Reviews for Yours in Rememberance
Rhys chapter 1 . 11/9/2004
Ooh, chilling. Such a hopeful look at desperation! The details you imparted were lovely, and I think quite fitting in an elven letter. You can really get a sense of Thranduil's grief and pride here. It's so very touching! The way you wove the history of the battle into the letter was eloquent; you didn't waste breath explaining it needlessly, but you dropped enough details that it was easily understood. I loved your portrayal of Thranduil here! Brilliant.
Linmenel chapter 1 . 1/5/2004
You write beautifully. Well done.
Saruki chapter 1 . 12/27/2003
Brilliant. I recognized the ending line from 1776, since I saw the show preformed at a local theater. _ I love your description of, “His crown of gold and leaves glittered bright upon his brow”, as well as the death of Thranduil’s father. Very well done!
Andrew Adderdice chapter 1 . 5/28/2003
"Letters Home from Mount Doom"... wow. Incredible idea, and utterly perfect for Memorial Day. I can't see how this will not win. Excellent work as always, Vikki. No complaints from this end.
Dot1 chapter 1 . 5/27/2003
OMG, that was beautiful! It was so well-written, you really portray not only Thranduil's grief but his love for and pride in his father. There is also a sense of anger and regret that they had to battle alone. So short, yet you really touched on every emotion. Wonderful!:)
Julie chapter 1 . 5/27/2003
That was really good. You could feel the character's pain. keep it up.
Sphinx chapter 1 . 5/27/2003
One of the most touching pieces I've ever read. Superb is all I can say. rnrn I congratulate you.