Reviews for The Spectacular Story
Thormaster69 chapter 1 . 4/24
UPDATE: Ok I know it's been a while but I'm sad to say that the next chapter might take a while to come. Right now, for the next month or so, I'll be kinda busy with not much time to write. But I'll try my best to get a new chapter out as soon as I can so please be patient!
Spidey-Man chapter 5 . 4/7
UPDATE! I gotta know whats gonna happen to my boi spidey!
Percyfanjackson chapter 5 . 3/8
Update! I need to see whats gonna happen!
Spectacular Webhead 11 chapter 5 . 2/24
Pferdeparadies chapter 5 . 2/2
Oh I love this story a lot and I am very excited to see, how it will continue :D!
Spidey-Man chapter 5 . 1/14
Update pls, this is amazing. I wanna c spidey get back up from his injuries and near death whoop their ass webhead style.
Avenger2003 chapter 5 . 12/30/2020
Really great story and am really hoping for more. I am also anxious to see how Peter survives and how he will eventually beat all of his villains yet again. Please do continue. faved and followed :)
JPrime chapter 5 . 12/30/2020
Awesome! How will Peter recover?
matute66 chapter 5 . 12/30/2020
When will the next episode come out?
matute66 chapter 4 . 12/27/2020
Great story, I can't wait for the continuation, when will you release the next chapter?
Bigou chapter 4 . 10/13/2020
Very nice story so far. Can't wait to read the 5th chapter/episode.

Note: A true 3th season wouldn't have the Fantastic Four, as Sony never had their rights. Speaking of Sony, the only reason why they didn't do a 3th season is because, somehow, when Disney absorbed Marvel, they also regained the rights to animated version of Spider-man. (Which I don't understand, since Sony still have the movies rights, which include animated movies like new generations/into the Spider-verse.)
JPrime chapter 4 . 9/29/2020
Nice! Can'take wait for the next one.
Kodachi Claws chapter 3 . 9/24/2020
Okay. So, I do like a lot of the set-up here.

I think Mark and MJs break-up was the best part of this chapter. It was fleshed out and the dialogue was pretty good.

I think Peter and MJ could have benefitted if they talked more in depth, and I think Flash’s turnaround was out of nowhere. Yes, he was evolving from the bully jock he used to be, but he still didn’t like Peter all that much in the end. In the comics, their friendship was built up gradually as Flash grew up, particularly when he joined the army.

Maybe it would be better if Flash simply started leaving Peter alone/not be as abrasive with him, and maybe explaining their history to She Shan.

I liked the red hearing with the Iguana not being Connors, and I’m glad Peter and Gwen are still close.

And it seems Warren is already the Jackal. On one hand, the show pulled this off well with the Green Goblin, but they already dropped strong hints that he was the bad guy. Here, it just seems out of left field.

I’d say for the future, take your time when writing. You want to imagine that you’re trying to duplicate the audience WATCHING a tv show and be as detailed as possible.

Good luck to you in the future.
Kodachi Claws chapter 2 . 9/22/2020
The writing really improved in this chapter! You’re doing a better job at describing the situations (clothes, fight scenes, etc) and the fight scenes were pretty good too!

A few things to watch out for: When you use quotation marks, you need to make sure they end when a character finishes a sentence. I spotted a lot of that had a beginning q mark and no end, or after said character stopped talking.

Also, when a character is thinking, not speaking, I’d recommend putting those words in italics to show the difference. Don’t want to give the impression your characters are schizo.
Kodachi Claws chapter 1 . 9/21/2020
Hey. Right now, I’m checking out other people’s work on a possible SSM season 3, and I stumbled across yours.

So far, the basis of the story is solid, picking up right where season 2 left off. I think almost everyone assumes that Pete would begin to doubt himself (again). At first, a part of me was a bit bummed that there wasn’t a major villain, but at the end I liked it for that.

However, some plot points seemed a bit forced. Why is everyone suddenly calling Spider-Man a menace when that hadn’t been done before? I get that JJ’s fear-mongering has a negative impact on Spider-Man, but it usually didn’t escalate to that level. I feel the civilians need a specific reason to shout at Spider-Man, like maybe a recent fight with a super-villain caused so much collateral damage that it’s beginning to scare them.

And I think Captain Stacy would be more likely to have a conversation with Spider-Man. I think that works better, as he could say it in a way that looks out for Spidey’s well-being (especially since it’s obvious he knows who he is).

You also neglected many of Peter’s supporting cast. I know they don’t have to be in every episode, but this would be a good point to see where everyone is at. Did Flash’s leg heal? How is Liz doing after her break up? I liked that Weisman made the lives of Peter’s peers matter and parallel his own.

I’m a bit iffy about crossovers with other Marvel characters. I know this has a history in official Marvel canon, but given the rights issues regarding Spider-Man, I kind of like the idea of making the series Spidey-exclusive.

Lastly, while the overall writing is good, I feel you are rushing things. Neglecting important characters and events is one, but I think your descriptions lack detail. Like what is a character’s facial expression? What were their deep thoughts? Are they doing little things like tipping their hats? I feel being more detailed will help your story immensely.