, please, please, use proper ship sizes. Neither ME nor Stargate have properly listed sizes for their ships. In the cae of Stargate, it's because of poor management from MGM, who gave some random people the creative control over the magazine that came with the DVD collection. Those unprofessional idiots didn't bother to talk with the show runners, let alone the CG shop that made the 3d models, and randomly spat out some stupid numbers that don't make any sense. For example the wiki F309 doesn't fit inside the wiki Prometheus. And for the Daedalus class, the F309 might as well be another ship docking with it because it doesn't fit either, certainly not a whole squadron.

There's hope tho, an amazing dude got his mitts on the og 3d models and released proper sizes. Just look Daedalus actual size and there's info in the Stargate subreddit, deviantart and a few forum posts. Fully sized listings for several of the craft in the series and more details.

As for ME, we don't have those sizes, but there's a few posts online that extrapolate the ship sizes based on interior. It's not as bad as the fourth game, where whenever the Tempest is landed and you take the rover and park it on the ramp and do a doble take on how small the ship is compared to the space of the interior model... but neither Normandy 1 nor 2 are size accurate when you see them parked.

Cheers, Cat.
I love creative fanfiction chapter 16 . 9/30/2023
can't wait for chapter 17 . can't imagine the look of the council face when they see Atlantis in the future chapters hahah
Guest chapter 15 . 9/26/2023
This is for the last reviewer before me.
It's Naquadah, not naquedah, it's not a Bronx name.
Second they have matter synthesizers, once power requirements are met, they can just convert any matter with similar chemical properties to Naquadah. Like making hot sauce from vinyl gloves.
They don't need to show anyone a wormhole to prove it works. Math is a language.
575 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »