Reviews for Between the Devil and the Deep
PrayerGirl chapter 14 . 9/23
This was a very good but sad story!
KureNo11 chapter 10 . 7/16
I looove Kenshin and Kaoru when they're having a quarrel. it's amusing *lol
Yorushike chapter 14 . 6/16
Hi,
I personally preferred this ending. Too many decend authors wreck their stories by writing the endings they think their readers want to read and although that's all nice and well it normally tends to lower, not raise the value of a story.
I enjoyed this story quite a bit.
Greetings Yorushike
Guest chapter 14 . 7/4/2015
I thought the story was great! i really enjoyed reading it, and that the ending made sense, (even though i am a total romantic and would have enjoyed a happy ending) the only parts i think you should have expanded on are the relationship between Misao and Aoshi, you made it seem like there would have at least been a conversation between them about thier feelings, but you left the readers hanging there. The second part that you built up but left unfinished is with Kaoru and the rape, when she attempted to distract kenshin in the begginning you made it clear that she still has obviouse issues, and then you mentioned it agian when she was fevered, and made is seem like there might be a conversation later on or some more intamacy that then helps her to overcome, however there is nothing. Besides those two points,(that really arn't all that importaint int he long run) I thoroughly enjoyed reading your storyline, and thought it was unique and creative. thankyou!~Wisp
Guest chapter 14 . 2/2/2015
Good story you really know your stuff. but I'm one of the few who would abandon everything for love. as would my mother.
CaylieJelly chapter 14 . 1/4/2014
I really love this story! It's great to see a strong kick ass Kaoru. And I loved the way you portrayed them as well as the setting and the circumstances. I love it! I love the way you ended it. It's so sensible, the pang of reality is there. And I know this written a decade ago but if ever the author reads this, I would like to express my gratitude to you for creating such amazing story and for sharing your talent to all the RK fanfics readers.
the Dah chapter 14 . 7/4/2013
Kinda refreshing to see an ending like that. It's just open to possibilities for later development and at the same time quite right choise for the current situation. Very good story all in all. Thank you for sharing!
the Dah chapter 4 . 7/4/2013
Ohohohoo. Your author's notes are priceless. What would I give to read a fic where Kaoru would save a swooning Kenshin from the trouble... and yes, Badass Kaoru is awesome and the chapter was very good indeed.
chibi heishi chapter 11 . 8/2/2012
*dies laughing* Oh, God, Saitoh is WHIPPED! hahaha
himurasan chapter 8 . 1/19/2012
why is kenshin a punk in this story? I'm really hoping he unleashes some destruction sometime soon.
TricksterBoo chapter 14 . 11/3/2010
This story is amazing! I'm sorry that I didn't read it earlier. I agree with your reasoning as to why it ended on that particular note. In fact, I congratulate you for your guts on doing it. But of course I'd like to see them get their happily ever after, so be sure to see my review on the sequel! (Perfect solution, by the way ;))
J Luc Pitard chapter 14 . 10/2/2010
Fun adventure! The romance- unresolved as it is left in the end- was lovely and true to the characters as you wrote them. Of course, I love a strong Kaoru as much as the next rabid fan, but what of either of their attitudes about killing? The sword that protects? Well, I guess the stated family tradition of helping friends and offering second chances counts. Well written and a good read!
kokoronagomu chapter 14 . 5/1/2010
very nice! i likes me some pirates D

i like the strong kaoru- i never understood why they would take yahiko -who just recovered from being poisoned and only learned to hold a bokken- and left kaoru -who was obviously more qualified- to go against kanryuu (although yahiko was an effective projectile). i feel she isn't given enough credit in manga/anime. you however, gave her a strength and gave her opportunity to use it.

i loved this and so glad you left the ending open for the sequel.
Star of Arabia chapter 14 . 12/4/2009
Loved the story! Thanks for writing this and bringing joy to me friends and I!
Pinay chapter 14 . 11/8/2009
Congratulations on this story. Well-written and beautiful plot. Yes, though a happy ending is always appreciated, I find this paricular ending to be the most appropriate. Thank you for sharing this with us.