Reviews for Born of Ice and Fire
sandmanwake chapter 9 . 10/23/2020
Excellent battle scenes in this chapter, though I think it would have gone easier for Jon if he had used his warging skills a bit. Imagine if at the right moment, he caused the horses of his opponents to rear and throw the riders off and then instead of running away, they stomped on them. Even the Mountain with his full plate armor would have at likely lost his helmet and taken some bruises. Then, Jon could have just shot him from a distance. Something to keep in mind for later, I guess.
BigWilly526 chapter 9 . 10/23/2020
It was a good chapter and I can’t wait for more, I hope you and your family are ok
Youngthundercat67 chapter 9 . 10/23/2020
I think the way you wrote it is absolutely fine. Sometimes, I think Authors get too caught up on making fights realistic on a world that has ice zombies and giants lol. So no worries. This is great, has been great, and with your talent, it will continue to be great. I am greatly looking forward to the next chapter! Hoping that somehow Jon can save Ned and the girls!
DaphneSlytherinWinchester chapter 7 . 10/8/2020
The pairing is the most important thing. Jon is the rightful heir to the throne and a Stark and Targaryen. In a world like Westeros who he marries is literally the biggest priority. I mean unless you intend on him being a nobody who just fights against the white walkers and either ends up dying while doing so or joins the Night Watch then yes the pairing is irrelevant and technically as a member of the Night Watch he shouldn't even be with anyone. However if you intend on seeing him recognised as who he is then he needs to marry well. Margaery Tyrell, Daenerys Targaryen and Sansa Stark are the three best options for a good political match. And honestly why do you care if people bitch about it being Jonsa or Jonerys. As long as you write either ship properly and don't screw it up like the GoT writers did then neither should be a problem. Yes Jon and Sansa believe/d each other to be siblings but they're cousins and plenty of cousins grow up together and end up getting married both in the GoT universe and in olden times. Hell I'm pretty sure cousins get married in this day and age too. As for Jonerys yes Dany went 'mad' but that's because the writers are a bunch of morons who don't know how to write a powerful woman without making her cruel or mad or both. Or a total tomboy like Arya and Brienne... now I have zero problems with tomboys but the way they wrote those characters and made them so anti anything female and the way both characters look down on a woman for acting like a goddamn woman pisses me off sm. There's NOTHING wrong with being a woman. I will never understand why men see women as either women desperately trying to be men or crazy hysterical women.
Hkt29 chapter 8 . 10/2/2020
I don't think that Jon would allow the Mountain to terrorize people if he is around.
Hkt29 chapter 7 . 10/1/2020
Very good.
Hkt29 chapter 6 . 10/1/2020
Just skip the parts that are canon.
Hkt29 chapter 5 . 10/1/2020
Good one.
Hkt29 chapter 4 . 10/1/2020
There is no need to rewrite again those events that are the same as canon.
Hkt29 chapter 3 . 10/1/2020
Interesting development.
Hkt29 chapter 2 . 10/1/2020
Wonder what will happen.

Insteresting change with Tommen.
Hkt29 chapter 1 . 10/1/2020
Very interesting.
Guest chapter 8 . 9/24/2020
In my family, we’ve already had two Covid scares (two different family members got it from two different sources) and having to quarantine for weeks two separate times was very scary especially because we were trying to prevent one of our family with a poor immune system from coming into contact with it...I hope your family continues getting better and that you don’t have any further scares with it!

Anyway, just found your story and ima sucker for time-travel stories! I would suggest Arianne Martell for a pairing if you have a pairing at all,..I hated how D&D messed up the Dorne/Martell plotline, so hopefully you include all the Martells and all of the Sand Snakes! As for Jon hatching a dragon, I understand why he’s leery of it, but he only really needs to hatch one, no more. If he doesn’t, his family will be utterly at Daenerys’ mercy when she arrives. He doesn’t have to use the dragon as a weapon and actually kill people; it’s more important that he has one as a nuclear deterrent to keep his people safe...and maybe to burn away gates so that any sieges they need to conquer any castles won’t be prolonged. And if he has a dragon of his own, he won’t be dependent on Daenerys for the Long Night. Also, I hope that Jon and Bran remember that there is dragonglass on the Northern island of Skagos and that going to Dragonstone was unnecessary! D&D just ignores Skagos to shoehorn in a plotline to make Jon meet Daenerys.
Aaronssthans chapter 8 . 9/22/2020
Waiting for updates!
Hit1903 chapter 8 . 9/21/2020
This is quite good though the progression is slow. Still, one of the best.. Hope you update soon.
304 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »