Reviews for The Price of Peace
Chat Noir chapter 1 . 5/25/2003
[Evil ate my review. ::pouts::]

Wonderful story, Klose, and no, you didn't screw the last part up. It's nice to see that Maglor was able to let go of his past, actually, I think that he and the river are very much alike. Waste floats upon it, but at the source it remains pure. Which makes it all the more interesting that Maglor thinks that such stink could not once have been clean.

About that last part though, at the moment when reading it and coming upon Gandhi's death the first thought that crossed my mind was "My God, Maglor is going to have Gandhi's blood on his hands." Since he was that close to him, and his hands were extended towards him, I figured that it could have been pretty likely. But this blood is one that cleanses and gives strength... and the will to live...

Whatever, sorry for rambling. A great new addition to the list of great stories stemming from that challenge!
Acacea chapter 1 . 5/25/2003
Very nicely done!

And on a personal note, perfect spelling for a Tamil word;-)
Eledhwen chapter 1 . 5/25/2003
Excellent, Klose. Really original and moving.
Jen Littlebottom chapter 1 . 5/25/2003
Bravo!

What a wonderful person for Maglor to come in contact with. Lovely, lovely.
Lalwen chapter 1 . 5/25/2003
Truly great story, Klose... Maglor's salvation, very well-handled.

I loved it - very well-written.

To see the life of Ghandhi through the eyes of an Immortal (and tainted) Elf, was very intriguing. I liked the idea of Maglor seeking redemption through the Ages... and then being purified...

I'll say it again - a great story!
20 | « Prev Page 1 2