Reviews for Patchwork Family
orchid14 chapter 11 . 2/25
It was a fun read! Thanks for the story! After every crap Kenshin's been through, it's nice to see him happy.
orchid14 chapter 6 . 2/25
I think Kenshin and Kaoru's fluffyness here is good enough though. Sometimes all they need is perfect silent in mutual understanding while watching beautiful sunset. That sounds lovely to me.
orchid14 chapter 3 . 2/25
Kaoru is a little bit OOC in here, but I guess that's fine. Thanks!
orchid14 chapter 2 . 2/25
KenKao are so sweet in this chapter!
orchid14 chapter 1 . 2/24
Excellent beginning! I'm sure Soujirou's fans are very happy
satomika chapter 10 . 8/28/2014
Huhuhu

I thought this one has a sequel...?

Anyway, this is the second time I have read this, And i really, really, really look forward to a sequel and Saitou being involved .
enchanted nightingale chapter 3 . 8/25/2013
Brilliant chapter!
Lau chapter 10 . 2/7/2012
So many years ago, when I first watched RK, I wanted something like this to happen. (Obviously, it didn't much to my sadness :( ).

Then I thought I wanted to read a fic like this, where Sou could join somehow the Kenshingumi and they would accept him in their group. I thought it could be completely posible, just as you proved it. For a while I thought I could write something like this, but it soon became obvious I just didn't have the skill to pull it through. And then I found your fic.

It is perfect. The most perfect RK fic I have ever read. Just as I vaguely had imagined (no, it's even better!), with all the gang (even Misao and Aoshi!) and so perfectly written. I love everything about it: everyone is in character, the pace, the slow development of family sense, the warm and happiness found in the end. Even those little glimpses of their fighting abilities were nicely done.

It feels a little unfair I can't say anything more for such a great acomplishment, but believe me when I tell you this story will remain with me for a long long time. I'm only sorry I didn't find this sooner.

So, thank you, and congratulations for having created such a marvelous piece of art.

Good job, and good luck!
pterion chapter 11 . 11/17/2011
Thank you... For writing this incredible and beautiful heartwarming story. This has got to be the best Soujiro/Kenshin-gumi centered fic out there. I love how Kaoru is so wise, compassionate and very mature in this fic as well as Aoshi's emotions (i personally love Admiration the most)... Genius! If you ever write another RK fic, i'd definitely check it out...for real! :D
ashley chapter 1 . 6/4/2010
great story! loved it!
JMai chapter 11 . 5/14/2009
Gosh, it's been years since I last read this story. You probably won't remember me but I use to review this story under the name "Jen".

This story really left an impression on me, even after all these years I remember how great of a story it was and couldn't help but re-read it for the third time.

Again, I would like to say thank you for writing this marvelous story, I really had a great time reading it (no matter how many times). It's a shame that the sequel never ended up being written, but I think this story alone was enough to leave readers satisfied with the ending.

Well, enough of my rambling. I just had to reinstate how great of a story this is. Till the next time you decide to write.
maruyama chapter 10 . 2/14/2009
YOU ARE A GENIUS! THRRE IS NO OTHER EXPLANATION!
skenshingumi chapter 11 . 12/10/2008
I really enjoyed your story. Kaoru was a bit too perfect but overall I thought you kept everyone well in character. I can't count Aoshi's thoughts as in or out of character since from external appearances he is a bit of cipher. I really liked how you portrayed Kenshin and his interactions with all of the characters seemed very genuine. I look forward to the sequel!
skenshingumi chapter 9 . 12/10/2008
Well, you amazingly managed to make Aoshi funny even if against his better judgement and inner peace. My favorite part though was definitely the scene between Sano and Kenshin. It felt natural to the characters and still managed to make the point about hidden feelings, The Aoshi-Kaoru interaction, while amusing, seemed more forced.
skenshingumi chapter 8 . 12/9/2008
After saintly Kaoru last chapter it was nice to get the rash and sometimes disconcerted one back. I really liked that sweet little bit where Kenshin throws her off stride by calling her her name. Most favorite lines: "Kenshin smiled at her affectionately. This was the Kaoru he was used to dealing with, the one who had a tendency towards rash actions based on her good intentions. The Kaoru of the previous night was someone he hadn’t met before, not that she was any less appealing than her normal self. It was almost scary to think about how much Kaoru really knew underneath her “crazy, bokken-wielding, Raccoon girl” persona. Aren’t we a pair? We both rarely show the real “us” to the rest of the world."