Reviews for Redemption
Wilder Wonka chapter 9 . 6/23/2020
I honestly don't blame Joe for feeling this way. For almost Charlie's life, he has been filling the void as a father figure towards Charlie (even if he didn't do a very good job at it anyway). He loves Charlie like a son and he must feel very angry towards Wonka for effectively replacing him.

I honestly can't wait to see what happens next in the following chapters if a parenthood rivalry breaks out between Joe and Wonka
Gs33022 chapter 9 . 6/22/2020
What a nice chapter! You portrayed the characters marvellously well once again, especially Grandpa Joe and his personality of constantly being a dick. I really wish they made Grandpa Joe a nice guy like in the book, "What Could Have Been", and the 2005 film. Nothing against your portrayal; props in fact, just something I wanted to point out.
Guest chapter 9 . 6/21/2020
This was amazing ️ can't wait for the next chapter!
Squirrela chapter 9 . 6/21/2020
I have to say that it feels like Joe is jealous of Willy. That’s the only reason I can see for this attitude. Joe wants to feel himself the important one to Charlie, as he was when he encouraged Charlies interest in the Chocolate Factory. Now he is outclassed by the Factory owner. It is possible that this feeling is only encouraged by the way Willy knocked himself off of the pedestal by shouting at Charlie like that...

Thanks again...
Guest chapter 8 . 6/14/2020
Please continue I love your work so much ️
ABBAbethTheHamster chapter 8 . 6/14/2020
It's nice to read that Mrs. Bucket is starting to familiarize herself with the factory. Maybe she'll form a personal, friendly connection with Mr. Wonka eventually?
Squirrela chapter 8 . 6/14/2020
I’m glad to read about such a lovely afternoon. I do hope that they can come up with something non-laundry-esque for Mrs Bucket to do though. She feels like the kind of person who requires purpose beyond looking after her family, especially now. I suspect she might enjoy the days off more if she had something else to spend her time on. Still she has earned a break.
Squirrela chapter 7 . 6/8/2020
This was an interesting glimpse into some of the changes that have taken place in the lives of the Bucket family since they moved into the Factory. Not all sunshine and daisies by a long shot. Thanks for the update.
Gs33022 chapter 7 . 6/7/2020
Another amazing chapter! As usual, I loved your writing style and descriptions, and the dialogue, keep it up. Regarding the first scene, as someone who loves flashbacks, that was a very welcome scene, and I'd love to see more scenes like that from you. Keep up the great work!

- Gs33022
Turrislucidus chapter 7 . 6/7/2020
We can 'talk a walk'? I like that; a walk but without the exercise! And ya know, girls are blondes and boys are blonds; quirky, eh? And later, I see you know that. :-)

This was a well executed chapter, poignant in its point that history repeats itself, sometimes in the strangest ways, and that what we wish for we get, even if not by the method we may have imagined it.
Turrislucidus chapter 6 . 6/7/2020
Whether torture chamber or fun house is in the eye of the beholder, I gather. Reading about the various experiences outside the Factory, I can appreciate Mr. Wonka's staying inside it.
Turrislucidus chapter 5 . 6/7/2020
Snozzberries... or regular tea? Mrs. Bucket has opted for the conventional. I wonder what Mr. Wonka makes of that?
Turrislucidus chapter 4 . 6/7/2020
I like that you have Grandpa George doing as much talking as you do. He is so often forgotten, with Grandpa Joe getting all the good lines. I do also like Mrs. Bucket standing her ground, but shake my head at how acculturated she is: believing that she is only useful to others if she is cooking or cleaning. I hope living in the Chocolate Factory will expand her horizons along with Charlie's.
ABBAbethTheHamster chapter 7 . 6/7/2020
I have to say, this is my favorite chapter so far. The way that you dug into internal emotions like that really helped me feel for the characters, especially Mrs. Bucket. I'm now interested to see how exactly Mr. Wonka is seeing Charlie as a sort of adoptive son (in terms of details, I mean)!
Atarya QueenofEgypt chapter 6 . 6/2/2020
This is really amazing. Loved the mention about Augustus Gloop. Can't wait for chapter 7 and sorry for the late update on WonkaVID19. I had a lot of exciting things going on in my life. I hope you can forgive me. Please update soon and please don't forget to read and review the updated chapter in my Wonka story. Please PM me back when you get this. Thanks.
89 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 Next »