Reviews for In the Black
lurkingwhump chapter 21 . 11/24/2020
Ughh, Kurt’s worry here is killing me. I see Jane’s desire to see things through, but can’t blame Kurt for worrying. He almost had Jane die already, and now stopping the treatment...Can’t blame him for being a ball of worry, even though we know he will always support her. Great chapter!
jackandsamforever chapter 1 . 11/5/2020
I really enjoyed reading through this! It’s very well written, and you manage to capture Jeller’s love for one another nicely. I miss them so much already.
lurkingwhump chapter 20 . 10/26/2020
Oh, you just filled in a major blank in the YOU! I so desperately wanted to see Kurt wrap her in his arms in that cathedral, and you delivered that, and more! I glove you!
lurkingwhump chapter 19 . 10/2/2020
Oh damn, this is so sweet and heartbreaking at the same time. Both of Jeller fearing she wont remember him and their life. And Kurt’s anguish feels so real. I love how Patterson gets through to him, and how gentle even Tasha is. Loved the line about how Kurt looks at Jane, very true. But ugghh, my heart when Kurt talks to her softly as he dresses her in the hospital gown. There’s something so tender in that. And his anxiety, but Jane seeing past it. I love it.
Thai777333 chapter 17 . 9/16/2020
You did an excellent job of bridging the gaps. Although I think there was a deconstruction of the characters in S5 and I don't agree with Jane's "suicide". They always showed us a character who clung to life and knew how to reinvent herself . It was very painful to see her get into that tangle of guilt and depression, culminating in self-aggression. If you publishe that painful last episode, I will certainly read it. Congratulations on your talent, you are a wonderful writer.
lurkingwhump chapter 18 . 9/4/2020
“When had he ever been rational when it came to Jane?” Oh, that is so very true. Another great chapter! I think you really capture Jane’s guilt and self-loathing down to a tee. It’s heartbreaking to see how she always thinks that anything that goes wrong is her fault and could’ve been prevented if she’d only acted differently. But it’s all so very Jane.

I loved the conversation in the car. I feel it’s very in character for Kurt, kind of slowly coming to the realization that Jane is blaming herself again, and on the one hand being devastated that she thought he’d be angry, but on the other kicking himself that he didn’t realize it sooner.
lurkingwhump chapter 17 . 8/20/2020
Ugh, right in the feels. The sorrow and guilt broke my heart here. But I love the unspoken communication between them. Love this to bits!
lurkingwhump chapter 16 . 7/20/2020
Oh, FEEEEELLLSS. I love these small moments in time. How they are both able to calm each other, how they want to be there for each other. The love they have is so clear. More, please!
lurkingwhump chapter 15 . 7/9/2020
Adsf,adsf. Oh, Kurt is in full protective hubby-mode. Him asking to look and then “just let me take care of you, okay”. MY HEARTTTT! And poor Jane, you can feel her pain and exhaustion, and her guilt. Thank you for having her apologize. Love Kurt’s tenderness here.
lurkingwhump chapter 14 . 7/9/2020
Oh man...I think Kurt just had a flashback with Jane fiddling with syringes. I know I did. My poor heart, I hate seeing them snipe at each other when they’re both hurting. But Kurt is right, Jane has no business being out it the field...she shouldn’t even be on her feet :(. Yes, he is traumatized by his torture and she’s right to worry but she’s more severely injured. And I absolutely hated the line in canon about her not being the right person. Grrr.
lurkingwhump chapter 13 . 7/3/2020
I can’t believe I didn’t review this yet. Oh, Jane is so miserable. But you can feel the anxiety coming off Kurt in waves because he’s so worried about her. And who can blame him. It’s sweet how they both worry how the other is hurting.

I love how you actually had Jane admit that she was scared. That vulnerability. And Kurt...I love how Jane is able to gently coax him to talk, and reassure him at least through the worst.
lurkingwhump chapter 12 . 6/30/2020
Poor Kurt, he feels so guilty. Ugh I want to hug him. But, my God, Kurt soothing Jane back to deep sleep with his touch and a few murmured words, that was so tender you almost had me in tears. And I love how they reassure each other, Kurt getting Jane to tell her how she actually feels.
eblonde chapter 13 . 6/30/2020
I really needed this ️ Kurt’s worry at the beginning that she had gotten an infection, you had me concerned for a second there! I’m glad they got to talk to each other about their ordeals. They need each other both physically and emotionally ️
brbl56 chapter 8 . 6/17/2020
Wow! What a bittersweet chapter. My heart melted when Jane gave every team member the perfect drawing to ease their hurt.
Blindspot-overwatch chapter 8 . 6/17/2020