Reviews for To Make a Widower
Mighty Queen of Drama chapter 1 . 8/11/2011
Wow! I really admire your gift for comedy (I do think it's funny). really, I have nothing negative to say about it
The Dragon Mage chapter 1 . 4/12/2009
absolutely freakin marvelous! i can't stop laughing... fangirls are indeed terrifying... hehehe!
tonraq chapter 1 . 1/25/2005
Brava! Encore!
Tziporah chapter 1 . 12/4/2004
Yay that was the best ever

Best line:

Morgoth was cheering the fangirls on from beyond the Walls of the World, munching on ethereal popcorn

other best line:

“Legolas! Leggy-kins!” Arei screamed with the extra exclamation marks reserved for the seriously mentally disturbed. The Elf winced.

I must be seriously mentally disturbed (i dont doubt it) because i always use way too many exclamation points! Yay!

Anyway, thank you for someone who has read the books including the sil, now i know that all the people who have read the books are not dead or my mom (and my mom doesnt even remember them)
Tindomiel chapter 1 . 10/31/2003
bravo! Hilarious!
UnDeadGoat chapter 1 . 10/13/2003
"F-ë -a-n-o-r" lol. how do you pronounce umlauts? "Her skimpy gown clashing neatly with her hair" EVEN BETTER! The first fics I read were Mary-Sues, but pretty well-written, so I didn't mind them. I actually thought they were original...but then I discovered, at ff.n, that they were WAY cliche. so now, i'm thinking about writing a mary-sue parody instead of a mary-sue. though i may have self-insertion for added effect.
dauntless-hurin chapter 1 . 8/6/2003
Joy! There are not enough Celebrian fics out there.

Ohh, Elrond's going to have a long night, isn't he?;)

“’Tis naught. Once I mislaid my betrothal ring and Amarië threatened to make me eat it.”

*falls off her chair laughing*
LordVaughan chapter 1 . 7/13/2003
Funny! I think you could have trimmed the dialogue a bit, but on the whole a great job!
alena chapter 1 . 5/25/2003
Celebrían rules!

How do you keep on coming up with stuff like this? Once again, there are too many wonderfully hilarious things, *everywhere* in this fic, that I don't know where to begin...

"But fate was against our gallant heroine, as Vairë was rather … ah, let us say busy, as we would rather not know what the Doomsman of the Valar looks like with no clothes on."

Well, actually...Ahem. Never mind.

The fangirls are incredibly horrible. I do hope that Finarfin feeds them to something really nasty. The "Mary Sewer" sounds quite interesting...

And there is even Finrod and Amarië! *adores them*

(sorry for the stream-of-consciousness review)
Sunsong chapter 1 . 5/25/2003
This was a hilarious read! Celebrian was very well drawn.
a certain elf chapter 1 . 5/25/2003
"Mirkwoods' wonder-child". Hehehe. Brilliant.
Lalwen chapter 1 . 5/25/2003
You are the absolute Queen of this sort of fic! Truly fabulous, damned hilarious and it was wonderful to see Finrod in a fic too!

All hail! ;)
Pika chapter 1 . 5/25/2003
Oh, fun fun fun. CleVER. Loads of hilarious and pert descriptions, neat and fast-narration and a brilliant mix of Silm&LOTR Canon and Suedom. Characterizations were verra good-loved Elrond. ("scary eyebrows guy"!) And for such funny writing (Maedhros beaming himself to get away from his father's cackling-pricless! LOL), it's also pretty dramatic... gah, I hate it that the fangirls succeeded to wound Celebrian! (Their twisted logic was so pat, though!)

Your mastery of Tolkien canon, 'Sue cliches and comic writing are quite excellent. Congrats and thanks!

Pika
Kira chapter 1 . 5/25/2003
Hi!

I love you! Celebrian has to live! :)

And I think Manwe has right to have a good night, as well as Lord Elrond. And Mary-Sue... They have to understand the word: canon

There are other ways to comfort Lord Elrond, than to make him a widower... And I know some ways.. Ohohoho! And I'm not an evil Mary-Sue, but a good one, who doesn't wish Elrond to be sad/widower, but to be happy :)

100% if I dare to say.

-bye-
Jill O'Brien chapter 1 . 5/24/2003
Brava! This ROCKED! I was laughing the whole time. Oh, this was so, so, so good. Loved the descriptions of the Suvian clothing and their whacked-out ideas. And the tongue-in-cheek humor. BRAVA! More, more!