Reviews for Two Roads Diverged
AmunRa chapter 28 . 9/13/2023
I've been reading this silently, dreading getting closer to chapter 45, which is the last one you posted a bit over a year ago. But just wanted to pop in and say "OMG, this story is amazing!".

I had my doubts... I liked the alternate reality you created, and I especially liked how you had them all converge at Mount Atago. When Kenichi came, I almost stopped reading. I thought "here we go, it's going to get domestic from now on", but you proved me wrong. It did get slightly domestic, but I loved the dichotomy between that and the interludes of Kenshin at war. I would have liked to see more of a conflict between Tomoe and Kenshin when he first found out about what she'd done, and between Kenshin and the Yaminobou when they had Tomoe and Kenichi, but not everyone is a sucker for hurt/comfort like I am. Hiko coming to the rescue was a bit too neat and tidy in my opinion.

Ahem, anyway, all of this to say that I am in love with this story, I look forward to reading it, and I really do hope that there is an end somewhere in sight. I've left stories dangling for years myself, so I totally understand what it's like to get stuck or lose interest. I really, really hope you come back to this one.
Sage of Legends chapter 45 . 9/9/2023
I dmed emma and she said hopefully it should start in january due to personal reasons for her i hope its no problem for her if i share this
Boitoon99 chapter 45 . 8/24/2023
So, the whole summer update thing was a complete lie.

The story seems to be dead.
Pervy sage chapter 45 . 5/26/2023
Good news on her ao3 the author says the story is going to start up again this summer
Streema chapter 45 . 4/30/2023
I love your story! When would I have the pleasure to read the next?
Kodachi Claws chapter 30 . 2/26/2023
This arc has a nice slow and steady ride.

It was always interesting to see things from Hiko’s point of view, and as I said before I may somewhat disagree with him, but I also understand his POV. Even so it looks like he accepts he can’t control what happens in the world and knows he has to adapt. Seems Kenshin’s ideals are also rubbing off on him.

I also feel for Enishi here. I like that he now wants to be there for his Dad, and glad to see Hiko was very understanding. This Enishi is certainly going to be very different from his canon counterpart.

I also enjoyed how Yumi and Tomoe developed a friendship, although in conversations with others if someone asks how they met it would get especially awkward.

As for Shishio being dead, the fact you’ve had to repeat it so many times is very sus XD.

“Would the government lie?” I never thought a Reverse-Alex Jones would be possible, but I guess stranger things have happened (joking).

Be back soon!
Kodachi Claws chapter 29 . 2/25/2023
Hi again.

I’m liking this slow build-up to this AU, especially Hiko’s development.

Also commend you on your research. I’ve been watching a lot of shorts from Let’s Ask Shogo on Youtube, one of which covered how despite being top dog pre-meji samurai earned very little money (as Yukishiro pointed out). It’s an interesting system, and to be honest I’d like a form of that to come back, but I guess that’s a political discussion more appropriate elsewhere.

I would personally correct Hiko slightly that the world as a whole often changes for the better, though often imperfectly and with lots of collateral. But in his defense he’s a Japanese man in the 1800s who had never known the world outside his country and never had the means to, so it’s perfectly understandable.
Kodachi Claws chapter 26 . 2/24/2023
Kenshin’s proposal to meet with Yumi went as awkward as I expected, but the actual meeting went over pretty well.

Also liked the conversation between Hiko and Yukishiro. It was good to see him drop his walls if only for a moment.

I think most of us can relate to Hiko on some level, having neighbors/peers we care nothing for and at times want to live away from everything.

Looking forward to the next!
airauralintensity chapter 45 . 1/30/2023
yokohama, perhaps? eyes emoji

the kenyumi content omg i am living i am thriving. as soon as you set the mood, i won. whether he gave in or he stayed strong, i would have cause to celebrate. AND THEN YUMI'S ENTREATY! i only know joy! i cannot wait to read what happens next frfr thank you again for -checks notes- literally everything that you're doing here.
airauralintensity chapter 44 . 1/30/2023
asking for myself and only 49% joking - if you don't want to/can't/won't write the kenshin-tomoe-yumi ot3 scene, can i? [pleading emoji] [prayer hands emoji] [person dogeza-ing emoji] it's what they deserveeee

really looking forward to the new arc btw :) is it also gonna be named after/centered on a location? i wonder where we're headed next!
airauralintensity chapter 26 . 1/27/2023
ah, i was impatient! the cutesy k/t times were in this chapter.
i'm all for tomoe getting some female friends her age. that's hashtag healing frfr
airauralintensity chapter 25 . 1/27/2023
kinda overdue comment, but i like it when you use the taste of sake to hint at kenshin's mental state
airauralintensity chapter 23 . 1/27/2023
posting this with the full understanding that i have no clue what i'm talking about (i have only seen the movies -;;), but i wish it was kenshin shogi-dueling with the FIL. the subtle k/t moments and the way he refused to hide or lie about his history are ofc soo cute, but it would have been nice reading something active and from his pov for the first meeting. k/t all over this fic and yet i misssss themmmmmm.

that being said i would like to echo everyone's sentiments: thank you for creating a compelling, historically accurate, and funny what-if!
airauralintensity chapter 8 . 1/24/2023
murder mountain, charlie!

i hope you had as much fun writing enishi as i did reading him haha
TangoCat chapter 34 . 1/18/2023
Its so fascinating on how you depict the theme of Change in the story and how each characters approach to it. Amazes me every time I come back here for a re-read that every little details here and there are full with things that make the characters human and alive.