Reviews for Born of Ice and Fire
H chapter 8 . 11/17/2022
It's kinda ironic that you say that bloodraven is partial to the Targaryens, because you are the exact same thing. You adore the starks and condemn the Targaryens. This Jon will never win as long as he keep denigning who he truly is. He sets the family that betrayed him first again and again and that will cost the realm far more than anything else. They need fire, they need dragons if they should survive the long night. They lost last time because Jon was only a wolf. He need to become something more, if they shall ever succesed. Otherwise okay story, not particalury interesting, but average storyline.
Guest chapter 10 . 10/22/2022
Jon turning up in front of the Northern and Riverlands forces with four direwolves… that’s how to make an entrance!
Guest chapter 4 . 10/22/2022
And yet Ned still chooses Robert every time.
Guest chapter 2 . 10/22/2022
Honestly, this Jon being focused so much on his supposed family over the realm is beyond belief.

Jon was there, he saw the world destroyed but what’s most important is saving his cousins?
Guest chapter 1 . 10/22/2022
I’m sorry but Jon thinks Ned is honourable? After everything? Knowing that Ned deliberately kept the truth from Jon to protect Robert’s throne? Despite his bitterness over knowing Ned allowed Jon to join the Watch without telling him either the truth about himself or the truth of the Watch?

Jon is right though that Ned would be useful in the war. That’s about the extent of Ned’s usefulness.

By the way, you do realise that Daenerys agreed to a slave market right outside her gates and allowed former slaves to sell themselves back into slavery, as long as Daenerys got a cut of the profits?
Guest chapter 1 . 10/21/2022
I always find it hilarious that readers think Ashara could be Jon’s mother.

If Ashara was Jon’s mother, why would Ned keep it from Jon? There’s no reason for it. Why the great mystery?

Just why would Ned take Jon from Ashara anyway? Dorne treats bastards better than any of the other kingdoms, so why would they allow Ned to take Jon from his mother in that case? If Ashara was his mother, we’re supposed to think that she allowed Ned to take him and then threw herself from the tower? Or then departed for Essos to raise the fake Aegon if you buy the theory that she’s the Septa?

It honestly baffles me why people think Jon could possibly be the son of Ashara.
CaliGirl90278 chapter 10 . 10/15/2022
The fact Viserys and Dany received virtually NO education is one of the Georgisms I find most irritating. I agree Dany is better than many others, and of course the only character more wronged by the S08 Shitshow than Dany, was Jaime Lannister.
CaliGirl90278 chapter 2 . 10/14/2022
I'm loving this fic!
Guest chapter 10 . 9/18/2022
If you’ve read the books, you’ll know that Arya is not meant for Gendry, that’s show only nonsense.

Of course Jon is insulting his parents! He must know something of them because he’s seen Bran’s visions etc, you told us in an earlier chapter. They were both good people who tried to help others. Of course they were good.

It’s implied that there was an alliance to remove the Targaryen’s from the throne. Rickard betrothed his eldest son Brandon to Catelyn, his only daughter to Robert and sent Ned to foster in the Vale. That’s the North, the Vale, the Stormlands and the Riverlands all tied together in marriages and friendship. Also, Jaime Lannister was sent to the Riverlands with the goal of being betrothed to Lysa, thereby adding the Westernlands to the alliance.

It’s telling that Dorne, the Reach and the Crownlands were excluded, all three were Targaryen loyalists (Dorne for obvious reasons).

If Lyanna married Rhaegar, then someone deliberately lied to her brother Brandon to send him off to King’s Landing.

Did you have to scar Jon’s face? I hope his voice recovers.

It’s making no sense for things to be playing out mostly as canon. There’s about to be a war, which means thousands of men will be killed who would otherwise have been useful fighting against the Others in the North.

I hope Jon goes to King’s Landing and rescues Ned and Sansa. Ned’s not as honourable as advertised but he’d do well as a commander in the army and hopefully prevent Robb from some of his mistakes. Without hostages, the Lannisters wouldn’t be able to have as many victories.

Jon is going to be celebrated throughout the Riverlands for slaying the Mountain and his men. I wonder what Catelyn will think?! She thought she was rid of Jon! I’d love to know what Ser Brynden says though. The Mountain was sent by Tywin because of Catelyn’s actions. What will everyone think when they see Jon with four direwolves?
Guest chapter 9 . 9/18/2022
I’m sorry for your loss.

Well done though on the battle, I think you got pragmatic Jon across well. In the show he sent men off to die, knowing they would die but did it anyway.

When Jon shot arrows at the Mountain, why didn’t he use the spell to make sure they hit the target areas? Why didn’t he warg into one of the remaining horses and get it to trample the Mountain? It wouldn’t kill him but would still injure him and cause the Mountain to bleed more, wearing out his strength thanks to more blood loss.
Guest chapter 8 . 9/18/2022
Jon has been back in the past for years now, surely he would have accepted being a Targaryen by now. He wouldn’t be able to help thinking on it, with all the time he spent with his cousins/siblings, it would constantly be on his mind that he’s not really their brother etc.

He might not like the fact but he would have accepted it. Maybe even taken comfort that at least he’s still a Stark from his mother’s side.
Guest chapter 7 . 9/18/2022
I think you should put Jon with Shireen.
Guest chapter 6 . 9/18/2022
Ned should stay alive, he would make a good commander of the army. Not a good king though, he’s not even a good Warden. Ned did nothing for the North, as evidenced by Tyrion’s thoughts on how poor the people of the North were, the famines etc.

Bran could surely give Jon the visions to find his way through the secret tunnels to rescue both Sansa and Ned, assuming Arya runs off as she did before. Jon could then track her down separately, once he’s rescued Ned and Sansa. He could even use his hawk to get her to follow it, as she’d recognise his hawk.

Jon should definitely get a dragon, as Bran says, it gives him equality for negotiating with Daenerys (even if his claim supersedes her own), plus used properly, would be incredibly useful in the war against the Others etc. Bran could give him the visions of how past Targaryen’s used their dragons effectively or even the families of the Fourty Dragon-riders from the Valyrian empire etc.
Guest chapter 4 . 9/18/2022
And yet Ned still remained a Robert fanboy.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/18/2022
That’s laughable for Jon to call Ned the most honourable man. He wasn’t honourable in protecting Robert’s claim to the throne over Jon’s. Nor did he do anything for Jon’s future.

The only thing he did was to ensure Jon was educated properly along with Robb.

Ned never once thinks of Jon as his son, whenever he thinks of his children, he always excluded Jon.
305 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »