Reviews for Thursday
nancyramos07 chapter 1 . 11/13/2020
That was emotional, but I loved it!
Teaismyqueen chapter 1 . 6/2/2020
This was a really fantastic complimentary piece to Ripple Effect. I love your writing style and how you portrayed Henry's pain whilst he waited for his turn. Bravo
NYElizabeth chapter 1 . 6/1/2020
this pulled at my heart ! well written !
princessitsy chapter 1 . 6/1/2020
Oh wow oh wow. This universe just hurts so good I love that you wrote a little offshoot of it. I adore seeing it play out this way instead of how it went in the original (though I love that too of course).

Henry's pain at watching all his children talk to Elizabeth first...be still my heart. This is just drenched in hurt, but also hopeful.
Brendalwood chapter 1 . 5/29/2020
Holy moly this was Intense and I thought she was dead. The way you made the parallel with each of the kids and how Henry sees Elizabeth in each of them.
lil'mousie323 chapter 1 . 5/29/2020
This was a beautifully written snippet into what their life may have been like at home while Elizabeth was away. Thank you so much for this, and thanks to no adhesive ness for letting you share a snippet spun off of her story!
Kimesita chapter 1 . 5/29/2020
Wow! Well done:)
nancy.ramos chapter 1 . 5/29/2020
Ok, I wasn’t crying at all! I liked your version for Stevie’ Birthday. I wish their was more!
Guest chapter 1 . 5/29/2020
I love it! Such an agonizingly beautiful chapter. A perfect addition to one of my favorite stories. Thank you.
nonadhesiveness chapter 1 . 5/29/2020
You already know how much I love this story. It really is beautifully written and captures the essence of RE so well, staying true to the characters’ experiences whilst taking the story in a new direction (one that I’d love to read more of, even though I know this is a one-shot).

I think you did an amazing job with keeping the tension throughout. I was eager to rush through it and find out what happened—would Henry get to speak to Elizabeth, what would they say to one another, why hadn’t the kids spoken at all during their turns on the phone—but at the same time I wanted to savour each moment and for it never to end.

I love the detail about Stevie choosing to watch Beauty and the Beast. I toyed a lot with the idea of Stevie growing up during RE—moving between the cusp of childhood and adulthood—and I think you showing her finding comfort in something from childhood whilst celebrating a birthday and becoming a year older was a great contrast. I also liked how, in a way, Beauty and the Beast ties into Stevie’s notion of her parents’ ‘fairytale romance’.

I love how you used the ‘fly or fall’ phrase, that you made it into a leap of faith, a positive step for Elizabeth, but also a source of hope that Henry can cling to and that enables him to push through all his worries and to look after the kids, knowing that Elizabeth is coming back to him. I think you captured Henry’s need to be a protector really well—feeling like comforting/supporting the kids/Elizabeth is his job. I like how it’s Elizabeth’s call that enables him to feel capable of returning to fulfilling that role. To me, that shows the healthy interdependence in their relationship, how their roles are entwined and how they support each other to be the people they want to be.

And the different facets of Elizabeth that Henry sees in each of the kids! That section was perfect! And the way he interacts with each of them! You did an amazing job of bringing out each of their individual personalities, and you made Henry’s relationship with each of them feel unique. I think it’s so easy to shove all the kids into one group and treat them all the same (something I confess I’m often guilty of), but you really brought out their differences in a way that felt subtle and authentic.

I could go on and on, praising every line, but this review is already practically an essay (albeit a rambling, unfocused one). This piece fills me with warm, fuzzy feelings! Thank you so much for writing it and for sharing it. : )
Laineyvb131 chapter 1 . 5/29/2020
Nonadhesiveness should be proud. This is beautiful.
Hetwaszoietsals chapter 1 . 5/29/2020