Reviews for Between the Devil and the Deep
Miss Loquacious chapter 14 . 9/28/2006
Wow, unexpected and suprisingly realistic. Congratulations for not falling into the trap of cornyness.
windtalker chapter 14 . 8/15/2006
Well it was something else to say at lest , it was good and your right not all endings are happy their just a start for something better good job!
ahou incarnate chapter 14 . 7/15/2006
This was such an amazingly well written fic - really enjoyed reading it! I agree that the cliche, mushy ending just wouldn't have worked. But! - I have a sequel to go read now. YAY! I hope I can find mushiness there... we'll have to see _
happyangel123 chapter 14 . 6/17/2006
i really liked your story its my favorite heh well you did a great job!
Serphtears chapter 7 . 6/15/2006
I luv it!
Miztical-Dragon chapter 14 . 6/5/2006
This was an awesome story! The ending didn't really peave me off at all. I was actually expecting it but meh! I'm like you in the sense of, yeah I don't like this ending, but my hands wrote it not me. It was a beautiful story and I hope that the sequel is good too! Kyah! lol I love your writing style and honestly I was hoping for a lemon (hides under table) lol -Krystal-
malencia chapter 14 . 5/2/2006
liked it and can't wait till you write more. what will happen on the ship and what will happen to Kenshin and yahiko. can't wait to read more. please write more soon
manga girl234 chapter 14 . 4/16/2006
I understand the reason for the outcome of the story, though I may dislike it very much. I must say that your writing is very good. You had the story play out well, and your grammar was a wonderful relief compared to other stories with writers that don't take the time and consideration to check for grammar errors that could have easily been caught by spell check or whatever it is called. I could not just finish reading this story without reviewing it. I am very grateful for the joy this story has given me with the excitement and suspense of it all.
animeodyssey15 chapter 14 . 3/2/2006
I applaud this story. It is one of the few that doesn't have a sappy ending. This story was also a refreshing change from Kaoru being a damsel-in-distress, as you said yourself. This is definitely one of those stories that I draw inspiration from to write my own, I try not to steal storylines or plots from insanely awesome fics like these. But I really enjoyed the kick-ass Kaoru, like I said earlier, it's a refreshing change. But might I also suggest a sequel? You've certainly got a good set-up for it. Imagine with me; Years later, Kenshin is assigned to track down the Kami Kaze. He was sure that he had forgotten about her and promised himself that he would do his job. But when he saw her again for the first time, he just couldn't bring himself to send her to the gallows. So he goes back to HQ and says that she escaped. As a result, they send a different ship with a different captain. Except, this one doesn't care that the captain is a woman. Enishi will do his job no matter what. As the other captain, Enishi, takes Kaoru into custody, a fierce hurricane blows their way and smashes the ship into a high coral reef. The bottom hull is scraped and the ship eventually sinks. So now, everyone (everyone important, at least) is stranded on a nearby island with dwindling food supplies. On the other hand, Kenshin finally realizes that he would do anything for Kaoru and goes after her ship and Enishi's. While on the island, Enishi's crew and Kaoru's crew get into a disagreement and start a battle. Kaoru and Aoshi face off against Enishi while Sano and a few other loyal crew members take on Enishi's crew. Sano eventually takes out the opposing forces and it's down to Kaoru, Aoshi, and Enishi. At noon on the first day of their battle, a ship passes by the island. Coincidentally, it's Kenshin's ship! He eventually defeats Enishi in a long and furious battle. All the couples and their crews move to a populated nearby island and live happily ever after! I know that is something that is somewhat sappy, but I think you could easily pull it off. I would rate this story at a perfect 10 out of 10.
Lost Secrets chapter 14 . 2/23/2006
I respect authors who know when happy endings are not always an option. Besides, this made me laugh. _ Excellent story, m'dear.

Love!
malencia chapter 14 . 2/11/2006
That was so sad! Do they meet again? well I hope that they do. It was really good. sugoi! sugoi! well i hope you write more soon. Ja
poisonpeachpop chapter 14 . 2/11/2006
After read this marvelous storie for hours on end, I finally finished. I left this story only once(when my mom had to make a call) This is a fantastic fic. It was very realistic and I loved the way you made Kaoru. It was so perfect. Although Kenshin and Kaoru seemed so formal and I hated it, it fit. Tokio was a raging flame and Saito was in perfect personality to his anime counter-part. And, I must say, Sano was the best Ive ever seen him in a fanfic. Most authors make Kenshin and Sano friends immeaditly. You gave him the perfect Zanza image during his fit with Kenshin. Sano was definatly the most in character one of the lot. Once again, I loved this and Im going to go read the sequel now! Fantastic work!
nananana chapter 13 . 1/1/2006
sweet story... wah... sad endings..sobs...maybe u can consider doing a sequel? then kenshin becomes a pirate... muahahaha
Ali chapter 14 . 12/19/2005
I loved the plot and setting and everything, especially Captin Kaoru, but the ending was pitiful. I hope to see a lemon from you to make up for it! ttfn!

~Ali~