Reviews for Dreams & Premonitions
somedude234 chapter 4 . 7/17
This is a good one
skyf0x chapter 4 . 7/8
I see the good concept. Will strange dreams help Shinji in the future? We see that reality differs from Shinji's dream. It's interesting and scary at the same time. But it adds cool dynamic for the story.

I must admit I don't understand how Hikari agreed to pilot. I can understand about Kensuke and Toji, but her reason... Well, I'm confused and frustrated like Asuka by this behaviour.

There was a lot of introduction for new pilots in those first chapters. A lot events described were about Kensuke, Toji and Hikari. I guess it's normal, but sometimes it was too much for my taste. Some things looked rushed, some things on the contrary looked overextended. Also it accidentally shifted attention from Shinji, Asuka and Rei, we didn't saw what they think about situation during these preactivation days. It was like they didn't interact at all, especially it's more about Shinji and Asuka.

I wonder why Asuka is unfazed by certains events and results of actions which would definitely make her mad in the canon? At least I'm glad she acted towards Shinji with respect for his piloting skill in the end, in her own way.

I like the simple style of narrating, well organised paragraphs and dialogues. I suppose this story is slow burner, since we spent so much time without new dreams & premonitions on Shinji's side. I'm interested to see where it will go, so I'm looking forward for more updates!
Greg242 chapter 4 . 7/7
Hm, I do believe that despite not being able to download a house, you can download the design papers of an house, so this is a 50/50 situation.

In all seriousness, nice chapter and I hope that more updates come in the future, but until then, see ya
deathbringer374 chapter 3 . 4/7
Mortal Kombat is my jam!

More of this.

I demand it.

PEACE.
Toasterman chapter 1 . 4/7
Nice twist ending. I'm digging it so far.
SliderTurtle chapter 2 . 12/22/2020
I like how the story is showing the perspectives of the other characters/pilots and not just Shinji and Asuka. Also I loved that little jab that Sakura gave to Toji near the end of the 2nd chapter lol
Fantasian chapter 2 . 10/25/2020
The grammar is good and the concept is intriguing.
I especially liked the part where Shinji and Asuka napped together, though if I may be so bold...
Would it be too much trouble to put an english translation of any german sentences Asuka says?
Please and thank you! _
Guest chapter 1 . 7/16/2020
The story so far is promising, i honestly cant say anything else everything to me is ok no grammar problems or less details problems. So yea I'm liking it so far let's see where it goes from now on looking forward for the next chapter.
Glory-To-Our-August-King chapter 1 . 7/16/2020
Other than the dream - we have a fairly standard start,(re-introducing characters and some of the mundanes in their everyday life) but with promises of more interesting deviations. Thank you for not wasting much time getting to the point.

I have always been fond of the idea of bringing in Kensuke and Hikari as pilots. Especially the former since there is much potential for growing his character as his childish fantasies of war and being an Eva pilot are shattered by his experiences with it. Hikari is interesting because she is rather timid and conscientious, which can get in the way during a battle when her co-pilots need decisive action from her the most.

The characters were fine and, at a surface level, completely themselves. The challenge will be how to write them when their situations change from canon. I have faith in you.

As far as your writing: it is competent for a nascent writer. Although it is redundant in many places, which makes some paragraphs cumbersome to read. You can message me for specific examples if you like. In the end, I believe having a beta reader or two would be immensely helpful.

Either way, I did enjoy this and I look forward to your future updates. Thank you.
Traitor of All Traitors chapter 4 . 6/29/2020
What are you talking about? You had Shinji save Toji! You have no idea how many writers I read the work of that go down that route have either impressed me when they saved his life or disappointed me when they choose to sacrifice his life.
Traitor of All Traitors chapter 3 . 6/3/2020
You saved Toji! Good job! Thank!
Orcalalot chapter 3 . 5/31/2020
If you have any feedback, good or bad, please let me know so I don't keep making the same mistakes over and over again.
Orcalalot chapter 2 . 5/28/2020
Yo guys, working on chapter 3's rough draft right, may take a bit cause I'm just starting. I had the first two chapters finished way before.
Traitor of All Traitors chapter 2 . 5/28/2020
He should've just said no. His sister has more sense than him.
Author0fntent chapter 2 . 5/27/2020
Well this is certainly different from how the episode went.