Reviews for The Color of Summer
Bye bye
abbynicks126 chapter 11 . 10/17
update plz
Naruru chapter 11 . 10/7
And you Guest-san bellow are a coward. You can read don't you? Then you must have read the Author note on the first chapter and know what this fic will be entailed, yet if you still read it even when you didn't like the contents then is no one but you're own faults. Same for those who spewed homophobic comments. The rules are simple, Don't like it? Then don't read it! Do not blame the Author for your own ignorance. Stop insulting people for your own stupidity.

Author-san your story is great! Never doubt that. Natsume is by far the bestes OC I've ever read! Can't wait for the next chapter~
I love your work very much! Thank you 3
Natsume the gay child oc created by a pedophile
Knidew chapter 11 . 10/5
Natsume cares so much for naruto 3 I wonder if he'll actually get friends, he looks so lonely.
SteadfastWhiplash chapter 2 . 10/3
Just thought I'd point out that envy is greater than jealousy, not the reverse. Not important, just something to know.
CynthiaRosenDale chapter 10 . 10/1
Oooh I'm really loving this fic! It's very well-written and I love how you're developing the story. It's sad to hear about the homophobic comments, and sadly it's a pretty common thing to see especially in a community that isn't regulated nor does tags.
CynthiaRosenDale chapter 6 . 10/1
Is Natsume ever going to be able to speak more articulately or at least 'normally'? I understand that he and Naruto has had no one to teach them how to speak well in Japanese at the beginning, but they both have teachers now and examples. Reading the dialogue is becoming pretty difficult without mentally correcting each and every mistake they make sighh.
CynthiaRosenDale chapter 1 . 10/1
Hope this Natsume ends up in a slash pairing, praying desperately
This-Mickey-Seems-Iffy chapter 1 . 9/26
Bisexual! Damn not gonna bother reading and risk mc pairing with some dude.
cuervooscuro22 chapter 11 . 9/26
Nice!
Gouravsilentreader chapter 11 . 9/25
Awesome and interesting story
Love it so far
Waiting for next part eagerly
Please update soon
coldblue2015 chapter 11 . 9/24
Thanks for updating and this was a great chapter!

Natsume Uzumaki:

Natsume seems to be training well with Genma. He revealed to Genma that he is a Natural Charka Sensor, probably something to do with his Uzumaki heritage or Kyubi being sealed in Natsume. Natsume was given more of a survivalist training/teaching method by Genma in this chapter. There was nothing wrong with Natsume learning to wash his cloths and even getting naked. Nothing wrong there. The hardest part this chapter was Natsume learning to eat other animals, especially rabbits. It was interesting to read how Natsume starting Fuinjutsu and Genma being a great starter teacher on his education into the sealing arts. Genma even gave Natsume a slight run down of politics/border patrol, with Natsume training OUTSIDE of Konoha being a C-Rank mission. Of course, Natsume not all about thinking Konoha is his Home. Naruto is where Natsume feels at home with and is his only family member he cares about. Still, I did love how Natsume did miss training Maito Gai. I do like that Shisui Uchiha is actually helping Natsume with taking care of Naruto as he trains. It showing that Natsume does have support with a small group of people in his community. Nice touch with Charka Control slowly getting developed by Natsume and actually used to keep his Body Temperature while deal with harsh environmental places, such as getting near Suna desert.

Questions

1) Should we expect some Time Skip in the future?

2) Will Natsume Kenjutsu training grow by learning under Gekko Hayate or Yugao Uzuki, such as Dance of the Crescent Moon and make his own unique variation of the technique?

3) Are we going to read Natsume develop Charka Chains in the future and will it only be used for Fuinjutsu or actual Ninjutsu?

4) Have you consider Natsume Uzumaki own Animal Summons contract being the Salamander Contract?

Suggestions

1) Kind of. I do not expect Natsume to be super strong, but more as Cannon progresses and we figure out the Time Line. Right now, the Uchiha Massacre has NOT happen, yet. I do know once that event happens, Cannon of "Naruto" will pick up quickly. I kind of hope Natsume does have a few chapters where he deals with his own UNIQUE Missions and potential promotion to Chunin to Tokubetsu Jonin level. I presume Tokubetsu/Special Jonin, because Natsume is going to be a budding Fuinjutsu Master in Konoha.

2) Personally? I want Yugao Uzuki to help train Natsume Uzumaki in Kenjutsu style, Dance of the Crescent Moon. This sort of give us a Female Character that Natsume can befriend and look up to. Sort even adding Yugao own skills and passing them on to Natsume. Dance of the Crescent Moon is interesting Kenjutsu style known in Konoha, but Yugao Uzuki and Hayate Gekko have two different techniques. Hayate uses a different technique called Secret Sword: Moonlight, while Yugao uses a different technique called Hazy Moon Night. Perhaps Natsume could create his own UNIQUE Kenjutsu technique after mastering the Basic of the Dance of the Crescent Moon.

3) That up to you, but I love the idea of Natsume Uzumaki developing into a Uzumaki Prodigy and uses most unique/special skills that Uzumaki Shinobi are capable of. I kind of hope the Charka Chains can be used outside of Fuinjutsu, but the Charka Chains should be useful in Fuinjutsu. It would be great if Natsume Uzumaki can use Elemental Charka Affinity mixed with his Charka Chains to make a more damaging Mid-range technique.

4) That would be great. Nobody ever considers the Salamander Contract out of Animal Contracts or explore that the Salamander Contract could equal to the Toad, Snake or Slug Contracts. It would be great if Natsume could use Reverse Animal Summons jutsu to find his own Animal Summons and go through a trial to be this Animal Summons very own Summoner. Hanzo the Salamander made the Sannin famous and was strong shinobi, so that could parallel into showing or foreshadowing the potential that Natsume Uzumaki could reach...a Kage level Shinobi.

Keep up the good work, stay healthy and stay safe.
1freakshow chapter 11 . 9/24
So happy you’ve update a lot of writers have stopped, and since this is one of my favorite stories I’m glad your still continuing, I also hope you’ve been well during these times. Good luck on your next update
JustDusty chapter 11 . 9/24
Are you ever going to expose Naruto to the harshness of the world? is there gonna be a timeskip or are you still going with the day by day thing