Reviews for Redemption
Squirrela chapter 6 . 6/2/2020
It is good to see the family starting to settle down into the new routines, and even reach out to those they knew in happier times.

Looking forward to seeing how thing’s come together in future.
Gs33022 chapter 6 . 6/1/2020
Dear emeraldphan:

Nice job! I've been following this story from the start, and I've thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it. You've done a wonderful job capturing each of the character's personalities, so props to that. However, Grandpa Joe, during the events of the 1971 movie, clearly stated he was giving up tobacco, so therefore, he would not go hunting for it during this, since it's a sequel. Other than that, amazing work. I loved how you explained what happened to the other children. Keep up the great work!

- Gs33022
Squirrela chapter 5 . 5/30/2020
Cheeky Willy! That would be hard for Charlie, and difficult for his family. Well done Esther. Not an easy conversation to have, but needed if you want to move on.

Thanks again.
Squirrela chapter 4 . 5/25/2020
Lots going on here then. Esther clearly feeling completely at sea. Willy far too used to everyone going along with his plans, and the Bucket family’s so used to be going their own way. Charlie, wanting to give allegiance to both. George is right, they are living on the bounty of another. I look forward to seeing how Esther and Willy reach an acceptable compromise.
Atarya QueenofEgypt chapter 4 . 5/21/2020
Amazing emeraldphan and I updated chapter 4 of WonkaVID19. Can you review please? Update soon and please PM me back when you get this. Thanks.
Squirrela chapter 3 . 5/18/2020
As far as giving advice goes, you’re welcome. Thank you for doing what you can to bring your readers with you. The changes work well.

It’s lovely to see the family starting to feel a little more comfortable during this strange time. Looks like it has been a busy time for them.
Atarya QueenofEgypt chapter 3 . 5/17/2020
Why doesn't Mr. Wonka never celebrates Christmas? Update soon and also I have posted chapter 4 of WonkaVID19. I hope you can review it. Please PM me back when you get this. Thanks.
Squirrela chapter 2 . 5/13/2020
I find this interesting... I actually think that both Willy and Joe are tired in that first scene. Willy is trying too hard. Way too hyperactive. And Joe. What’s up with that ‘Mr Silverman’ line? He’s loved the Factory, and the icon of Mr Wonka for years. He thought the Factory was fantastic, and he’s a hot tempered chap who blows up when angry, and then gets over it, as we saw at the end of the film. A whole lot more has to be going on to produce this simmering resentment. Jealousy? Or something else? Hmmm...
Turrislucidus chapter 2 . 5/12/2020
I wonder if you are parodying your characters' names? Mr. Turpentine IS funny, but his name was/is Mr. Turkentine. Speaking of one letter off, did you know, that Gene Wilder's name, before he changed it, was Silberman?

"These two very old people are the father and mother of Mr. Bucket. Their names are Grandpa Joe and Grandma Josephine." Roald Dahl, 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory'. It's hard for me to ignore that, and explains why Grandpa Joe in the '71 movie treats Mrs. Bucket more like a daughter-in-law than a daughter. She does try to mitigate that by calling him 'dad', but I don't think the gesture got her very far with him.

Story-wise, you've captured Joe's penchant for making trouble. He's a braver man than I to look a gift horse like Willy Wonka in the mouth. The chicken-pox you mention is an interesting thought. With the Oompa-Loompas in mind, Mr. Wonka had best see that the family has had all their shots. :-)
Atarya QueenofEgypt chapter 2 . 5/11/2020
Wonka Square? Kind of New York Times Square, right? Also, emeraldphan I updated chapter 2 of WonkaVID19. I hope you can review. Please PM me back and can you follow and favorite me? Please PM me back letting me know. Thanks.
LaLadyCavalier chapter 1 . 5/8/2020
Eeeeee this is so sweet and authentic and just so great? I really hope you do more, but even if it's just a one shot, it's so perfect.
Squirrela chapter 1 . 5/8/2020
An intriguing beginning, and even more of an intriguing title. I shall look forward to seeing how you plan to tie it into the storyline.

I have a sneaking suspicion that both Esther and Joe will want a more in depth discussion with Willy as time goes on.

You have only given us an appetiser here though, it is in that which follows the we will be able to see a little bit more about what this story shall ultimately come to be. You have made a start with great characterisation there, especially of capturing Joe’s bluster. I shall look forward to seeing where you take them.
Atarya QueenofEgypt chapter 1 . 5/7/2020
This is quite amazing. Is this Wonka Wilder or Wonka Depp in this? Update soon and don't worry. I'll be updating chapter 2 of WonkaVID19. Will we still be doing a Wonka story together? Please PM me back. Thanks.
88 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6