Reviews for From Soldier to Savior
Caspian123 chapter 21 . 6h
Nice chapter man.

I like that Leo's party are using firearms, but I find them a little jarring with the whole fantasy world backdrop the story has. Maybe if the weapons were a lot older? Instead of an AK, Rifana could use a M1 Garand, or a Mauser or even a Winchester repeating rifle. Any rifle with bolt or lever action would feel a lot less "unfair" to me, or at least a semi-automatic fire, like the M1.

I like tha Leopold is a lot more level-headed and mature than Naofumi, one of the pet peeves I have with Naofumi is his pettiness and the fact that he can't let go any grudge, even if the best option is to just let go.

The get up of balaclava, helmet and glasses is cool too, but I feel like it is being misused by you. You only make alusions of them being there, but not the psicological effect it has on the people around Leo. I understand Raphtalia and Rifana being ok and at ease around him when he has them on, but everyone else ahould feel a little intimidated because they can't see any part of his face, and therefore, can't tell what his state of mind is in any given moment. The fact that he can tank a lot of punishment without being hurt gets even more scary when you can't even see him doing faces of extertion, he would be like a machine, unfeeling and unafraid, for the people around him. And we should see that effect on people. Maybe writing the reactions of the knights, the civilians he saves, the more inteligent monsters, the Queen and the Heroes. How does Eclair feel with a hero that doesn't show his face? How Motoyasu feels when he looks at Leo's face and the only thing he sees is tinted glases and cloth? What about Ren and Itsuki, both of them are teenagers, I bet seeing a man on military uniform with a balaclava hiding his face is not something very reassuring. All of those things should explained so we don't forget that Leo is using a balaclava always.
Ghost Man chapter 21 . 10/26
Interesting class upgrades.

Man I wonder what clean air feels like.
Hehehe...Keel...boy...bwahahahah!

Mel prepares for the Filo-glomp...it's super effective.

So...who wants to cap Mald?
Points for Rifana...damn that had ta hurt!
Damn, Raph...that's some Falcon punch work.

Poor Motoyasu...he's got growing up to do.

At least Itsuki/Ren are a bit more...mature.

Congrats on another chatper.
Yagami Kuzuki chapter 21 . 10/25
Fics shit give it a rest
OechsnerC chapter 21 . 10/25
Awesome update. Really enjoyed reading this chapter. Looking forward to reading more.
There are not names chapter 21 . 10/25
Loved it but why did I get a email saying chapter 22 then chapter 21 and only find 21 was it a mistake?
D3lph0xL0v3r chapter 21 . 10/24
keep up the AMAZING work!

(Dragon Quest Joins the Party theme Plays)

Eclair joins Fireteam Eagle/Shield Hero's Party

I Can Hardly wait to see What Happens next!
drmcgraw186 chapter 21 . 10/24
You are aware that canon Keel is a reverse trap [a girl who looks like and acts like {and this case thinks she is} a boy] it revealed in LN 10 which will be end of season 2 or start of season 3 of the anime
GreatEnder chapter 20 . 10/3
The rewrite is great!
TheDrkKnight12 chapter 21 . 10/2
I liked that Atlternate Ending better. Should've kept that and not letting her live because "morals"
GreatEnder chapter 20 . 9/11
Thought your MC was a Soldier! He should take high treason very seriously. Giving a treasonous king a few days of embarrassment and 30 days of community service is not the punishment for treason. What he did is equivalent to a general sending an army to attack another country against orders while his leader is still negotiating with that country. He put the faith of the world and the country at risk. How much good intentions he had would not matter . Even then, his hatred undermines his good intentions by allowing plots against Shield Hero. If you want a modern analogy, that same general not only attacked a country without orders buy also allowed for killing, rape, pillage of civilians because of so his hate for the enemy.
Your character is not being true to his Soldier experience. At the very least he should have given them the same punishment as in the anime or forced them to be demoted to civilian with slave crest to keep them in check. Correct punishment is life in prison.
Malty’s punishment is also very dumb. You took a death sentence and made it 1 year community service. They framed him for rape, that would have lead to his death. That’s same as attempted murder . Never mind the treason to kill a royal family member.
Come up with something better.
Plz do a oneshot of malty and lesty
Ghost Man chapter 20 . 9/8
Oh yeah. Silly little pope tried the thing. Why is he the scariest "monster" in the manga/anime? Really. He is.

Oh good. Rishia gets some love. Bout time they all got their butts away from their heads.

OMG those two. There's so much sugar here I'm gonna become prediabetic.
Rifana I swear you're just jelly. Heheh.

I'm not gonna lie. He screwed up, but the King...well he has some sympathy from me, the old fool.

Bwahahaha. Poor Filo. I'm sorry oh Loli, but it is a cute.

Finally the truth. Of course Malty is just horrid. The King...just blind...poor old fool.

Sheesh Death huh?

Now he's released from the insanity and the healing will begin...hopefully.
OechsnerC chapter 20 . 9/7
Awesome update. Really looking forward to reading more.
TheDrkKnight12 chapter 20 . 9/7
That's it? Aside from a few changes here and there, it's still the same. You even made the trial the same as canon. This is getting borings
Crimson An'Xileel chapter 20 . 9/6