Reviews for Digging Upward
Alcuzey chapter 1 . 18h
Every single time I get an email notification, I keep hoping it is an update for this story! :) Please come back when you can! Miss your prose!
Laetitia-chan chapter 26 . 10/19
Moue, Rand sort les pagaies. C'est quand même un gros con mais sur le coup il est gentil et profite pas de notre blondinet.
J espère que Zack va pas faire de conneries vu que cloud ne répond pas et qu aerith se tire.
Vivement le prochain chapitre.
Bisous
Jaydee. I’m so glad you’re continuing this on. And I’m so happy I’m finally getting caught up. My sister and I still bring this series up CONSTANTLY and we’re ALWAYS talking about it to this day!

All I have to say is There’s goes Rand! Fucking everything up again! Rrruughh... I HATE HIM... even tho he’s dead he won’t freaking stay dead! Lol! I e never hated like I hate him. Haha

Anyways, keep it up, friendo! I’ll see this story through to the end. _
keyblader41996 chapter 26 . 10/15
How ironic that all I wanted was for Cloud or Zack to just fuck Rand up. And then he was dead and it was really dissatisfying. And now that he's alive again it's worse lmao

I can't even think of anything else to say lmao. i'm DEAD. I'm SHOOK. Can't wait for more.
keyblader41996 chapter 25 . 10/15
HE WENT BACK WHAT THE FUCK!

FUCKING RAND I HATE RAND I HATE HIM I HATE HIM I HATE HIM!

AAAAAAH

ANGERY!
keyblader41996 chapter 24 . 10/15
LKAJSFIJHWFKDJEWFEFZW

JAYDEE I CAN'T OMGGGGG

I'M DEAD I'M DECEASED

FUCKING RAND! ASJKDFLJAFKLAJSKFJDS
keyblader41996 chapter 23 . 10/15
Ohhh my gosh I called it! I KNEW that Hojo was gonna do some fucked up shit with Cloud's samples I just KNEW it! He's repeating his Lucrecia and Sephiroth project. SHIT.

I'm so not excited for Cloud's road trip. Going that close to Gongaga feels . . . like a bad idea. I can't wait to see how all this plays out.

Also, it's finally out in the open - why Kunsel's been shitty to Cloud. He blames Cloud for Zack's distractions, which are preventing him from taking care of Aerith. Hopefully Aerith and Zack endure. I'd hate for them to break up because Cloud will only blame himself for it.
Scribhneoir45 chapter 26 . 10/15
Hi Jaydee. Sorry for not reviewing the last chapter. I've pretty much had some of the worst weeks of my life. I ended up leaving the new job because the commute was awful and am now left without a job and a bad reputation in my industry :(

Aaaaaanyway, these two chapters have been amazing. My head is literally spinning after this latest one. I just... Rand... Aaaaagh. He is so manipulative and complex. I love it. Got a lot of enjoyment out of Cloud throwing everything in his face. It was nice for Rand to witness how much he's destroyed him mentally. At the same time, it's unnerving that he seems to still have control over him. I can't wait to see what comes next.

And poor Zack. I feel for both him and Aerith.

Anyway thanks for one good thing in this miserable time.

Looking forward to more.
Scribh x
Frankokomando chapter 26 . 10/14
Legit thought Rand was going to answer that phone. ew. Poor Zack! His is life is crumbling before his eyes :(
keyblader41996 chapter 22 . 10/14
UGH GET FUCKED, RAND
keyblader41996 chapter 21 . 10/14
NO NO NO NO NO NO

Don't get pulled in to his bullshit, Cloud! FUCKING RAND! RRRRRGH!

I love how Reno manages to always turn something serious into something less serious. I loved that he and Cloud were able to at least share a joke after something super serious happened.

I. HATE. RAND.
The Backwater Experts chapter 26 . 10/14
how on earth do you work through this many complex emotions and situations so masterfully in every chapter? ffvii fandom hit the jackpot with the best fanfic writer for sure hehe

I'm surprised aerith feels the way she does about biological children, considering both she and zack were adopted and don't consider the parents who raised them as lesser family or something. plus, zack's worried before about the possible long term affects of hojo's experimentation and what that might've done to his own genetics... not to mention aerith's not entirely human either... n.n;
tbh pregnancy between those two was always gonna be risky business and like zack said, not even a necessary one to take to make a family :c
I feel like she does need some time for herself though. since zack crashed back into her life unexpectedly she hasn't been able to make many decisions for herself 'cause she's too busy supporting him.

and zack! he always has the worst timing to be unavailable when cloud needs him most. so frustrating aaaaaa! I'm worried what's gonna happen with them next. will cloud be able to get in contact with zack before either of them has a breakdown? will he still have the nerve and opportunity to tell him everything? or is the miscommunication and their stress gonna cause an argument? will one or both of them do something really dumb because of it? really feels like they're both teetering on the edge D:

also god, rand is such a slimy bastard. despite what a show he makes of his remorse he still thinks he has the right to constantly invade cloud's very clear boundaries and make decisions for him. I hate him! so much!
kunsel's starting to annoy me too, he's so malicious all the time. hope he doesn't chase aerith to the workshop or something like a creep rjfiohoirwjrfjiodk

anyways, hope you're doing well and staying safe! can't wait until the next one as always :D
p.s. do you still listen to music when you write? karma by AJR makes me think of cloud and zack every time I hear it!
keyblader41996 chapter 20 . 10/14
Oof.

Wow. Fucking Marco hitting hard.

This is a testament to how good your writing is. Cloud tries so hard to keep everything inside and not let anyone know about the traumas he went through and how hard of a time he's having getting through it. The moment we find out that Marco knows more than he's letting on, and he's doing things that are accidentally upsetting Cloud, I want to scream, "STOP! CAN'T YOU SEE WHAT'S WRONG?! CAN'T YOU SEE WHAT HE WENT THROUGH?!" But he can't because of Cloud's secrecy. Then I also want to scream, "YOU'RE TWO SECONDS AWAY FROM GUESSING IT, MARCO! JUST GUESS IT SO CLOUD CAN GET IT OFF HIS CHEST!" Like, that anticipation you're so good at creating just makes me feel a lot of things.

Fucking Rand. I wasn't ready to hear what he had to say anyway. He can choke (and probably did) (On Mako).
keyblader41996 chapter 19 . 10/14
Wow. This chapter hit me hard.

I don't even know if I can wrap my head around everything I feel after this one. His flashbacks made me pity him so much. He lets it slip out, that Rand ruined everything, but it kind of summarizes everything that he's struggling with. He can't have relationships without them being ruined by images of Rand and on guard from Rand's manipulation. He can't do normal things without having to think about him. it's horrible.

Damn. I can't wait to read more.
keyblader41996 chapter 18 . 10/14
This chapter had me laughing one minute and then upset the next and then it ended in a really heartfelt way that I enjoyed.

I hope that what Cloud said gave Kunsel whatever closure he was looking for. I wish Kunsel could see just how similar he and Cloud are. They were both manipulated by Shinra, they both lost everything to Shinra's hands, etc. Though Cloud's plights are a little worse than the worst that Kunsel went though, it would do Kunsel good to realize that Cloud is not his enemy. It's Shinra.

I have a weird suspicion that Kunsel is going to seek revenge . . . hmm . . .

The dinner was so cute and awesome and I loved Reno trying not to swear in front of Marlene. He taught her Snitches get Stitches LMAOOOOOO!