Reviews for There and Back Again
greasy snivellus chapter 5 . 8/16
please stop putting ANs in the middle of the story unless it's really important, try to incorporate explanations in the story instead of ANs. Putting ANs in the middle ruins the flow of the chapter as well so avoid it please. otherwise your chapter's good. oh and consider using some symbols to show speaking in elvish instead of elvish then translation, like some authors using $parseltongue$ or italics for thoughts, etc
greasy snivellus chapter 5 . 8/16
to make your chaps better please limit the ANs in the middle of the story it ruins the flow of the chapter
Too much time is passing in middle earth. When the hell is Harry going back? If he’s not I’ll just stop here because I find myself skimming more and more as this is mostly just bloody canon rehash with some extra, so far pointless, dialogue.
I would say used sparingly that including foreign languages is ok. But you flood the book with it which is just a lame way to increase your word count with nothing real added. In a movie they include subtitles so you read it and hear it at the same time. Doesn’t work that way in a book. You are actually taken mg away from the story. It’s bloody annoying!
Yeah I have to agree with many of the other reviewers. You over used the elvish language way to damn much. Who speaks elvish or reads it? Not many at all. So you seemed to have made your story particularly difficult to get through while making a tiny handful of people happy. Hmmm. Bad business
FanonOverCanon chapter 3 . 4/28
"Olorin" is a name for Gandalf. It's his original Maia name like Curunir is for Saruman.
Azrael's Son chapter 2 . 3/26
truly hoping you make a sequel and im only just getting to page two! also dispite the detractors on the site im happy that you wrote the elven and the translation it make the story that much more in depth for those of us that love the lord of the rings books and movies and that you have combined them with harry potter im floored flabbergasted and amazed and so very happy you made this story i wish you would make a sequel and i eagerly await more when you can thank you for taking the time to write this. Mellon. friend.
GL chapter 1 . 10/3/2016
wow that elvish stuff is annoying!
Fleur Daphne Potter chapter 20 . 8/12/2016
I have absolutely loved your story, this is the second time I have read this version, and my only complaint os still that Ránëwén was kill half way through
Littwink chapter 4 . 7/23/2016
The plot is unique, but there's something about how Harry handles the others that rub me the wrong way. Maybe it's just me not liking the Phenix crowd, but the audacity...
Guest chapter 4 . 3/31/2016
I was thinking, but I believe that Olorin is the name that the Valar gave to Gandalf the Grey as an Istari. He is called Mithrandir by the elves and Galdalf in Sindarin(common tounge). The lady Galadriel's other names are Altatriel, Artenis, and Nerwen.
Amu4ever chapter 1 . 1/1/2016
Aww! -poup -

Wanted him to be an elfling. Sure would have mad esense with the way his mother looked...
Lania chapter 5 . 12/10/2015
Kuroshitsuji a.k.a black butler
SortingHat chapter 1 . 9/26/2015
Wow! I am absolutely floored that readers don't even check the dates of the stories they read! Does anybody seriously think the author is going to look at all these reviews considering it's from the early 00s?

We are now well into the 010s and the author doesn't give a rats ass about his account.

I am sad to say the author got overwhelmed with some of the negative reviews but it was only the Elvish crap that sparked it. It's not like people are trying to flame on here.

The most negative review I can find is someone who said this story is boring but things could be a whole lot worse!

Story authors these days need to grow a back bone and learn to take or ignore advice/criticism from others.

Name calling is not okay such as "You suck so much you dick go jump under a bridge!" would be totally uncalled for.
Eddain chapter 2 . 8/30/2015
The elvish just turn a relaxing reading into a frustation. I keep reading trying to find a part without elvish, but the elvish wins this time.
1,312 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »