Reviews for Between the Devil and the Deep
JML chapter 10 . 10/6/2003
seven months along and on a ship? *whistles* Tokio's a tough lady, that she is.

quite the tongue Saitou has, doesn't he. *covers younger ears*

wonder how you're wrap up this battle of Kaoru vs. Shishio. death for Shishio by sword or by drowning (although, him being a top commodore, he SHOULD know how to swim).
brittany8 chapter 9 . 10/5/2003
Just wondering... but... how come you havent updated lately. *tear tear sniffles tear* please update soon. thanks! ~Brit~
teddy grahms chapter 9 . 10/5/2003
heh heh, yeah i had fun on national talk-like-a-pirate-day too! (unfortunately the only pirate lingo i remembered were "aargh" and "matey"!) update soon!
RK-128 chapter 9 . 9/23/2003
Wow, that was fun! I'm SO glad Kaoru is fighting Shishio. I hope she kicks his sorry butt. I really liked their little exchange before fighting too. The whole Saitoh to the brig thing was hysterical. "Mutiny? This is my fucking ship!" Ahh, good times... Anyway, I can't wait for the next chapter. And yes, I did talk like a pirate... ~R&K
Epic Epicness chapter 9 . 9/21/2003
WOOT! GO KAORU! LOVE THE STORY! WRITE MORE!
ChiisaiKo chapter 9 . 9/20/2003
This is great! I couldnt stop reading it! I love, love, love it! Funy, I always say Aoshi as part of the Imperial army-must be his stoic demeanor in the anime. I could totally see him as Kenshin's first mate or something.

Kaoru kicks so much ass. Kudos. She's amazing and strong and finally an equal match to Kenshin. Yay! :) And they're wonderful together. I'm dying to know what happens next. Thanks for writing this. It's fantastic.
Dragowolf chapter 9 . 9/19/2003
I LOVE it! I hope the next chapter comes soon! I want more Misao! I really like misao and aoshi! Hope that you write soon!
Briar chapter 9 . 9/18/2003
Awesome! Kaoru is going to kick that bastard ass with grace. That little diatribe of banter was awesome. I love this story, not only is it well written and has the best female lead. But it's actually readable with the paragraph spacing you use. Yay!

I can't wait for the next chapter! Are you going to add Enishi into the mix too?
Icegal1 chapter 9 . 9/18/2003
EXCELLENT. ) MAY KAORU KICK SHISHIO'S SORRY ASS! ]
asc chapter 9 . 9/17/2003
Cant wait for ur next update!
Mir chapter 9 . 9/17/2003
Ah, another chapter! It's great how Kaoru really takes charge of everything with such confidence, and I'll be interested in seeing how the interaction (if any) between Kenshin and Hiko develops. You've taken a fun idea and really run with it _~.
Linay chapter 9 . 9/17/2003
*groan* Geez Gem, did you have to stop it there? Did ya really? Poo.

Just joking.

This was, again, an excellent chapter. I love the interaction between Saito and Shishio. It's priceless. And the scene when Kaoru introduces herself to Shishio - that made my heart soar! I'm so proud of our litle pirate (whoops, better not patronize her!) I just can't wait for the next installement. This fic rocks!
Mill chapter 9 . 9/17/2003
"Whether or not he will sink to his knees and begin crying and begging Kaoru to stop will remain to be seen."

lol! I love this story, and I'm, sorry for not reviewing it earlier. This fic is just getting more and more exciting, I love how tough Kaoru is. And Hiko as a wooden-legged cook - abolute comedy genius.

Kenshin, Sano and the other characters are very well drawn, too. And you certainly picked the right villain in Shisho.

I think Misao's a silly selfish brat, but that has more to do with the fact that I can't stand the annoying girl and avoid her like the plague in fics than anything you did with her, so it's all good!

Can I look forward to a long chapter from you soon? _~
Mill chapter 9 . 9/17/2003

Can I look forward to a long chapter from you soon? _~
LadyShiin chapter 9 . 9/17/2003
WHEE! ::bounces:: Kaoru vs. Shishio! Hopes she beats him (will she beat him? I hope so). I love how you make Kaoru such a strong character too many fics show her as a weak (even though we know that isn't true) little girl hiding behind Kenshin and letting him do all the fighting for her. It's great to finally get see Kaoru getting some action! I look forward eagerly for more!

~LadyShiin