Reviews for Arrow
Smokestarrules chapter 2 . 5/1/2020
Aww, Lyme! She was one of my favorites in The Victor's Project, and it was good to see her again! Your writing is still fantastic! (If not even better!)
Dani H. Danvers chapter 1 . 5/1/2020
District one is my favorite, so i have loved this story. I like reading again about your viktors.
NotAnIslander chapter 1 . 5/1/2020
I am so excited to read this new work! I love how you've set it up and cannot wait to see where you take us!
braders101 chapter 1 . 5/1/2020
This is truly fantastic.
I can’t wait to read all the next upcoming districts.
Kiliflower chapter 1 . 5/1/2020
OISIN! Dia duit, my friend. You've been sorely missed. I hope that you're as excited about the upcoming Hunger Games book as I am.

Right, in my dorky stan mode, I can't give a generalised review and will have to break this down!

- Firstly, I love learning more about Luxe. His family owns a winery, and your analogy of the crushed grape to the popping of the district's rebel forces is just delicious.
- Their preparation for this singular moment is incredible. I like that they are using the former DAEYD students, trained in combat and leadership, to propel the initial wave of sedition forth. It's organised and packed with hatred and resentment of a district whose struggles are oft overlooked and, as we see, that spills over and everything that had been planned is thwarted by raw human emotion and vengeance.
- Song's story, we knew, but the reminder still gets me. I feel for Gleam, who was a victim of circumstance. i genuinely think he thought he was doing - maybe not the right thing - but the only thing he could do. He'd be under the system for far too long, and didn't have Plat's/Luxe's courage. Even in his TVP chapter, he was very impressionable and unsteady on his feet.
- Luster. He is, in some ways, worse than Snow. Conniving, self-serving and utterly without remorse. It doesn't surprise me a bit that he managed to coerce somebody into being his scapegoat. I also loved the throwback to the Bridge of Lovers, as see in Luxe's TVP chapter.

I am, of course, intensely excited about the coming chapters. Namely 3, 5, 6 and (of course) 9. You are a staple part of the Hunger Games fanfiction community, and it's good to have you back.

-Kiliflower
Anikuni chapter 1 . 5/1/2020
I was reading the Victors Project again when I saw this. This topic is super interesting and I love how you write.
AquaEclipse chapter 1 . 4/30/2020
This is horrifying but beautiful at the same time. Keep it up.
BamItsTyler chapter 1 . 4/30/2020
Hey Oisin!

I hope you're doing well. Like everyone else... I can still double and triple and zillion read over your stuff and find intrigue within! It's inspiring and serves as a conduit for ideas. I look forward to future chapters.
AaronIris34 chapter 1 . 4/30/2020
Hey man,

I’m really glad to see this update. I did a double take when I saw the name. The world you’ve created (or built on I suppose) has been a lot of fun to explore, and I’m glad that you’re not finished yet. The chapter was really cool. We got a little bit of the story from Song’s chapter but I’m finally glad to see it get fleshed out. I thought it was fitting that the well rehearsed plan of the rebels, was destroyed by their own rage quickly. Technically, they got the job done, but it involved a lot of unnecessary killing. Song dying still hurts me. I can’t really say the same about the Peacekeepers though.

Again, great chapter. I’m looking forward to seeing how you explore some of the other districts (particularly 10).
thetruebadrobo chapter 1 . 4/30/2020
GOSH you don't know how excited I am to be seeing a new story from you come out. I've been re-reading all of your stories over the years because your writing is absolutely amazing. Thank you for blessing all of your readers with this!
Cyndi chapter 1 . 4/30/2020
OMG! Thank you for the story. I am so excited! What happened in the other districts when Katniss shot the arrow? I am re-(re-(re-))-reading The Victors Project immediately. Love your work!
Red Sting chapter 1 . 4/30/2020
Wow. Can not say I saw this coming. I guess 4 years turned out to be enough of a recharge for you after all...so here we are. 'Arrow'. I'm liking this so far. I can't wait to see what the Rebellion's inner mechanisms were like in some of my favourite Districts like 3, 4 and 10. Poor Gleam, though. He wasn't really one of the more malicious Careers, if I'm remembering right...and he's so old now. Or was.

You've always had a gift for balancing the wider world and the individual stories that make it up in the Hunger Games, and it's great to see more of it. Until next time! [Where I guess Lyme the unsurnamed is going to play a big role?].
Guest chapter 1 . 4/30/2020
So exciting to see you post again. This is such an interesting companion piece to TVP, it's so interesting to see how the rebellion that was brewing throughout the story erupted in one (and hopefully soon each district!)
Cruiser1 chapter 1 . 4/30/2020
It's great to see you writing Hunger Games fanfic again! :-) This looks like a promising new series, and it's cool that it further explores events that happens in your other stories (e.g. The Victor's Project).
TheAmazingJAJ chapter 1 . 4/30/2020
OISIN YOU'RE BACK I'M SO EXCITED AHHHH

Excellent writing, as always! It's absolutely fascinating to see how the districts reacted to the rebellion - and to see what happened to our victors. It's chilling to see how Luster just gets away in the heat of the moment - I'm excited for more, and hopeful to see if any of the victors who should have died might (?) have gotten away and into peaceful anonymity after the rebellion... ? Let's hope to that!
180 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12