Reviews for Lovely Ugly Brutal World
Pen Liddin chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
Oh, good. Good good good. That last line from Vicious was m. Well written, exciting, perfect. Author of 14 stories eh? Let me go see
LittleRedDog chapter 1 . 1/12/2008
This is the second of your stories I have read and they are both well written. Not being familiar with the fandom I can't speak about the 'trueness' of your characters, however your story plots, dialogue, action, and scene descriptive skills are terrific. It's dificult to keep tension in a long action scene but, you did and I couldn't stop reading!
velshtein chapter 1 . 2/25/2007
Awesome! This was horribly enjoying and your attention to detail was amazing. Nice!
321 chapter 1 . 8/14/2006
Honestly the best piece of Cowboy Bebop fiction I have ever read. Ever. Your Spike and Vicious are perfection incarnate. The action and imagery and humour and dialogue was all stunning. The gang politics were fascinating. Never going to forget this one.
wellduh chapter 1 . 6/9/2006
Hell, this was written so long ago, but... wah. It's making me want to cry. Very much. Yeah. -_-
BlackLily chapter 1 . 6/4/2006
This is your fourth stery that I've had the pleasure of reading. I'm very taken with your writing style: it flows almost like water (Or dripping blood, if you'd prefer ;) ). The characters remain true to their archetypes in the show, and the ever-present element of danger and gunplay as opposed to dark reflections provides a stunning combination. Keep up the great work.
Eliott chapter 1 . 12/13/2005
Holy shit! I'd tell you how brilliant this was, but I'm sure you already know.

Fantastic. Absolutely fantastic.
Brokensword chapter 1 . 2/21/2004
Once again just perfect. The action is tense and well written, and the whole thing just flows well.
Hombre Secreto chapter 1 . 6/23/2003
WHOA! This is great! The action was stunning and incredibly well written. You also managed to keep up with the character's... character. Anyway, good job! I hope you keep writing!
NickelS chapter 1 . 6/4/2003
Once again, you present a masterfully stunning action fic. Oh yes.

I love the way you weave all the little details in, like the grenade Spike saves for the end, his lifting of the floor pass from the guy in the hall, etc, etc; I can't remember them all you know.

All that running, and all those floors gets a little repetitive after a while, but I can see how that stems from the situation that the characters are in, and there is always something new happening. Though it may seem a little lengthy, I can totally imagine this fic in its entirety as an intense Bebop chase episode.
Gemini14 chapter 1 . 6/3/2003
Great story! Is there going to be a sequel?
Philip chapter 1 . 5/27/2003
This was a very tight, well constructed read.

I am still woefully unfamiliar with the Bebop characters and universe, so cannot speak to the elemenets that may have required fore-knowledge, but I can say without equivocation that it kept my attention- and flowed quite nicely.

There were two outstanding elements of humor (for me), the pun [rust in puce] and the simile [like a child looking...]. These quite nicely punctuated the story in their respective areas.

You did a very good job of alternating the language, and providing a wide range of variety of both situations as well as descriptions where similarities existed.

Even your use of a somewhat 'cliched' concept (the whole time slow-down/speed-up during the final window leap scene) still was quite enjoyable, and managed to not be constrained by the commonality of said storytelling device. You skimmed it effectively.

I do not have a wide sampling of 'longer stories' from you, but I would definitely make time to peruse such things in the future, as a result of having read this.

In short, I enjoyed this.

Thank you for taking the time and effort to produce this quality piece. Your hard work and perseverance shines throughout.