Reviews for Redemption
ABBAbethTheHamster chapter 13 . 8/22/2020
I hadn't even thought about Charlie's new classmates having parents who worked at the factory! That is quite the interesting detail, and yeah, I wouldn't want to have to explain those details if I were in Charlie's shoes!

Esther's reactions to all of those sequel plays is quite funny. "I won't stay for the whole thing; I'm not sure how many more dancing aliens I can take." It makes me almost want to watch them myself just to catch how much sequelitis and so forth was present.

Keep up the great work! :-D
Squirrela chapter 13 . 8/13/2020
Loving seeing Charlie growing up and heading to his new school. I’m sure every mother feels like that about her children growing up.

Good hearing that you are just covering the bases. I wasn’t completely sure what to expect at points, though it did seem final at the end. Essie is right: now she does have a good answer for her friends.
Sonata IX chapter 13 . 8/12/2020
Oh I like how Mr. Wonka handled that! Neither of them seems romantically interested in each other and Mrs. Bucket's friends seem to have just made her uncomfortable by bringing it up. With one easy line he really seemed to put her at ease about their relationship.
Gs33022 chapter 13 . 8/12/2020
Dear Emerald:

This was a great chapter! For starters, I noticed the early draft reference (Charlie being nicknamed "Chocolate Boy"), and I found it sweet when the Oompa-Loompas and Mr. Wonka talked about weddings. I also liked Charlie's moments at school, as well as Mrs. Bucket talking about the factory to outsiders, as well as her talking about Tom once again. Keep up the great work!

However, there is something that I must address. It gets constantly annoying when the word "Oompa-Loompa" isn't hyphenated correctly, and is spelled "Oompa Loompa." I would recommend correcting those occurrences, as Oompa-Loompa is the correct version compared to it not being hyphenated. Other than that, this story is getting better and better with each chapter! Keep it up!

- Gabe S.
Squirrela chapter 12 . 8/2/2020
Hey. Sorry for missing this for so long.

It was lovely seeing the family settling in even further. Poor Joe feeling played, but then getting exactly what he needed. That was a near perfect scene. The Oompa-Loomps seem to be working hard to play their part in helping everyone with the process.

Thanks.
Sonata IX chapter 12 . 8/1/2020
Star Candy, ey? *waggles eyebrows*

I'm struggling, my brain REALLY wants to accept this as a legitimate sequel to the movie, which would make it a prequel to MY story. But I don't know if it will line up right in the end, chronologically. But I really want it to. Because it's sooo good. 3

Also I love how much you've been including the whole family. I'm now having regrets about only working with Mrs. Bucket in mine, and even then not much. We barely see the grandparents in the movie (other than Grandpa Joe) but now they're all becoming such interesting people!
Sonata IX chapter 2 . 8/1/2020
Hiiii thanks for reviewing my story because it led me to yours! Your characterization is spot on, I'm loving it! Also enjoyed Grandpa Joe confronting Willy about his behavior, and pretty much every time someone calls Willy out about how serious this is for Charlie and his family. There has to be a little bit of practicality in all the fantasy!
Gs33022 chapter 12 . 7/27/2020
Dear Emerald:

What an amazing chapter! I loved how Grandpa Joe is becoming happier, as well as the world, er, factory building, as Wonka might call it, with the Star Candy Room. I also liked the world-building with Mr. Wilkinson's family. It makes me wonder if we'll get more info on him throughout the story.

As a closing notice, I must admit that I nearly had a stroke when I read, "Charlie's Chocolate Adventure." I'm sure the resemblance to the title of my story, "Charlie's Chocolatey Adventure", but it still did catch me off guard! XD

Keep up the great work!

- Gabe S. :)
ABBAbethTheHamster chapter 12 . 7/22/2020
I like the idea of Joe being taught how to steer the Wonkatania. It makes me think of an incident that took place when the scene for the movie was being filmed; the boat was actually on a guiderail, but the actor playing the Oompa-Loompa who steered the boat was so excited about being a sailor that the crew member involved just let him believe that he was steering the boat and never told him about it being anchored on a path. I'm interested to see if the boat will get any extended further use from this point on. Ditto for Mrs. Bucket's reaction to the two other parts of that play.
Squirrela chapter 11 . 7/10/2020
I’m so glad Essie was able to talk about her husband with her friends. It also sounds like she had a wonderful birthday. More signs that the Factory is slowly becoming home for them. Thank You.
Gs33022 chapter 11 . 7/9/2020
Dear Emerald:

What a chapter! Both sweet and somber, but I liked both halves just the same. As usual, I really enjoyed the flashback with Mr. Bucket. To tell you the truth, since he had no actual appearance in the (final) 1971 film, I also picture him with his 2005 appearance. I loved the event with Mrs. Bucket's birthday, as well as the description of the female Oompa-Loompas, with whom I can see takes cues from what I suggested, which does flatter me. I also got worried when Grandpa Joe became pale, but I'm admittedly glad that he felt better. I like his character development where he is slowly learning to let loose and become more cheerful. Overall, this is an amazing chapter, and keep up the great work!

- Gs33022
Gs33022 chapter 10 . 6/30/2020
Now THIS. Aside from the flashback chapter, which is my favorite one, this is the best chapter in the story thus far! I loved how you conveyed the emotions of Mrs. Bucket while she was explaining what happened to John- er, Tom here- and I adored the scenes with Mrs. Bucket interacting with the Oompa-Loompa children. I do wish, however, that you described the female Oompa-Loompas in more detail, as they weren't seen in the 1971 movie. Longer, unrestrained hair that looks less like a wig, perhaps, with different-colored overalls or an apron? I do, on the other hand, appreciate the description of the children. I also laughed out loud with the joke regarding the location of Loompaland.

Overall, aside from the representation of the female Oompa-Loompas, I really enjoyed this chapter. Keep up the great work!

-Gs33022
Squirrela chapter 10 . 6/29/2020
It’s good seeing them all start to settle in. It feels like the place is starting to become like home for them.
Guest chapter 10 . 6/28/2020
I love this can't wait for the next chapter!
Wilder Wonka chapter 9 . 6/23/2020
I honestly don't blame Joe for feeling this way. For almost Charlie's life, he has been filling the void as a father figure towards Charlie (even if he didn't do a very good job at it anyway). He loves Charlie like a son and he must feel very angry towards Wonka for effectively replacing him.

I honestly can't wait to see what happens next in the following chapters if a parenthood rivalry breaks out between Joe and Wonka
88 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »