Reviews for Between the Devil and the Deep
CaylieJelly chapter 14 . 1/4
I really love this story! It's great to see a strong kick ass Kaoru. And I loved the way you portrayed them as well as the setting and the circumstances. I love it! I love the way you ended it. It's so sensible, the pang of reality is there. And I know this written a decade ago but if ever the author reads this, I would like to express my gratitude to you for creating such amazing story and for sharing your talent to all the RK fanfics readers.
the Dah chapter 14 . 7/4/2013
Kinda refreshing to see an ending like that. It's just open to possibilities for later development and at the same time quite right choise for the current situation. Very good story all in all. Thank you for sharing!
the Dah chapter 4 . 7/4/2013
Ohohohoo. Your author's notes are priceless. What would I give to read a fic where Kaoru would save a swooning Kenshin from the trouble... and yes, Badass Kaoru is awesome and the chapter was very good indeed.
chibi heishi chapter 11 . 8/2/2012
*dies laughing* Oh, God, Saitoh is WHIPPED! hahaha
himurasan chapter 8 . 1/19/2012
why is kenshin a punk in this story? I'm really hoping he unleashes some destruction sometime soon.
Jasmine blossom625 chapter 14 . 11/3/2010
This story is amazing! I'm sorry that I didn't read it earlier. I agree with your reasoning as to why it ended on that particular note. In fact, I congratulate you for your guts on doing it. But of course I'd like to see them get their happily ever after, so be sure to see my review on the sequel! (Perfect solution, by the way ;))
J Luc Pitard chapter 14 . 10/2/2010
Fun adventure! The romance- unresolved as it is left in the end- was lovely and true to the characters as you wrote them. Of course, I love a strong Kaoru as much as the next rabid fan, but what of either of their attitudes about killing? The sword that protects? Well, I guess the stated family tradition of helping friends and offering second chances counts. Well written and a good read!
kokoronagomu chapter 14 . 5/1/2010
very nice! i likes me some pirates D

i like the strong kaoru- i never understood why they would take yahiko -who just recovered from being poisoned and only learned to hold a bokken- and left kaoru -who was obviously more qualified- to go against kanryuu (although yahiko was an effective projectile). i feel she isn't given enough credit in manga/anime. you however, gave her a strength and gave her opportunity to use it.

i loved this and so glad you left the ending open for the sequel.
Star of Arabia chapter 14 . 12/4/2009
Loved the story! Thanks for writing this and bringing joy to me friends and I!
Pinay chapter 14 . 11/8/2009
Congratulations on this story. Well-written and beautiful plot. Yes, though a happy ending is always appreciated, I find this paricular ending to be the most appropriate. Thank you for sharing this with us.
Yamashina Risaki chapter 14 . 9/29/2009
I've expected the ending somehow 3 And I liked it. Definitely better than happily ever afters. As much as my fan-girl side actually screamed at my notebook, this is a fairly lovely ending for a navy/pirate captain fanfic. It's been years and I'm glad you've left this story on so that I got a chance to come across it and send in my review ) Thank you! _
vamp1987 chapter 14 . 1/28/2009
This is a great AU story. I like how this is not a traditional romantic pirate story. I was really happy that Kaoru was the pirate and Kenshin the victim or circumstance. She kept remainding me of Gena Davis in Cutthroat Island. I can't wait to read the sequel and see where else you took the story.
Clarence Hikari chapter 14 . 9/26/2008
Very Nice story... lolx... although could have wished for a better ending, but I see your point in how it's not likely that they would ever abandon everything for someone they barely knew..

Hmm... but it's really really good work! I really enjoyed reading it, the plot and the characters were nicely done...

THink I'll go and read the sequel now.. lolx Good work once again!
Spooky Pumpkin chapter 14 . 6/7/2008
WOW! That was great! I couldn't stop reading!
LadyBardock chapter 14 . 5/25/2008