Reviews for Between the Devil and the Deep
The-Lone-Lemon chapter 8 . 1/4/2004
At this point I know taht you have alot , if not all of this story posted/written and I Thought my hopes that Shishio will try to ravish Kaoru and she will put up a good fight and all but she still gets knocked out or somthing like that and Kenshin saves her. However that hardly suits Kaorus character. But I am a hopless romanantic so what can I say? Other that I absolutly love your story and that I can't wait to go read more!
Reverie-sama chapter 15 . 12/15/2003
Sugoi! This is one of the best stories I have ever read. The characters were true to the story if not better. The plot was wonderfully coherent and fluid. I am in awe *bows*
I even admire your sad ending despite my own wishes for Kenshin and Kaoru fluffiness. It takes some guts to be true to your story and characters despite your fans pleadings and threats. D
And you write Kaoru as a Bad-ass so wel! *applauds* But at the same time you don't diminish Kenshin in his attempts to be chivalarous. Bravo. Bravo.
Wow.. that is all I can say is just wow. _
Sylvia Viridian chapter 16 . 12/12/2003
Thank you for the author's note, if you hadn't already done a sequel, I would have come over and made you write one. I don't kill good authors, as a rule. If they're dead, they can't write very well...
The ending does make sense, loath though I am to admit it. I'll go read the sequel now...
Icegal1 chapter 15 . 11/22/2003
i loved the frank realism of ur story. ] life's not a bed of roses, and whilst this is kinda an adventure/romance kinda story, i appreciate practicality when i see it. it makes the characters more real and the situations more believeable. lol! in fact, i tire of those oh-and-they-lived-happily-ever-after endings. life's not like that and i wish that more authors could be like you. ) brilliant.

i found the ending to be extrememly fitting. heh and i await eagerly for the sequel to this masterpiece. hope you write more and write soon! )
Ame Kurayami chapter 15 . 11/21/2003
*waves sword around* ... HOW COULD YOU! Yes, I understand the author's notes. Yes, I agree that there was much standing in their way. But DAMN. *angry* How evil! That sequel better come out soon... or it will be your head! *sheathes Kasai* *sighs* I'd have to admit, this was the single most solitary pirate fic I've read, liked, and finished.
teddy grahms chapter 15 . 11/21/2003
*keels over from shock*

...That's...the end?

I agree that it is definitly more realistic to end this way, but I think that in the back of everyone's mind they really want the world to be a perfect place, complete with happy endings.

I can't wait to read the sequel!
Vesca chapter 15 . 11/21/2003
oh.. you are an evil bunny, but a good writer. How do your paws type so nicely?
Fanfiction Wanderer chapter 15 . 11/21/2003
_ i agree with you...the story would have made no sense for them to end up together with a snap of a wrist-im glad you have realized this and that you are doing a sequel! _ I will surely review that one as well, as I am sure that it will be just as good, if not better, than this fic _ so happy writing _

-FW
nee-chan chapter 15 . 11/21/2003
Oh my god, this is such a wonderful story! I am so sorry that I didn't get to read this earlier. I'm so glad that you are going to make a sequel because this story is so good! aND, DON'T WORRY, I understand the ending... life is not always perfect, ne? _
Mry chapter 15 . 11/21/2003
Just one thing... this was the BEST ending for this story. You didn't desapointed me. Congratulations! True life isn't always a fairy tale and you made that clear on this fabulous story. Congratulations. Continue writting, you're great at it! By!
a-fearsome-thing chapter 14 . 11/21/2003
The ending was so sad yet you just had to smile. I'm glad your making a sequel. I can't wait to read it! You can expect me to read and review very much. I can just say one more thing and here it is: wookie-wokie-woo. Just kidding here is what i really wanted to say: I LOVED YOUR STORY! You made me a very happy reader.

~Catrina3
Guest chapter 15 . 11/21/2003
Good reasoning...

But, who would throw away what they had been building up for years, for love and a person?

Must of taken a lot of will power in the actual world, but yea.

Feh. I can't give up my goal of psycology for someone. I'll finish my goals first, thank you very much.

Too bad though, no happy ending here. But it makes the story's ending so unpredictable you know.

Good job.
Lady Enchantress chapter 15 . 11/21/2003
I truly have loved this story. One of my favorites, actually. I'm sorry i haven't reviewed up until now, but i always was too busy to. I love the story, though i would suggest a different ending. why not have kenshin do the same thing that misao did; have them say he died. that way, he could be with kaoru. or, could you at least make a sequel or epilogue? it was really too great to end.
Rekka's Angel chapter 15 . 11/21/2003
Awesome job! I totally understand why you ended it the way you did, even if I was sad for them, but it makes the story more real. You did a wonderful job, and I can't wait to read the sequel! Keep up the great work!
ewunia chapter 14 . 11/21/2003
This definitely calls for sequel. The ending almost requires it. Great fic and I hope that the sequel will be as interesting and this fic. So continue.
308 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 .. Last Next »