Reviews for Falling
snowydaze364 chapter 4 . 1/18
Reading a new chapter and wondering what is going to happen next is always a good little study break from school! I have so many questions about how Pan can command Jess to do things. Does he have to say the command out loud? What if she can't hear him? What if he couldn't talk? Can he unknowingly force her to do something or does it have to be intentional? What if he forces her to do something and it ends up putting her in a dangerous situation? Anyway, those are just my ramblings hahaha. Looking forward to the next chapter as always!
monkeybaby chapter 4 . 12/15/2020
Nice chapter!
oncer448 chapter 4 . 12/7/2020
She is still selfless after everything! I know we probably will have to go though her low points/ her being broken before she totally fights back. Great chapter, and super excited for the next one!
TheRealWendyDarling chapter 4 . 12/3/2020
I always get excited for an update and I was so glad when I got the notification, I had a moment to read the new chapter (which is kind of hard to get when you're a kindergarten teacher).
I was so curious to see what this New Neverland was going to look like and...holy crap, it's terrifying (especially the bit with Mary Margaret and the music box). I thought the part where Regina was healing Jess where Pan hurt her was really intriguing, because now I'm honestly trying to figure out if she did it of her own free will (and she feels bad for Jess) or if Pan told her to do it. I think it's interesting to see the magnitude of the control that Pan wants/has over Jess such as her clothes, her hair, what jewelry she wears. You read the chapter and you just feel for her because her free will has been taken away about 90%, but there's still that spark inside her thats going to fight back against him like when she flicks him off or tells him to fuck off.

Now that we've seen part of the town, I'm really interested to see how Pan changed the Lost Boys and what their circumstances are in the New Neverland. I feel like the minute Jess sees one of her brothers for the first time in the New Neverland, she's going to break down, especially if Pan has made their situation as hellish as the rest of the residents in the town. I wouldn't blame her because at the end of the day, Jess is human and within these circumstances, we'll probably see her get to that breaking point...the end question being what will drive her to be broken enough so that she'll start submitting to Pan? Is it going to be a crescendo of events or will there be one specific point that makes her think "what other choice is there?"
I love the introduction of Will in this chapter. He is one of my favorite characters from the show especially with his dry humor and survivalist mechanism.
LOVE LOVE THIS FANFIC and looking so forward to seeing the next chapter!
Dreamer-Girl96 chapter 4 . 12/2/2020
Ahhh I was so thrilled when I saw you updated! And now even more so by how fantastic it was. Also the fact you have the next chapter already finished was a giant added bonus that I'm super excited about.

Take your time, of course! Life is already difficult enough but this year has been a nightmare for everyone, so please don't feel pressured about updates! We understand, we can wait. Just be safe and take care of yourself! That's the most important thing.

So chapter 4 gave us a look at Pan's New Neverland and may I just say,

Holyyyyy fucking shit. Pan. Dude. Wtf is your damage, man? Why don't you try cookie dough while listening to Bohemian Rhapsody for the first time and maybe you'll calm down!

Okay but seriously though, this is exactly the kind of thing Pan would do to Storybrooke if he had succeeded. Making the entire town suffer and cower in fear of him, while he struts around like he's their god.

You did such a great job at showing us this. You gave us a perfect picture of what the dynamic between him and the town is like. It really is basically like a giant dollhouse for him to play with. And for years Jess was like a boxed-up special collectors edition doll sitting high up on a shelf, out of reach, and he wanted to play with her so badly but he never could until now, when after all these years he finally found a stool to stand on. And scissors for the box.

Wow what the actual fuck kind of metaphor did I just type? Jesus. I need to go to bed.

So anyway, I also agree with Jess's perception of Pan, regarding how he's living his lifestyle in the New Neverland, and why. Pan to me, even on the show, has always seemed like someone who doesn't actually care about living as a child for eternity. He grew up in a time where it seemed like the only ones with freedom were young boys and the rich/powerful. But he doesn't actually want to live like a kid, he's too sadistic and in many ways too mature to want that (i.e his thirst for Vin putting him at constant risk of dehydration).

This New Neverland is his chance to write himself the story he's always wanted. He gets immortality, power, and his enemies forever at his mercy. And Jess/Vin.

I think she still underestimates just how obsessed with her he is. While he's definitely doing things to taunt and hurt her, and while almost everything he does "for her" has 0 innocent or kind motives behind it, there are still moments he really is trying to win her over. Not through acts of genuine love or kindness obviously lmfao. Instead it seems more like he's trying to manipulate her into giving herself to him then throwing a tantrum when it doesn't work.

Also I don't think he wants to totally break her as a person, as he's made it clear before how boring it would be if she were like a mindless robot. I think he wants her to retain enough of herself to forever remain entertaining to him, but instead of hating him he wants her to be in love with him, or at the very least he wants to watch her whole world shift to revolve only around him. The game is to make her submit to him, after all.

I wonder if he'll succeed, even temporarily. I wouldn't blame her at all, although she's incredibly brave and strong she's still human and she's been through hell. Without her brothers or any allies I can imagine she'll feel incredibly lonely and vulnerable if the constant isolation and mind games continue. Or maybe Jess will play the part in order to manipulate him back.

No matter what happens, I'm sure it'll be amazing and I look forward to finding out what happens next!
FurySaidtoaMouse chapter 4 . 12/2/2020
This was such a good chapter. I love how you write Pan, and the different ways people are cursed are so cool (feeling very bad for Mary Margaret right now though). Great job!
FemaleWhovian chapter 4 . 12/2/2020
A fairytale hell, quite fitting for Pan I suppose. I do like the point that had he any real control of the island’s exterior, it would have been even more awful. Probably would have replaced the mermaids with whale sized
piranhas if he was given the chance. Also, was that a Will Scarlett cameo I saw there? I’m loving the Regina and Jess slow burn friendship, it’s perfect for her character. She wants an ally but she’s not one to trust easy. Wonderful chapter as per usual! Can’t wait for more heartbreak on the next!
ColdHeartAngel chapter 4 . 12/2/2020
Wait a minute...did Jess just cross paths with Will Scarlet? What a way to introduce him into the story! I love how he immediately picked up that Jess was trying to save his ass and just went along with her lie. Ugh! I just love their bond already and I can't wait to see their future interactions. What a badass sassy duo would they be! If they end up being close friends one day it would be a fun story to tell their friends and family how they met. "Oh you know, I stole a ring from her and she saved me from having my shadow ripped." and Snow and David are just listening all like: "Stealing a ring? Saving each other? Been there done that." XD

Since we are on the topic of Snow White. Let me tell you, I did not expect her to be trapped inside a music box. But it makes total sense. Like Jess said, Snow always represented hope and now that she's trapped there appears to be no hope left. A very scary thought, but I absolutely love the symbolism there. Now I'm going to spend hours trying to figure out what those lyrics mean. There's a mention of a Dreamer so there must be something important hidden in between the lines! Time to put my thinking cap on!

Anyway, thank you so much for this amazing chapter. I can't wait to see what happens next.

Break a keyboard!
ColdHeartAngel
Kjeanson14 chapter 1 . 11/27/2020
Thank you for updating! Love it.
fangirll2017 chapter 3 . 11/8/2020
I’m so glad I decided to check FanFiction for the first time in a while for any updates! I was up all night rereading the last part of Fading Away and this AU. I think you are doing such an amazing job and I really want to thank you for continuing with this story!

Also, because I was rereading Fading Away, I saw you were accepted to nursing school! Congratulations! I’m not sure when you posted that so you may be finished with it already. My sister is in nursing school currently, so I know how taxing it can be. Anyway, good job! I bet you’ll be an amazing nurse.
snowydaze364 chapter 3 . 11/1/2020
Very good chapter as per usual. Poor Jess!
monkeybaby chapter 3 . 10/7/2020
Nice chapter! Thanks for updating!
LaurieFaith chapter 3 . 10/7/2020
Omfg this chapter was so brutal. I could t help hit shed a few tears at the end. It's the ultimate control pan has over jess.
TheRealWendyDarling chapter 3 . 10/5/2020
Not gonna lie...when I saw that this had been updated, it felt like christmas morning. You are an incredible writer and I love watching this AU unfold between Vin and Pan.

I liked how this chapter focused a lot on how Vin was feeling internally and it wasn't afraid to get incredibly vulnerable in that process. Vin puts off a very confident and determined attitude, but at the end of the day, she is also human and is going to show a frightened and fearful side in this situation. One of my favorite parts of this chapter was the part at the end where she waited under the bed, fearful that Pan was going to come in and rape her. As you read it, you could feel her anxiety hiding under that bed and waiting for the worst to happen. It gave me so many reflections of the series Jessica Jones, especially in the instances where Jessica is alone and away from Kilgrave, yet still fearful because of the uncertainty of what he can do. Pan holds all of this power over Vin right now and her fearfulness of that can come from the fact that there is both an inevitability of what he could do to her next, but also an uncertainty (and that's where her mind goes into the worst possibilities). Pan is capable of so many different things, but he likes keeping people guessing to keep them involved in his games. We get to see Vin have that determination and have that fight within her, but it's in these particular circumstances that we see her human/vulnerable side as well which makes the story even more fascinating. I'm totally not going to lie, I'm secretly hoping that Regina helps her come up with a plan to get out of there.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Pan has done to Vin's brothers and how she's going to react to that as well as what Pan has created in this New Neverland to suit what he wants especially in how it affects some of the main characters from the series like Emma, Baelfire, and Hook.
FemaleWhovian chapter 3 . 10/5/2020
Ouch, this chapter is very painful to read. I appreciate how tactful you are while writing the domestic abuse scenes. One thing I’ve always appreciated about your writing is that while you speak on topics of abuse, you never cheapen them. Pan goes from seemingly sweet to dangerous in two seconds. There’s barely any warning, and the fact she lies terrified every night is very true to form. Excited and nervous to see what the next chapter will bring.
56 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »