Reviews for Brockton's Celestial Forge
Derich chapter 20 . 6/26/2020
(my first review from yesterday got lost, so here is it again)

First, thank you for the double chapters. The quality of the writing is still top-notch, and I particularly like the amount of detail you pour in the science (making it plausible, while exploring the different power combinations).

Reactions in (dis)order:
- I loved the scene with the clone. It seems like you took a similar direction than the Naruto!clones (snarky clones aware of their limited life span and with no existential angst), and it is indeed a way of introducing some iconic trolling scenes later on.

- Calibrating his IA progress on his power acquisition (something unpredictable) seems a *very* good move, looking at the potential impact they might have.

- I cannot see how any interaction between the protagonist and Parian can go well, especially with Garment in the equation. If, in addition, Garment has 1-world insulted Parian creation on PHO, prior to her ban, sparks (and lots of fabrics) will probably fly in an epic battle.

- Kudos on your psychologist character. And condolences to him, when he will have to start dealing with the amount of weird stuffs the Forge causes (in particular, I am waiting for the explanation of the Jar, but that is by far not the most pressing psychological issue that your hero has... and I am not even counting the amount of metaphysical revelation on the world that might need to be discussed). So, my current guess is either the guy will break in madness, or he will end up revolutionizing his field.

- The recruitment thing was foreshadowed by Lisa in the previous chapters, but it is interesting to see it in action, and how it might cause different factions inside the Wards. This direction is interesting and I don't recall reading something like that lately.

- Armsmaster did not get the memo about how most of the Forge power does not make any "human physical" sense (*drop a penny in the Jar*). Lisa got the memo 2 days ago, Brian 2 chapters ago. Not that it helped... :D

Anyway, we will see in the next chapters how good are his preparations. I am quite sure he will get (at the very least) the most confusing PHO thread assignment ever, due to the disparity of his power sets.
Malason13 chapter 21 . 6/25/2020
I wonder what peoples reaction will be to our mc new costume.
Kurusan chapter 21 . 6/25/2020
I just wanted to say, having binged most of this in about a day, that you do phenomenally well at replicating the 'spiral into misery' sensation that Worm produces, while still managing to avoid making things seem quite so hopeless as the canon. I enjoy the main character, and his obvious foibles and drive. You manage to make the obvious connections to important characters - Parian, Anne Rose - seem mostly uncontrived though you came on a bit strong with the emotional attachment to his advisor.

Keep up the good work, there is nothing so infuriating as running out of chapters for something well written.
shadowseaman chapter 21 . 6/25/2020
This was a lot better then I was expecting it to be. Not to say I did not expect it to be a good story but it outstripped good into excellent. I would say a lot of the info dumps took a small bit from the story but not enough to be a true problem. Though that is probably just a opinion and many enjoyed it. Thanks for the excellent work and hope it continues.
Orion's Trident chapter 21 . 6/25/2020
I understand that the core root of the character is his anxiety or lack of bravery, but the fic is starting to feel like Slice of Life (engineer edition) rather than Worm, progression is something I usually don’t complain about cause it builds character but the interaction with Garment only (and now the clones) hasn’t really how the character has grown since acquiring his powers. I guess I’m expecting too much change, his core personality seems to really limit what growth he can go through
Human8130 chapter 21 . 6/25/2020
If that's how Vista feels about Apeiron then she must really want to murder Khepri.
Weissmann chapter 20 . 6/25/2020
I think there is something wrong with the reviews because I can't see anything. Before the double post, it was at 196 now the reviews are at 207, but for some reason I can't see them. I'm just using this review as a test.
Atlanrom chapter 20 . 6/25/2020
Fantastic work
pastor chapter 21 . 6/25/2020
great book
Derich chapter 21 . 6/25/2020
Yay! Two chapters for the price of one! Again, thanks for writing and sharing them!

Some reactions in (dis-)order:
- Fashion is the most important thing of your universe. The proof? All the sentient beings created through the Celestian Forge apparently care a lot about it... What does that means? ... I am not sure, but probably something :D
- At that point, I cannot see how any future direct interaction with Parian could go well. It will definitively be entertaining (especially if Garment is nearby). If (by chance) Garment has also 1-word insulted Parian's creations on the PRT forum, spar... hum I mean... fabrics will fly. Lots of them.
- Kudo to your psychologist character. Condolences to him when he will start dealing with all the madness the Celestian Forge implicitly causes (between THE jar, Garment, general tinker bulls*** upped to 11, there is a lot to unstack there :D )
- Apparently, Armsmaster did not get the memo that Mammon creations do not make any logical sense, in term of conventional physics. Lisa did get the memo 2 days ago and Brian 2 chapters ago... Not that it helped.
- Panacea vacation time is probably a good thing for her stress levels... except that she is confined to a building currently under assault by a crazy ninja-bomberman and that she will get probably even more work afterward.
- The "underlying recruitment efforts" add an interesting level of intrigue inside the Wards and the PRT. First time I read this kind of things around.
- Time is up. So the next few chapters will probably be testing all that in the field, while probably creating the most confusing PRT threat assessment ever made :D

Oh, and thank you for making me discover the Jumpchains.
InCK chapter 21 . 6/25/2020
Armsmasters reaction when Apeiron makes his debut as a tinker with his obviously tinker-tech bike/armor is gonna be hilarious! :D
WRoosterdf chapter 21 . 6/25/2020
If you know Armsmaster you can practically see and feel the smug arrogance dripping of the 'page'.

First he fibs on how he knew Khepri isn't a tinker without mentioning he knew her beforehand. Then he's completely insecure that there might be a tinker better than him and is smug and relieved when it turns out the pieces teleported out thus making it seem like they vanished.

Armsmaster. What a dick.
Alcov chapter 21 . 6/25/2020
Man I really hope he makes his name Hephaestus
thefoolishman chapter 21 . 6/25/2020
Well shit hit the fan.

Beardmaster is being beardmaster.

Thanks for the chapter
thefoolishman chapter 20 . 6/25/2020
I have the feeling... that the doctor will for his benefit sell him out.

Boy do i feel sorry for the guy. I have an idea how bad mental disorders can be. He isn't quite one of the worst, but it is one that needs attention nonetheless.

Anyways. That was quite what i was looking for, especially the duplication thing. That was awesome. Thanks for the chapter man.
5,556 | « Prev Page 1 .. 347 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 367 .. Last Next »