Reviews for Easy
robertsbella2 chapter 2 . 3/6
Enjoying the sequel.
Renee Aubin chapter 3 . 3/3
Interesting contrast from Jessica re Edward and Charlie:
"He's thirty-five. Your father i[s] forty-one. He stuck it out with his wife for his children where your father did the opposite.”
Does the fact that she admires / respects Edward for his choice, count as “daddy issues”? It still doesn’t mean she wants Edward to take her father's role!

Good answer: "I'd l… like him just as much if he were twenty-two with no kids.”
Although, then he wouldn’t have had the chance to demonstrate such strength of character.

Chuckle:
‘”He's… a friend."
The incredulous look on her face probably wasn't all that professional, but it was a tad humorous.’
Could be that Jessica isn’t caught by surprise all that often.

A very effective invitation from Alice: "If you're important to Edward, you're important to us. We just want to put the whole mess behind us and get to know you."

When she agrees to dinner with the Cullens, Edward is ‘staring over at me with an incredulous look in his eyes.’
That must be twice in about an hour that she’s managed to earn an “incredulous” look from someone important!

Ouch! Edward re his family: “Their help often comes with the benefit of making me look better for their sake, too. I've always been the stain on the Cullen name, and sometimes it feels like their help is more for their sake than mine."
That would get old really fast. All the way back to when he and Irina got pregnant.

Loved this line: "Those are some chatty sandwiches, huh?"

Ha ha, re Bella’s paint shopping:
"Jesus, did you buy out the store?" Rosalie asked…
"No," I grumbled, dropping a gallon of paint on the kitchen counter. "Well, they are out of tape now. But they didn't have a lot to begin with."

A fun moment when Bella answers the door before her shower, dressed in a towel. Especially this part: ‘Edward nodded, the backs of his fingers trailing down my cheek, along my neck to travel across my bare collarbone and shoulder. He pulled his hand away quickly, stuffing it in his pockets before clearing his throat.’

Edward seems to have discovered the antidote to Bella’s chronic inability to believe someone cares about her:
‘And every time he pulled away or grumbled to himself under his breath while carefully distancing himself from me, I did start to realize he cared. That he was in it for me more than anything else.’

What a sad reason for this answer:
‘"Do you never relax?"
I shook my head. "No."’
All the way back in high school, Bella ‘kept myself too busy for Renee or Charlie or, specifically, Tyler to find me.’ Sigh.

Wonderful empathy for Lucy: "I know exactly what it feels like, having a parent choose someone else over you. You're not, obviously. And I'm not asking you to. But, she doesn't know that."

Sweet: "I like this whole dating thing."
Then ‘He was handsy’ – and she likes it that way. No wonder they get busted by Rosalie and Emmett.

Good for Emmett for going all “big brother” on Edward. Edward handled it well, too.

It was worrisome when Edward went home upset, so I really enjoyed Bella’s text.
Dichi95 chapter 23 . 3/2
So, I read Easy before Bad kind of butterflies but I loved it anyways! I'm excited for Closure and I already follow you on twitter (lol) Thanks for writing this, it help me keep my mind out of the real world for a while :)
TwiFanfictionRecs chapter 23 . 2/27
Congratulations! Easy has been voted No. 1 in the Top 10 fics completed in January by visitors of www . twifanfictionrecs . com
Renee Aubin chapter 2 . 2/22
Sheesh, what nasty headlines! ‘Meet Edward Cullen's Mid-Life Crisis’ (But I bet it was kind of fun making them up.)

Wow if this isn’t a perfect example of spin: “Irina has continued to support him even through their separation."

This is actually a good thing for someone in her business to understand first-hand:
‘It suddenly made perfect sense why Edward tried to stay out the spotlight as much as possible. Why he hated publicists and basically every other aspect of his career besides filming the show.’

A lovely detail from their phone call: ‘I was quiet for a minute, listening to his breathing on the other side and matching my own to it.’

Snicker, this is probably the only reason she might keep her promise:
“Will you promise not to make any career changes before talking to Renata tomorrow?"
"There's not much I can do on a Sunday afternoon, so sure."

Interesting observations about Renata, such as ‘She was much more relaxed and approachable than I would have imagined someone like her to be’. Gives Bella a alternative role model for her own style.

That’s pretty funny when Bella, of all people, blurts out that she doesn’t need a publicist.

Nice, when Bella wants to think about the job offer:
"Of course. But, you'll take it."
"How do you know?"
"Because you remind me of me. And I would take it."

Geez, that’s quite a gauntlet to run in the theater. But what a nice consolation: ‘He pulled me against him with a smile, pressing a quick kiss to my lips as if it was the most natural movement in the world.’

Wow, that was quite a speech in Edward’s monolog! No wonder he wanted her there.

Very Bella:
"You know I… still do, though, right?" I asked. I got a frown in response, which wasn't surprising considering I couldn't even say what I wanted to say. "Just because I can't say it yet doesn't mean I don't still feel it."

Progress! ‘…my reaction tonight did nothing but prove how desperately I wanted him to be mine. Always.’
RRN chapter 1 . 2/15
Love it! You are the best. You write like I think so I can literally play the scene in my mind as I’m reading. I forget the chapter but I did note the nod to yourself/name regarding the birthday cake/candles. I thought it was cute. Can’t wait to start next book. I have it on alert. I just get to impatient and usually wait until they are completed to read. I got lucky with the previous series because I found them right when the last one was done and you were starting this one.
Renee Aubin chapter 1 . 2/11
Shaking my head, so typical of Bella to take on this blame: ‘Because for as settled and comforted as he made my life feel, I had kind of imploded his.’

Fun, from Rosalie: “We really need to work on your girl talk.” No doubt Rosalie has been trying, for a long time! Finally, Bella has something to talk about.

Despite her professional competence, this does seem to be a surprise to Bella:
"Everyone has issues, Bella. You have your list why you think Edward shouldn't want you, and I can guarantee he has one, too.”

She needs someone like Rosalie on her side: "I might have a few issues with the man.”

I enjoyed Bella’s rumination on how improbable it was that she and Edward would ever actually date. Ending with ‘I really should have spent more time fantasizing about dating him.’ Her awkwardness is totally endearing.

It’s also really delicious picturing 34 year old Rob in this scene instead of Twilight Rob. Like this moment: ‘I got that rare, glorious half-smirk from him before he opened the passenger door and helped me in.’

Wonderful:
‘"You don't have to look so petrified. I don't bite," Edward said…
"Yes, you do," I blurted out without thinking.’

Smile: ‘Somehow his fingers intertwined with mine felt nearly as intimate as anything else we had done.’ As she’s noted more than once, this is new for them.

Amazing that Bella actually forgot about Edward’s usual show schedule, and doesn’t know what’s happening.

It’s about time something goes better than she expects:
‘Even if I had fantasized about dating Edward, I never would have gotten it right. Partly because a date was a pretty foreign concept to me and partly because Edward seemed exceptionally good at the whole thing.’

‘After a short drive where I did my best to only subtly stare at the man…’ A gargantuan task!

Aww: ‘I was pretty sure it would go down as one of the best nights of my life. It made me realize there were so many more things I wanted with Edward. I wanted to hold his hand wherever I went and I wanted to bicker over the quality of wine at dinner every night. I wanted to split meals and listen to him talk about car statistics that went right over my head. I wanted it all.’ This is the kind of innocent daydreaming and optimism that most people get to experience in high school.

I enjoyed their discussion about dating “rules”, and Edward’s point that he hasn’t really dated since high school. Ugh, makes me wonder how often he took Irina to some flashy event. I'm guessing "the six" were firmly out of the public eye.

Oh my goodness, so THIS is what he’s waiting for:
"I want to do this right, Bella. The next time I make you mine I want you to know I love you. I want that scared look on your face when I say those words to disappear.”

I’m thinking this story will be more of the HEA part of their saga. Not angst-free, of course – how could that be with both Bella and the other prickly characters. But I look forward to seeing it unfold!
That'sMzPeachesTYVM chapter 23 . 2/8
I ran back to re-read the final chapter, and BOY,
am I ever glad I did...I somehow missed this one.
I have ZERO idea how that happened, except for
maybe it came through during this latest round of
notification failures from FFN? ️
I love that she is beginning to see how much she
will be able to have a family with Edward. That his
family accepts her, and she can find a mother and
father with Esme and Carlisle that can help heal
her heart.
*huggles*
TwiFanfictionRecs chapter 1 . 2/7
Easy has been nominated in the poll to find TwiFanfictionRecs' Top 10 fics completed in January on www . twifanfictionrecs . com
Pattsy1994 chapter 23 . 2/3
Bella, keep moving forward. Great chapter, thank you.
Pattsy1994 chapter 22 . 2/3
Why Charlie didn't a good beating is beyond me. Him and Renee deserved to be taken to court for child indangement, particularly Charlie. Edward did me proud by telling how lousy he was as a father and for punching Tyler's lights out.
Sheryl Bolton chapter 23 . 1/29
Fabulous story. I loved every minute reading both Bad Kind of Butterflies and Easy...
Sunflower Fran chapter 22 . 1/29
Omg. This Edward is the best. He adores Bella and would do anything in the world for her. He does inside thinking of her sad childhood, but he also knows how incredibly brave she is to have made it on her own.
Wonderfully uplifting chapter.
Sheryl Bolton chapter 18 . 1/29
I am really enjoying your story. Well written with great knowledge about this industry. I had to stop watching Flick on Amazon because the Publicist (Anna Paquin) ... the character has precious little redeeming qualities and your story is refreshing.
Sunflower Fran chapter 23 . 1/29
Yikes! I missed this chapter and thought the story ended when Bella left.
This was so perfect.
This family is all she needs.
1,474 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »