Reviews for The Last Enemy: The Howling Nights
the-kermit-kid chapter 55 . 12/25/2021
Wow oh wow. I have got back into reading fanfics recently, and I have to tell you this is one of the best I have ever read.
Guess I have to investigate ao3 now
Seraphina Silver chapter 1 . 11/26/2021
This is a really underrated fic. I've already come back to reread it, I swear I'll tell all other Potterheads I know about this fanfic. Please never stop writing, I'm a fan of TLE:THL!

Signed,
A thoroughly satisfied Marauders fanatic!
Seraphina Silver chapter 55 . 10/26/2021
I found this fanfiction through a rec on Quora, and I was immediately won over by the summary. I don't think anyone has done Sirius Black's character justice like you have!

In the many fanfics I've read, JP is portrayed either as an arrogant pompous arse who stole Lily's heart just because of his physical attributes and Quidditch skills and was in reality, a scheming motherfucker or he is shown to be this mom friend with SUCH an angelic personality that someone find it hard to believe that a man like him ever existed. But you... you have PERFECTLY highlighted all the flaws and imperfections of our Gryffindor Golden Boy and that's what makes him perfect!

I found Sirius to be most relatable, what with extreme family issues regarding strong differences of opinion. In my opinion, his character was the best thing you could've given this story! I haven't read any fic where he's as brilliant. Oh yeah, and it was nice to see that for once, Sirius accomplished the major feat of being an Animagus BEFORE Potter!

Remus Lupin and Pettigrew were the usual spectacular sidekicks. It's reassuring to know that Remus FINALLY grew a spine after the Black Lake Incident and tried to improve his friends. Pettigrew... well, let's just say that one, he hasn't turned evil yet, two, he was indirectly the mastermind behind the idea of the Marauders becoming Animagi so- he was good enough.

Lily Evans now... always has been a beloved redhead (though Ron Weasley shall forever remain on MY favourite redhead list). Her interactions with Professor Dearborn have been a delight to read. I particularly liked "I'm going to go fight a war." I have an unrelated question though... was Caradoc Dearborn a canon character? I'm afraid I don't recall... anyway, let's get back to Lily's character. Love the sassy comebacks! I think she was a bit shallow though... like, obviously everything isn't black and white. And well, there are many ways people see the world in. Kinda self-obssessed as well, she probably doesn't even know Mary's mother's name.

Snape, well, I can see the dilemma. He probably didn't have a choice rather than facing wrath of the Slytherins if he didn't play along. But yeah, he did CHOOSE to join the Death Eaters, unless I'm thoroughly mistaken. Brilliantly portrayed, though I would have enjoyed a few more chapters from his perspective. Well, this one is our main character from Slytherin so... and plus, I admit to have a bit of fascination for the Green house (though I identify as a Gryffindor). I think, after Sirius, Snape is the most realistic character in this fic.

All in all, I. LOVED. THIS. FANFICTION.

Can't wait to read the sequel!

Cheers,
SS
Seraphina Silver chapter 54 . 10/26/2021
Bloody hell, this chapter was gut-wrenching... BEAUTIFULLY written! Can't wait to see what happens next.
practicecourts chapter 5 . 10/22/2021
Nice Nice !
Guest chapter 56 . 9/6/2021
I read this entire fic in basically one sitting. It’s really engaging and well written. I loved the characterisation of everyone and the way you seamlessly built on everything we know from canon. I’m looking forward to reading the sequel
mathildem73 chapter 56 . 8/27/2021
Really great story ! I’ll have to start reading book 2 !
Potiusmoriquamfoedare chapter 1 . 8/14/2021
Unquestionably the best written fic, deep and layered while adhering to canon. I can't wait for the rest of the fic. Nice job
FriendlyNeighborhoodHPFan chapter 56 . 7/25/2021
I've been keeping up with your sequel on Ao3, but I haven't made an account there. I just wanted to let you know that your story is the single best marauders' story that I've ever read and I find each chapter more thrilling than the last. You have some great reviewers and I don't think I have anything unique to add, so I'll just say that this series makes me so happy. Thanks for writing it.
awkwardosu chapter 56 . 6/21/2021
ah omg i'm so glad this story is back! i guess i gotta get on ao3 tho
Guest chapter 56 . 6/9/2021
So good I’m so happy you started on the second book!
rmmurphy chapter 14 . 6/1/2021
The world does not deserve Lily Evans in this chapter.
rmmurphy chapter 12 . 6/1/2021
Did you just show how someone raised in racism can change when exposed to different and diverse ideology and education? Because yes.
rmmurphy chapter 11 . 6/1/2021
Okay so I’m new here. I planned on reading this at the beginning of May to be ready for your drop in June. But then shirtless jp May..

So you’re are about to get all the new comments.
1. McGee is the absolute shit
2. Showing James never being told no as the reason he works so hard to succeed is amazing.
3. Is this the beginnings of his feminist awakening because he does show interest in Lily for her looks. He notices her because she’s an intellectual challenge. She’s passionate but different than him and he respects it. Then he starts to really notice her because of her kindness to his friends. Remus isn’t her friend yet. But she knows she can help and James eats it up.

I love this chapter. I loved the character growth in the chapter. It just sticks with me.
awkwardosu chapter 47 . 4/27/2021
This was such a well done chapter omg